*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GOODWORKSTE

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby GOODWORKSTE » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:59 pm

LawMan16 wrote:In! I was verbally admitted today at the end of a phone interview with Dean Faulk. He's a great interviewer - asked me some questions about the interests I listed on my application, Why UVA, where do I see myself in 5 years and 30 years, and my three best and worst qualities.

I love UVA, and will be in this class. Can't wait to meet you guys. Best of luck to all those waiting for a decision!



Congratulations man. This is a big moment.

User avatar
texteach

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:49 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby texteach » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:57 am

Has anyone got a link to the spreadsheet for UVA this cycle? I know Michigan has one on page one of their thread that people have begun filling out, but I didn't see one for UVA. :?

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:07 am

Someone should start a UVA Class of 2020 thread.

WarriorPoet

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WarriorPoet » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:28 pm

SweetTort wrote:Someone should start a UVA Class of 2020 thread.


Sounds like your first duty as class president pro tempore. Your duties may also include buying drinks for members of the class who are older than you.

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:33 pm

WarriorPoet wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Someone should start a UVA Class of 2020 thread.


Sounds like your first duty as class president pro tempore. Your duties may also include buying drinks for members of the class who are older than you.


You have my vote. I support this policy.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:39 pm

SweetTort wrote:Someone should start a UVA Class of 2020 thread.

The mods would have to make a class of 2020 forum first.

PrimeNYC

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PrimeNYC » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Applied end of October, in via interview today!

LSAT=75th, GPA<25%

User avatar
dddddd90

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dddddd90 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:48 pm

.
Last edited by dddddd90 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

pizzagoblin

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:24 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pizzagoblin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Received an invitation from Dean Faulk to attend a dinner with him and Grace Cleveland in a "very small gathering" in NYC. Anyone else going?! So thrilled to be included!

dj7

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dj7 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Got my acceptance package in the mail today. Offered the Dillard... don't know if I can really justify going anywhere else now!

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:39 pm

dj7 wrote:Got my acceptance package in the mail today. Offered the Dillard... don't know if I can really justify going anywhere else now!


Congrats!!

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
dj7 wrote:Got my acceptance package in the mail today. Offered the Dillard... don't know if I can really justify going anywhere else now!


Congrats!!


Congrats! Did you get a paper letter? I'm still waiting on mine.

dj7

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dj7 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Yeah it was just an additional letter in the envelope. Kind of surprised me!

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:48 pm

dj7 wrote:Yeah it was just an additional letter in the envelope. Kind of surprised me!


Yeah, that's so dope! You were just handed a bright future on a silver platter.

User avatar
dddddd90

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dddddd90 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:07 pm

dj7 wrote:Yeah it was just an additional letter in the envelope. Kind of surprised me!


They didn't mention it in your interview?

dj7

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dj7 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:27 pm

dddddd90 wrote:
dj7 wrote:Yeah it was just an additional letter in the envelope. Kind of surprised me!


They didn't mention it in your interview?


No, not a word about it.

User avatar
dddddd90

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dddddd90 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:31 pm

dj7 wrote:
dddddd90 wrote:
dj7 wrote:Yeah it was just an additional letter in the envelope. Kind of surprised me!


They didn't mention it in your interview?


No, not a word about it.


I bet that was just about the shock of a lifetime.

User avatar
notsolawful

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notsolawful » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:52 pm

And here I am just hoping I get in, probably paying sticker

dj7

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dj7 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:10 pm

notsolawful wrote:And here I am just hoping I get in, probably paying sticker


Might just open up their package and find $178k inside one day. Never know

cathy95

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cathy95 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:35 pm

dj7 wrote:Yeah it was just an additional letter in the envelope. Kind of surprised me!

Congrats on the scholarship!! Did you write a why UVA? My application is at UR2 (submitted about two weeks ago) now but there is no interview request yet. Just realized UVA has this huge yp thing... wondering whether it might be a good idea to email them a why UVA over the weekend?!

User avatar
dddddd90

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dddddd90 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:50 pm

cathy95 wrote:
dj7 wrote:Yeah it was just an additional letter in the envelope. Kind of surprised me!

Congrats on the scholarship!! Did you write a why UVA? My application is at UR2 (submitted about two weeks ago) now but there is no interview request yet. Just realized UVA has this huge yp thing... wondering whether it might be a good idea to email them a why UVA over the weekend?!


I didn't write one. They'll ask in your interview though.

cathy95

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cathy95 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:56 pm

dddddd90 wrote:
cathy95 wrote:
dj7 wrote:Yeah it was just an additional letter in the envelope. Kind of surprised me!

Congrats on the scholarship!! Did you write a why UVA? My application is at UR2 (submitted about two weeks ago) now but there is no interview request yet. Just realized UVA has this huge yp thing... wondering whether it might be a good idea to email them a why UVA over the weekend?!


I didn't write one. They'll ask in your interview though.

Thanks a lot for the info! Didn't do enough research before submitting the app, but I do like UVA a lot so hopefully an extra why essay won't be counterproductive in any way...also hopefully I do get to interview eventually :(
Also if you don't mind sharing—when did you apply and what was the timeline like? (for example for UR1, UR2 and interview, if you were keeping track)

User avatar
dddddd90

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dddddd90 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:09 am

cathy95 wrote:Thanks a lot for the info! Didn't do enough research before submitting the app, but I do like UVA a lot so hopefully an extra why essay won't be counterproductive in any way...also hopefully I do get to interview eventually :(
Also if you don't mind sharing—when did you apply and what was the timeline like? (for example for UR1, UR2 and interview, if you were keeping track)


Submitted 10/21, RD complete soon thereafter, interview offer 11/16, admitted at the end of the interview today (11/18)

dj7

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dj7 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:11 am

cathy95 wrote:
dj7 wrote:Yeah it was just an additional letter in the envelope. Kind of surprised me!

Congrats on the scholarship!! Did you write a why UVA? My application is at UR2 (submitted about two weeks ago) now but there is no interview request yet. Just realized UVA has this huge yp thing... wondering whether it might be a good idea to email them a why UVA over the weekend?!


I didn't write a Why UVA letter. My app went complete 10/17, interviewed around 11/11, status checker changed to admitted a few days later.

User avatar
carlos_danger

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby carlos_danger » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:20 am

.
Last edited by carlos_danger on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 11 guests