Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Waiting
No votes
Waitlisted
44%
Accepted
56%
Rejected
No votes

Total votes: 27

Christinabruin

Bronze

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Keilz wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
Keilz wrote:Just to clarify, I checked the checker yesterday and my decision date was still there, sobit looks like they're adjusting the checkers which I think might be an indication of it coming soon. But this is speculation of course lol

I hope so!! Although mine still says the same thing since I was admitted PT back in November :(

Good to know! You interviewed within the first two weeks I assume?

Yes I did! So hopefully my status checker turns blank like yours assuming that's a good sign, haha :lol:

cooldog

New

Postby cooldog » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:07 am

Just got in as of 1:01am via email! Was anxiously browsing TLS when I got the email. Also it's Duke vs. UNC game this Thursday. God bless :)

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:16 am

cooldog wrote:Just got in as of 1:01am via email! Was anxiously browsing TLS when I got the email. Also it's Duke vs. UNC game this Thursday. God bless :)

Congratulations! Priority track?

charles117

Bronze

Postby charles117 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:16 am

cooldog wrote:Just got in as of 1:01am via email! Was anxiously browsing TLS when I got the email. Also it's Duke vs. UNC game this Thursday. God bless :)

congrats, still waiting here

cooldog

New

Postby cooldog » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:22 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:

Nope, it's RD. I went UR2 on Feb.2.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:23 am

cooldog wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

Blessing to hear. I'm RD and have been under review lol.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:24 am

Anyone here wanna go to Duke because of Belle Knox lmao

cooldog

New

Postby cooldog » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:26 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
cooldog wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

Mine went complete on 1/4. Hope you hear back soon!

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:27 am

cooldog wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
cooldog wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

Mine went complete on 1/4. Hope you hear back soon!

Thanks! I hope you hear back soon as well.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:34 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:Anyone here wanna go to Duke because of Belle Knox lmao

didn't she drop out

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:51 am

proteinshake wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Anyone here wanna go to Duke because of Belle Knox lmao

didn't she drop out

I heard she was still enrolled but took a year off. If you search Duke notable Alumni she is the first person that comes up.lmao.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:35 am

cooldog wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

Did you go DLS? And what are your stats?

Also went UR2 on 2/2 so I'm wondering if this is a good or bad thing

cooldog

New

Postby cooldog » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:49 pm

RParadela wrote:
cooldog wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

Did you go DLS? And what are your stats?

Also went UR2 on 2/2 so I'm wondering if this is a good or bad thing

Yep. I think it changed at night because yesterday morning it was still under review. 3.68/170

Nightwing

Bronze

Postby Nightwing » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:09 pm

So this priority reserve... when do they really start picking people off of it? Not sure if it's like a traditional waitlist or more like a hold... getting mixed messages. I got the PT invite, have nearly identical stats to cooldog above (congrats btw), and got hit with a PR decision several weeks back. I submitted a "Why Duke" with my application and sent in a LOCI almost immediately after getting my PR decision, but it's been complete silence since.

What do Duke want from me? Getting my hopes up like that and showing no real interest in letting me in despite my >75th percentile LSAT and interest-showing efforts... it's really getting to me. :?

cooldog

New

Postby cooldog » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Nightwing wrote:So this priority reserve... when do they really start picking people off of it? Not sure if it's like a traditional waitlist or more like a hold... getting mixed messages. I got the PT invite, have nearly identical stats to cooldog above (congrats btw), and got hit with a PR decision several weeks back. I submitted a "Why Duke" with my application and sent in a LOCI almost immediately after getting my PR decision, but it's been complete silence since.

What do Duke want from me? Getting my hopes up like that and showing no real interest in letting me in despite my >75th percentile LSAT and interest-showing efforts... it's really getting to me. :?

Sorry to hear about that. I didn't get a PT invite because my stats were lower before January (167), and I wasn't really expecting an acceptance because i got WL by NW and Cornell :( The only reason I could think of is 1. my Why Duke was personal because I'm a dukie, and 2. I did work for duke law clinic and visited the AO personally. Also not getting a fee waiver from duke from early on almost crashed me.

