fordham waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Matteliszt

Silver

Re: fordham waitlist

Post by Matteliszt » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:56 pm

GW sent me with a deny letter about two weeks ago. I got waitlisted at Fordham the 11th. I just checked my status now, and I haven't recieved any notification of my WL status (other than the status checker). I assume a letter is in the mail. The next step I guess is a LOCI. At this point, are academic LORs still stronger than those from attorneys?

mps

New

Post by mps » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:14 pm

i can't decide if i should write a LOCI and pursue this waitlist or be happy i don't have the option. if i were accepted i would probably be tempted to attend, but the tuition+COL would not be fun and i would feel perpetually stressed out about finances on top of law school.

so let's all be thankful for the waitlist :D maybe, sort of... being positive. (but really, that is a major bright side, no?)

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:45 pm

I suppose it depends where else you got in.

andreea7

Bronze

Post by andreea7 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:06 pm

This yield protect talk scares me as my numbers are above their median (176 with 3.7). I like Fordham because of its international law program. I haven't heard anything since I went complete in January.

Anyway, a thought on the randomness of the process in general, not only as far as law schools are concerned. When I applied to gradschool I was rejected from a low ranked university and accepted at Columbia with full scholarship. Go figure! Hard to guess what goes on behind the scenes, no matter how much we want to know.

patagonia

New

Post by patagonia » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Sorry this is an old thread (I couldn't find a more recent one..)

I was just waitlisted to Fordham's PT program. Does anyone have any insight as to what my odds of being admitted are? Thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”