*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Helioze

Bronze
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:10 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Helioze » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:40 am

I guess i'd better check in here.

Got a fee waiver from a really nice and genuine dude at a law school fair so I'll def be applying.

Gotta worry about that YP tho

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20170322 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:49 am

Helioze wrote:I guess i'd better check in here.

Got a fee waiver from a really nice and genuine dude at a law school fair so I'll def be applying.

Gotta worry about that YP tho



I'm worried about getting the fee waiver. Have to get my September LSAT, get the fee waiver immediately, apply immediately.

Tycho

Bronze
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:30 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tycho » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:49 pm

SweetTort wrote:I'm worried about getting the fee waiver. Have to get my September LSAT, get the fee waiver immediately, apply immediately.


Hi there, 15-16 applicant here. Timing should be no biggie; I took the Oct '15 LSAT, got my score and e-mailed UVA admissions shortly after requesting a fee waiver. They gave me one within 24 hours and I applied that day. