*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:We splitters will take over the world.

I say we all make partner and take in only law school grads who had splitter credentials.


Genius plan lol.

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:41 pm

.
Last edited by NotAGolfer on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:49 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Very general question but, how does it appear (high LSAT-low GPA) splitters are faring this cycle?


In early at UVA, still waiting to hear back everywhere else -- 173/3.0ish

Congrats!! Did you write a Why UVA? I didn't, and I'm wondering if that's why I've been stuck at UR2 since 10/12. For reference, my stats are 180/3.29, so I'm a pretty classic splitter too.


If you honestly have a 180, they are probably on the fence on you as a possible YP.

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PDX4343 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:53 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Very general question but, how does it appear (high LSAT-low GPA) splitters are faring this cycle?


In early at UVA, still waiting to hear back everywhere else -- 173/3.0ish

Congrats!! Did you write a Why UVA? I didn't, and I'm wondering if that's why I've been stuck at UR2 since 10/12. For reference, my stats are 180/3.29, so I'm a pretty classic splitter too.


I didn't write a Why UVA. You could be stuck because of yield protect, but I also submitted my app the day it was available, so they could just be moving slower now that more people are submitting applications.

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:24 pm

.
Last edited by NotAGolfer on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:27 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Very general question but, how does it appear (high LSAT-low GPA) splitters are faring this cycle?


In early at UVA, still waiting to hear back everywhere else -- 173/3.0ish

Congrats!! Did you write a Why UVA? I didn't, and I'm wondering if that's why I've been stuck at UR2 since 10/12. For reference, my stats are 180/3.29, so I'm a pretty classic splitter too.


I didn't write a Why UVA. You could be stuck because of yield protect, but I also submitted my app the day it was available, so they could just be moving slower now that more people are submitting applications.

Yeah I was kinda hoping my low GPA might help with YP. Fingers crossed they are just bogged down with apps.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Very general question but, how does it appear (high LSAT-low GPA) splitters are faring this cycle?


In early at UVA, still waiting to hear back everywhere else -- 173/3.0ish

Congrats!! Did you write a Why UVA? I didn't, and I'm wondering if that's why I've been stuck at UR2 since 10/12. For reference, my stats are 180/3.29, so I'm a pretty classic splitter too.


If you honestly have a 180, they are probably on the fence on you as a possible YP.

I do honestly have a 180..and I have been worried about YP.


Well congrats on your amazing score. You'll land somewhere great no matter what!

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:41 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Very general question but, how does it appear (high LSAT-low GPA) splitters are faring this cycle?


In early at UVA, still waiting to hear back everywhere else -- 173/3.0ish

Congrats!! Did you write a Why UVA? I didn't, and I'm wondering if that's why I've been stuck at UR2 since 10/12. For reference, my stats are 180/3.29, so I'm a pretty classic splitter too.


If you honestly have a 180, they are probably on the fence on you as a possible YP.

I do honestly have a 180..and I have been worried about YP.


Well congrats on your amazing score. You'll land somewhere great no matter what!

Thanks! I'm driving myself crazy. I can't wait for it to be December/January.

User avatar
Thelaw23

Silver
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thelaw23 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:17 am

NotAGolfer wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Very general question but, how does it appear (high LSAT-low GPA) splitters are faring this cycle?


In early at UVA, still waiting to hear back everywhere else -- 173/3.0ish

Congrats!! Did you write a Why UVA? I didn't, and I'm wondering if that's why I've been stuck at UR2 since 10/12. For reference, my stats are 180/3.29, so I'm a pretty classic splitter too.


If you honestly have a 180, they are probably on the fence on you as a possible YP.

I do honestly have a 180..and I have been worried about YP.


Well congrats on your amazing score. You'll land somewhere great no matter what!

Thanks! I'm driving myself crazy. I can't wait for it to be December/January.


If you get YP'ed, don't despair. It drove me off the wall when I was WL'ed by Duke as I kept second guessing my whole app.

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:20 am

Just submitted!!!

How long has it been taking y'all to hear back?

