UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Status check: what's your current relationship status with UVA?

Long-term relationship (Admitted and planning to attend)
18
20%
Friends with benefits (Admitted but still playing the field and trying to decide)
8
9%
Hit it and quit it (Admitted but withdrew app and going somewhere else)
5
6%
Friendzone (Waitlist hell)
34
39%
Shot down (Ding)
3
3%
Ghosted (Submitted but radio silence)
20
23%
 
Total votes: 88

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Yet another waitlist.

njdevils327
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby njdevils327 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Still UR1

What. The. Fuck.

Same. I wonder if we were both reviewed by the same slacker reviewer. lol this is getting ridiculous

User avatar
JoshLyman13
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:09 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JoshLyman13 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:01 pm

njdevils327 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Still UR1

What. The. Fuck.

Same. I wonder if we were both reviewed by the same slacker reviewer. lol this is getting ridiculous


Still UR1 as well. Looks like we're either going to get outright accepted or outright rejected since we missed the big WL wave. I'm a high LSAT/low GPA splitter, what about you guys?

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:04 pm

JoshLyman13 wrote:
njdevils327 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Still UR1

What. The. Fuck.

Same. I wonder if we were both reviewed by the same slacker reviewer. lol this is getting ridiculous


Still UR1 as well. Looks like we're either going to get outright accepted or outright rejected since we missed the big WL wave. I'm a high LSAT/low GPA splitter, what about you guys?


LSAT > 75
50 > GPA > 25

In state, wrote a why UVA. I really thought I was a good fit, but I haven't spoken to anyone so I'm not expecting good news

malysh
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:55 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby malysh » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:06 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
JoshLyman13 wrote:
njdevils327 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Still UR1

What. The. Fuck.

Same. I wonder if we were both reviewed by the same slacker reviewer. lol this is getting ridiculous


Still UR1 as well. Looks like we're either going to get outright accepted or outright rejected since we missed the big WL wave. I'm a high LSAT/low GPA splitter, what about you guys?


LSAT > 75
50 > GPA > 25

In state, wrote a why UVA. I really thought I was a good fit, but I haven't spoken to anyone so I'm not expecting good news

Still ur 1. Lsat/gpa greater than or equal to 50th

User avatar
LSRAT
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LSRAT » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:10 pm

malysh wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
JoshLyman13 wrote:
njdevils327 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Still UR1

What. The. Fuck.

Same. I wonder if we were both reviewed by the same slacker reviewer. lol this is getting ridiculous


Still UR1 as well. Looks like we're either going to get outright accepted or outright rejected since we missed the big WL wave. I'm a high LSAT/low GPA splitter, what about you guys?


LSAT > 75
50 > GPA > 25

In state, wrote a why UVA. I really thought I was a good fit, but I haven't spoken to anyone so I'm not expecting good news

Still ur 1. Lsat/gpa greater than or equal to 50th


UR1 in December w/o change. LSAT and GPA >> 75ths.

The_Gavel
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The_Gavel » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:10 pm

JoshLyman13 wrote:
njdevils327 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Still UR1

What. The. Fuck.

Same. I wonder if we were both reviewed by the same slacker reviewer. lol this is getting ridiculous


Still UR1 as well. Looks like we're either going to get outright accepted or outright rejected since we missed the big WL wave. I'm a high LSAT/low GPA splitter, what about you guys?


Do you folks in UR1 have the same current status date as your file completed date?

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:13 pm

alexp wrote:
JoshLyman13 wrote:
njdevils327 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Still UR1

What. The. Fuck.

Same. I wonder if we were both reviewed by the same slacker reviewer. lol this is getting ridiculous


Still UR1 as well. Looks like we're either going to get outright accepted or outright rejected since we missed the big WL wave. I'm a high LSAT/low GPA splitter, what about you guys?


Do you folks in UR1 have the same current status date as your file completed date?


Yes

theoptimist17
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby theoptimist17 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:15 pm

.
Last edited by theoptimist17 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
meeseeks
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:06 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby meeseeks » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:15 pm

JoshLyman13 wrote:
njdevils327 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Still UR1

What. The. Fuck.

Same. I wonder if we were both reviewed by the same slacker reviewer. lol this is getting ridiculous


Still UR1 as well. Looks like we're either going to get outright accepted or outright rejected since we missed the big WL wave. I'm a high LSAT/low GPA splitter, what about you guys?


