*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:42 pm

Strangeland wrote:
Cooley at Sticker wrote:Just had my interview. Seemed really hasty and rushed. Is this normal?

Same interviewer, mine was short. She warned me it would be super quick, and it was. (Accepted next day)


Accepted next day too with same interviewer. 12 minute interview :)
Last edited by Keilz on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Factfromfiction

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:25 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Factfromfiction » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Cooley at Sticker wrote:Oh my god my stupid phone keyboard screwed up my response and made me make a typo in my email response. Do I send a follow up acknowledging the mistake?


nbd there was a huge typo in my application which I only found afterwards. No way it's as bad as mine.

WarriorPoet

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WarriorPoet » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Factfromfiction wrote:
Cooley at Sticker wrote:Oh my god my stupid phone keyboard screwed up my response and made me make a typo in my email response. Do I send a follow up acknowledging the mistake?


nbd there was a huge typo in my application which I only found afterwards. No way it's as bad as mine.


Did your resume say "The rapist, 2013-Present"?

musiclover123

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby musiclover123 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:41 pm

blah UR 3 today after interviewing two weeks ago. has this happened to anyone? I sent another letter of rec about a week after my interview cause i didn't feel like it went as well as it could have...

Factfromfiction

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:25 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Factfromfiction » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:32 pm

WarriorPoet wrote:
Factfromfiction wrote:
Cooley at Sticker wrote:Oh my god my stupid phone keyboard screwed up my response and made me make a typo in my email response. Do I send a follow up acknowledging the mistake?


nbd there was a huge typo in my application which I only found afterwards. No way it's as bad as mine.


Did your resume say "The rapist, 2013-Present"?


Nah I am actually a combination analyst and therapist so I just shortened it to "Anal-Rapist, 2013-Present"

Do you think that's a problem?

Cooley at Sticker

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:52 pm

Deleted

Postby Cooley at Sticker » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:59 am

.
Last edited by Cooley at Sticker on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:09 pm

musiclover123 wrote:blah UR 3 today after interviewing two weeks ago. has this happened to anyone? I sent another letter of rec about a week after my interview cause i didn't feel like it went as well as it could have...


Just curious, what do you think went wrong that you feel could've been better?

musiclover123

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby musiclover123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Keilz wrote:
musiclover123 wrote:blah UR 3 today after interviewing two weeks ago. has this happened to anyone? I sent another letter of rec about a week after my interview cause i didn't feel like it went as well as it could have...


Just curious, what do you think went wrong that you feel could've been better?


Nothing went wrong per se...just wasn't my best interview. I was a little nervous and I felt like that was rather apparent

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:07 pm

musiclover123 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
musiclover123 wrote:blah UR 3 today after interviewing two weeks ago. has this happened to anyone? I sent another letter of rec about a week after my interview cause i didn't feel like it went as well as it could have...


Just curious, what do you think went wrong that you feel could've been better?


Nothing went wrong per se...just wasn't my best interview. I was a little nervous and I felt like that was rather apparent


Thanks for replying! I'm always interested in interviews. Good luck and I hope you hear good news soon!

musiclover123

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby musiclover123 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Keilz wrote:
musiclover123 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
musiclover123 wrote:blah UR 3 today after interviewing two weeks ago. has this happened to anyone? I sent another letter of rec about a week after my interview cause i didn't feel like it went as well as it could have...


Just curious, what do you think went wrong that you feel could've been better?


Nothing went wrong per se...just wasn't my best interview. I was a little nervous and I felt like that was rather apparent


Thanks for replying! I'm always interested in interviews. Good luck and I hope you hear good news soon!


No problem, And thanks!! Best of luck to you too!!

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:18 pm

WarriorPoet wrote:
Factfromfiction wrote:
Cooley at Sticker wrote:Oh my god my stupid phone keyboard screwed up my response and made me make a typo in my email response. Do I send a follow up acknowledging the mistake?


nbd there was a huge typo in my application which I only found afterwards. No way it's as bad as mine.


Did your resume say "The rapist, 2013-Present"?