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:09 pm

SweetTort wrote:Just submitted!!!

How long has it been taking y'all to hear back?


Applied 9/4, been UR since 9/12. Median-ish stats.

lsa16

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lsa16 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:19 pm

SweetTort wrote:Just submitted!!!

How long has it been taking y'all to hear back?


I heard back crazy fast but it was at the beginning of the month

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:21 pm

lsa16 wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Just submitted!!!

How long has it been taking y'all to hear back?


I heard back crazy fast but it was at the beginning of the month


Stats?

lsa16

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lsa16 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:29 pm

SweetTort wrote:
lsa16 wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Just submitted!!!

How long has it been taking y'all to hear back?


I heard back crazy fast but it was at the beginning of the month


Stats?


75th < LSAT, Median < GPA < 75th

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby govlife » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:Congrats to everybody who got in :)

I'm feeling pretty nervous as it's been two weeks and I'm still under review with no interview.


Welcome to the club.

+2 and super splitter here. Been UR right at a month now, and no interview request...

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:33 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:We splitters will take over the world.

I say we all make partner and take in only law school grads who had splitter credentials.


Genius plan lol.


Late coming back to the thread, but I'm all in favor of the splitter mafia taking control of UVA's north grounds. Let's do it.

Pulling the trigger on an ED app here by tomorrow latest. Fingers crossed.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:32 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:We splitters will take over the world.

I say we all make partner and take in only law school grads who had splitter credentials.


Genius plan lol.


Late coming back to the thread, but I'm all in favor of the splitter mafia taking control of UVA's north grounds. Let's do it.

Pulling the trigger on an ED app here by tomorrow latest. Fingers crossed.

:shock:

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:49 pm

proteinshake wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:We splitters will take over the world.

I say we all make partner and take in only law school grads who had splitter credentials.


Genius plan lol.


Late coming back to the thread, but I'm all in favor of the splitter mafia taking control of UVA's north grounds. Let's do it.

Pulling the trigger on an ED app here by tomorrow latest. Fingers crossed.

:shock:


It's getting real---real quickly. :shock:

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:38 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:We splitters will take over the world.

I say we all make partner and take in only law school grads who had splitter credentials.


Genius plan lol.


Late coming back to the thread, but I'm all in favor of the splitter mafia taking control of UVA's north grounds. Let's do it.

Pulling the trigger on an ED app here by tomorrow latest. Fingers crossed.

:shock:


It's getting real---real quickly. :shock:

I'm debating whether I should do an NU ED. I don't think I will though.

atlantahoo

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby atlantahoo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:27 am

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:We splitters will take over the world.

I say we all make partner and take in only law school grads who had splitter credentials.


Genius plan lol.


Late coming back to the thread, but I'm all in favor of the splitter mafia taking control of UVA's north grounds. Let's do it.

Pulling the trigger on an ED app here by tomorrow latest. Fingers crossed.


Good luck, meerkat!

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:45 am

atlantahoo wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote: Pulling the trigger on an ED app here by tomorrow latest. Fingers crossed.


Good luck, meerkat!


Thanks dude! I've read/re-read my app three times today. In the other tab on my browser sits a fully completed ED app--just can't bring myself to push the damn button. Maybe this PM. :D

User avatar
MAPP

Bronze
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MAPP » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:24 pm

UVA doesn't specify a resume length... did you all stop at one page or are you over?

schoolisfun

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:27 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby schoolisfun » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:27 pm

MAPP wrote:UVA doesn't specify a resume length... did you all stop at one page or are you over?

I did a two page resume. Since everything is electronic I figured an extra page made it easier to read.

User avatar
Why???

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Why??? » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:29 pm

MAPP wrote:UVA doesn't specify a resume length... did you all stop at one page or are you over?

Also did two pages and was accepted- I don't think its a big deal either way to be honest

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:20 pm

MAPP wrote:UVA doesn't specify a resume length... did you all stop at one page or are you over?


MS9 one the one-page resume myth:

==error==/debunk ... sume-myth/



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 12 guests