*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Nightwing wrote:UVA's ASD is happening now if I'm not mistaken. Chances for those of us stuck in UR1 for months are pretty grim at this point, aren't they?

We are up the proverbial shit creek, and it appears we failed to bring a paddle

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:59 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:UVA's ASD is happening now if I'm not mistaken. Chances for those of us stuck in UR1 for months are pretty grim at this point, aren't they?

We are up the proverbial shit creek, and it appears we failed to bring a paddle

Ya think UR2 gives you a paddle at least? Or nah?

llm614

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby llm614 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Been over 4mos for me, GPA<<25 LSAT>>75. Just gonna assume WL or rejection for my own peace of mind.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Pozzo wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:UVA's ASD is happening now if I'm not mistaken. Chances for those of us stuck in UR1 for months are pretty grim at this point, aren't they?

We are up the proverbial shit creek, and it appears we failed to bring a paddle

Ya think UR2 gives you a paddle at least? Or nah?

I would say you have one of those very long poles that you push yourself along with, but now the water is getting deep so you have to get your hands wet to push off. And with a shit creek, dat nastyyyyy

4'sup

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 4'sup » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Still haven;t heard back from UVA either. Stats: 3.5X, 176. It's weird because I've gotten into CLS, NYU, Michigan, Berk, NU, and Penn. WL by Duke and now probably UVA. What gives.

sadie2law

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sadie2law » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:57 pm

4'sup wrote:Still haven;t heard back from UVA either. Stats: 3.5X, 176. It's weird because I've gotten into CLS, NYU, Michigan, Berk, NU, and Penn. WL by Duke and now probably UVA. What gives.


Could be YP. Did you send a why UVA?

4'sup

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 4'sup » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:45 am

sadie2law wrote:
4'sup wrote:Still haven;t heard back from UVA either. Stats: 3.5X, 176. It's weird because I've gotten into CLS, NYU, Michigan, Berk, NU, and Penn. WL by Duke and now probably UVA. What gives.


Could be YP. Did you send a why UVA?




No, I didn't. Wish I would have I guess.

saf18hornet

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby saf18hornet » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:59 am

4'sup wrote:
sadie2law wrote:
4'sup wrote:Still haven;t heard back from UVA either. Stats: 3.5X, 176. It's weird because I've gotten into CLS, NYU, Michigan, Berk, NU, and Penn. WL by Duke and now probably UVA. What gives.


Could be YP. Did you send a why UVA?




No, I didn't. Wish I would have I guess.


Do it now. Or even just a LOCI with a hint of why UVA!

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ZVBXRPL » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:53 pm

no news since UR in january. WTH?

User avatar
sfn91

Bronze
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sfn91 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:59 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:no news since UR in january. WTH?


+1

UR on 1/9

User avatar
BoyJord

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BoyJord » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:02 pm

sfn91 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:no news since UR in january. WTH?


+1

UR on 1/9


+1
1/12

4'sup

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 4'sup » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:48 pm

saf18hornet wrote:
4'sup wrote:
sadie2law wrote:
4'sup wrote:Still haven;t heard back from UVA either. Stats: 3.5X, 176. It's weird because I've gotten into CLS, NYU, Michigan, Berk, NU, and Penn. WL by Duke and now probably UVA. What gives.


Could be YP. Did you send a why UVA?




No, I didn't. Wish I would have I guess.


Do it now. Or even just a LOCI with a hint of why UVA!



Thanks to your advice I decided to send a LOCI with a little Why UVA flavor. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the encouragement.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:55 pm

hope UVA loses the this game for taking so long with my app

saf18hornet

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby saf18hornet » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:08 pm

4'sup wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:
4'sup wrote:
sadie2law wrote:
4'sup wrote:Still haven;t heard back from UVA either. Stats: 3.5X, 176. It's weird because I've gotten into CLS, NYU, Michigan, Berk, NU, and Penn. WL by Duke and now probably UVA. What gives.


Could be YP. Did you send a why UVA?




No, I didn't. Wish I would have I guess.


Do it now. Or even just a LOCI with a hint of why UVA!



Thanks to your advice I decided to send a LOCI with a little Why UVA flavor. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the encouragement.


It can't hurt. And depending on their cycle, they could add good money to get your lsat. Best of luck!

mathaddict

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mathaddict » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 pm

proteinshake wrote:hope UVA loses the this game for taking so long with my app


Lol my reasoning exactly.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 pm

mathaddict wrote:
proteinshake wrote:hope UVA loses the this game for taking so long with my app


Lol my reasoning exactly.

they have only UVA Law to blame.

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ZVBXRPL » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:48 am

proteinshake wrote:
mathaddict wrote:
proteinshake wrote:hope UVA loses the this game for taking so long with my app


Lol my reasoning exactly.

they have only UVA Law to blame.

Decisions due april 15th latest as per adcom.

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pleasesendhelp » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:54 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
mathaddict wrote:
proteinshake wrote:hope UVA loses the this game for taking so long with my app


Lol my reasoning exactly.

they have only UVA Law to blame.

Decisions due april 15th latest as per adcom.


How convenient. 8 days after I need to submit my first deposit for one school and 2 days before I have to submit for another. Whatever. I thrive on pressure (no I don't).

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Dinged today via email. Good luck to those still waiting!

User avatar
lula43

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lula43 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:28 pm

intlbr wrote:Dinged today via email. Good luck to those still waiting!


Sorry to hear. Thanks for updating, though. I can start to mentally prepare :?

JustWannaGraduate

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:05 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JustWannaGraduate » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:32 pm

intlbr wrote:Dinged today via email. Good luck to those still waiting!


Did you have a date change from UR1 since you applied until the decision? I applied end of Feb (waiting for Feb score) and no movement at all

intlbr

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby intlbr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:36 pm

JustWannaGraduate wrote:
intlbr wrote:Dinged today via email. Good luck to those still waiting!


Did you have a date change from UR1 since you applied until the decision? I applied end of Feb (waiting for Feb score) and no movement at all


No change - it went from UR1 (March 1) straight to "application denied". But I was >25% LSAT (and no GPA - Intl applicant), so maybe that's why... Hang in there, and good luck!!

Keynes

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keynes » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Long time lurker here...finally went UR2 today after going complete in November!

A_Faus95

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby A_Faus95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm

BoyJord wrote:
sfn91 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:no news since UR in january. WTH?


+1

UR on 1/9


+1
1/12



UR on 1/9, hopefully will hear soon!

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pleasesendhelp » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Waitlisted. Will withdraw. Good luck to the rest of y'all



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DCLAWNW and 20 guests