I had a friend (named Rachel) whose phone autocorrected her name as "Racist" in an e-mail she wrote to a professor about a Fullbright scholarship (she was in the process of applying). She was mortified and apologized immediately, but still thought it affected her interview with him later. I thought it was pretty hilarious myself :lol:

Bunbury

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Bunbury » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:13 pm

airwrecka wrote:
WarriorPoet wrote:
Factfromfiction wrote:
Cooley at Sticker wrote:Oh my god my stupid phone keyboard screwed up my response and made me make a typo in my email response. Do I send a follow up acknowledging the mistake?


nbd there was a huge typo in my application which I only found afterwards. No way it's as bad as mine.


Did your resume say "The rapist, 2013-Present"?


I had a friend (named Rachel) whose phone autocorrected her name as "Racist" in an e-mail she wrote to a professor about a Fullbright scholarship (she was in the process of applying). She was mortified and apologized immediately, but still thought it affected her interview with him later. I thought it was pretty hilarious myself :lol:


Oh my god - the WORST! I'll be re-telling this story :)

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:55 am

I thought UVA was known for the quick decisions. I have heard nothing since I applied in early December.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:03 pm

jjcorvino wrote:I thought UVA was known for the quick decisions. I have heard nothing since I applied in early December.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:04 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:I thought UVA was known for the quick decisions. I have heard nothing since I applied in early December.

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:I thought UVA was known for the quick decisions. I have heard nothing since I applied in early December.

sadie2law

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sadie2law » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Sarastro wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:I thought UVA was known for the quick decisions. I have heard nothing since I applied in early December.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:32 pm

sadie2law wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:I thought UVA was known for the quick decisions. I have heard nothing since I applied in early December.

Bunbury

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Bunbury » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:35 pm

Just missed a phone call from a va number. Called back and it was for a telemarketing company :|

User avatar
skurfy

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby skurfy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:06 pm

chargers21 wrote:
sadie2law wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:I thought UVA was known for the quick decisions. I have heard nothing since I applied in early December.

User avatar
EWofNell

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby EWofNell » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:29 pm

skurfy wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
sadie2law wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:I thought UVA was known for the quick decisions. I have heard nothing since I applied in early December.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:14 pm

For real though, UVA is being confusing AF.

NYU I get, at this point I have accepted that I have been ghosted because I am preordained to the WL wave that will drop in April, but what the hell is UVA waiting for???

There have been acceptances, dings, and waitlists for months, why have I not moved since my 12/16 UR 1 date?

albanach

Silver
Posts: 1414
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby albanach » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:For real though, UVA is being confusing AF.

NYU I get, at this point I have accepted that I have been ghosted because I am preordained to the WL wave that will drop in April, but what the hell is UVA waiting for???

There have been acceptances, dings, and waitlists for months, why have I not moved since my 12/16 UR 1 date?


Anything beyond your numbers that make you interesting in a way that would be seen as adding value to the class? If not, you might be in the unfortunate position that there's enough similar candidates to you, and they don't think you'd come without money. And that pot of money isn't endless, so you get YP.

If there are things that would add to the class, were they clearly documented in your application?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:18 pm

albanach wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:For real though, UVA is being confusing AF.

NYU I get, at this point I have accepted that I have been ghosted because I am preordained to the WL wave that will drop in April, but what the hell is UVA waiting for???

There have been acceptances, dings, and waitlists for months, why have I not moved since my 12/16 UR 1 date?


Anything beyond your numbers that make you interesting in a way that would be seen as adding value to the class? If not, you might be in the unfortunate position that there's enough similar candidates to you, and they don't think you'd come without money. And that pot of money isn't endless, so you get YP.

If there are things that would add to the class, were they clearly documented in your application?


I can accept a yp response, I wrote a why x but didn't exactly gush, I have work experience but nothing substantial. I get that I don't stand out, I'm just confused why I haven't heard back. I'm assuming people got a yp WL already

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:19 pm

They simply haven't made a decision yet about you. They need to review everyone else as well and then make decisions amongst the remaining pool.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lchi and 7 guests