Nightwing

Bronze

Postby Nightwing » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:23 pm

cooldog wrote:
Nightwing wrote:So this priority reserve... when do they really start picking people off of it? Not sure if it's like a traditional waitlist or more like a hold... getting mixed messages. I got the PT invite, have nearly identical stats to cooldog above (congrats btw), and got hit with a PR decision several weeks back. I submitted a "Why Duke" with my application and sent in a LOCI almost immediately after getting my PR decision, but it's been complete silence since.

Sorry to hear about that. I didn't get a PT invite because my stats were lower before January (167), and I wasn't really expecting an acceptance because i got WL by NW and Cornell :( The only reason I could think of is 1. my Why Duke was personal because I'm a dukie, and 2. I did work for duke law clinic and visited the AO personally. Also not getting a fee waiver from duke from early on almost crashed me.

That Duke law clinic experience and Why Duke sound pretty awesome. Cornell acting weird this cycle isn't new, but I'm surprised NW didn't straight-up let you in. Maybe this is just a really weird cycle with the number of high LSAT scorers being down and schools playing things a little more conservatively until later in the cycle... I hope. Cornell have been letting some people off their waitlist early for showing great interest, for example. Congrats on Duke anyway, it seems right for you.

cooldog

New

Postby cooldog » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Nightwing wrote:
cooldog wrote:

That Duke law clinic experience and Why Duke sound pretty awesome. Cornell acting weird this cycle isn't new, but I'm surprised NW didn't straight-up let you in. Maybe this is just a really weird cycle with the number of high LSAT scorers being down and schools playing things a little more conservatively until later in the cycle... I hope. Cornell have been letting some people off their waitlist early for showing great interest, for example. Congrats on Duke anyway, it seems right for you.

I think if you have the chance, calling or visiting duke law might be a good idea cause I know duke in general really cares about personal relationships. LOL i think I bombed the NW interview--literally the worst interview Ive ever done; I froze in front of the camera and could not think straight at all.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Keilz wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
Keilz wrote:I was accepted PT in October but have recently been checking my status checker for scholarship notification. Today I don't have a current status or status date. it's blank.

I interviewed second day it opened- anyone with the same timeframe have the same thing? do scholarships come thru mail or email

Same thing here. I think they come through snail mail. Also I believe the tracker will be updated eventually to indicate they mailed them out

Yes as TexasENG said, scholarship info does come through snail mail and the status checker will change when it's been mailed out!

My interviewer also said anyone who interviewed within the first two weeks should hear by "late Jan. or early Feb." but I've got nothing yet :roll:

Just to clarify, I checked the checker yesterday and my decision date was still there, sobit looks like they're adjusting the checkers which I think might be an indication of it coming soon. But this is speculation of course lol

I hope so!! Although mine still says the same thing since I was admitted PT back in November :(

"Scholarship decision mailed" added today under mailings. Date was blank yesterday.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:25 pm

Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
Keilz wrote:I was accepted PT in October but have recently been checking my status checker for scholarship notification. Today I don't have a current status or status date. it's blank.

I interviewed second day it opened- anyone with the same timeframe have the same thing? do scholarships come thru mail or email

Same thing here. I think they come through snail mail. Also I believe the tracker will be updated eventually to indicate they mailed them out

Yes as TexasENG said, scholarship info does come through snail mail and the status checker will change when it's been mailed out!

My interviewer also said anyone who interviewed within the first two weeks should hear by "late Jan. or early Feb." but I've got nothing yet :roll:

Just to clarify, I checked the checker yesterday and my decision date was still there, sobit looks like they're adjusting the checkers which I think might be an indication of it coming soon. But this is speculation of course lol

"Scholarship decision mailed" added today under mailings. Date was blank yesterday.

Same! Now we wait.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:25 pm

ooo I'm I excited to see what these scholly packages are lookin like

addie1412

Silver

Postby addie1412 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:33 pm

YAY

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:38 pm

+1 to scholarship mailed whooooo!!!!!

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:+1 to scholarship mailed whooooo!!!!!

Me too!! Stoked. Really hoping it gets to me by Saturday at the latest.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:13 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:+1 to scholarship mailed whooooo!!!!!

Me too!! Stoked. Really hoping it gets to me by Saturday at the latest.

Yeah agreed, thinking Friday is most likely!

dwall1121

New

Postby dwall1121 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Just got the acceptance email!!! Wooooo so excited; can't believe it!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?