Admitted off waitlist after classes begin?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
goddard24

New

Admitted off waitlist after classes begin?

Postby goddard24 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Guys, Ive already been admitted to law school however I'm currently on the waitlists for about 6 top 10 schools. I wanted to know if I were to be admitted off the waitlist after I begin attending the school that I am currently admitted to, is it possible to de-register from my current school and attend a waitlist admit school? Or is it the case that once you register for classes and begin attending you are locked in for good?

Also does anyone have any experience doing this with financial aid from FAFSA being involved?

ThisWillDo23

New

Re: Admitted off waitlist after classes begin?

Postby ThisWillDo23 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:08 pm

goddard24 wrote:Also does anyone have any experience doing this with financial aid from FAFSA being involved?

Really good question, I'm wondering the same thing. I would have to take out more loans if I were to attend any of my waitlisted schools, so if anyone has any experience doing something like that this late in the game, I would appreciate some insight as to how the process works.

cod2016

New

Postby cod2016 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:37 pm

Me too. Waiting for some good advices.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:50 pm

goddard24 wrote:Guys, Ive already been admitted to law school however I'm currently on the waitlists for about 6 top 10 schools. I wanted to know if I were to be admitted off the waitlist after I begin attending the school that I am currently admitted to, is it possible to de-register from my current school and attend a waitlist admit school? Or is it the case that once you register for classes and begin attending you are locked in for good?

Also does anyone have any experience doing this with financial aid from FAFSA being involved?

at this point it is highly unlikely you will get off any of these waitlists. sorry.

goddard24

New

Postby goddard24 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:51 am

Anyone with any advice on this topic? or with any idea on a past thread that might have this info? Really would appreciate it!

legit

Bronze

Postby legit » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Google "[Law School Name] Withdrawal" to find the tuition refund schedule.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?