Same here. I thought UVA was a school I had a good shot at. Instead I've been ghosted by them and have had better luck at the less splitter friendly schools. This whole cycle has been messed up

The_Gavel
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby The_Gavel » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
alexp wrote:
JoshLyman13 wrote:
njdevils327 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Still UR1

What. The. Fuck.

Same. I wonder if we were both reviewed by the same slacker reviewer. lol this is getting ridiculous


Still UR1 as well. Looks like we're either going to get outright accepted or outright rejected since we missed the big WL wave. I'm a high LSAT/low GPA splitter, what about you guys?


Do you folks in UR1 have the same current status date as your file completed date?


Yes


Thanks, I guess I went UR2 after about two and a half weeks then and haven't heard anything for six weeks now. I thought I remembered a date change but started to wonder if it took a few weeks to go from complete to UR1. Not really sure how to take the huge waitlist blast today, good luck!

User avatar
jjcorvino
Posts: 1441
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Got waitlisted this afternoon so I just withdrew. Good luck y'all!

ZVBXRPL
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ZVBXRPL » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:48 pm

WListed

njdevils327
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby njdevils327 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Finally got a status checker change to UR2 today. How long does it usually take after that?

If i get an interview request (are they still doing interviews this late in the game???) how long should i expect to wait after the UR2 status checker update?

User avatar
HopelessRomantic
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:37 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby HopelessRomantic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:13 pm

How do you know when your profile goes from UR1 to UR2? Does it say something? Sorry to sound dumb but my profile just says "under review"

User avatar
jessmeesh
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:17 pm

HopelessRomantic wrote:How do you know when your profile goes from UR1 to UR2? Does it say something? Sorry to sound dumb but my profile just says "under review"

You have to watch the date changes. The first date it says "under review" you are UR1, second date while saying "under review" is UR2, and so on. No way to tell if you haven't been checking daily.

User avatar
HopelessRomantic
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:37 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby HopelessRomantic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Ahhh so we have to look at the "current status date" and see if the date changes?

Anonymous Ivy Grad
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:19 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anonymous Ivy Grad » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Not sure if there are any admitted students still on this thread, but I'm very interested to hear if anyone has been successful in getting UVA to reconsider and/or increase a scholarship award this year.

I tried to negotiate my scholarship and got a very nice email telling me they won't be able to increase it. It's not clear to me whether that means that UVA isn't negotiating with anyone, or whether they're just choosing not to negotiate with me (either because of the scholarship offer I showed them or because of who they need in next year's class).

User avatar
RParadela
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Anonymous Ivy Grad wrote:Not sure if there are any admitted students still on this thread, but I'm very interested to hear if anyone has been successful in getting UVA to reconsider and/or increase a scholarship award this year.

I tried to negotiate my scholarship and got a very nice email telling me they won't be able to increase it. It's not clear to me whether that means that UVA isn't negotiating with anyone, or whether they're just choosing not to negotiate with me (either because of the scholarship offer I showed them or because of who they need in next year's class).


It seems like they aren't really negotiating much at all this cycle

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 1073
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:14 pm

RParadela wrote:
Anonymous Ivy Grad wrote:Not sure if there are any admitted students still on this thread, but I'm very interested to hear if anyone has been successful in getting UVA to reconsider and/or increase a scholarship award this year.

I tried to negotiate my scholarship and got a very nice email telling me they won't be able to increase it. It's not clear to me whether that means that UVA isn't negotiating with anyone, or whether they're just choosing not to negotiate with me (either because of the scholarship offer I showed them or because of who they need in next year's class).


It seems like they aren't really negotiating much at all this cycle


I had tried to negotiate with what I thought was a reasonable offer from Michigan and got shut down as well. Sounds like they locked in where they want to be.

User avatar
HopelessRomantic
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:37 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby HopelessRomantic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:35 pm

Is there going to be another WL wave today? Or will it be on friday?

User avatar
jessmeesh
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:12 am

Can anyone tell me what the first seat deposit deadline is?

ldlestrange
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ldlestrange » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:14 am

jessmeesh wrote:Can anyone tell me what the first seat deposit deadline is?

4/18 is first seat deposit

User avatar
jessmeesh
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:15 am

ldlestrange wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:Can anyone tell me what the first seat deposit deadline is?

4/18 is first seat deposit



Thanks!

User avatar
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:15 am

Can we get quick poll of who's still ur1 2016?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ermoislsy, randomtlsaccount, ticket and 14 guests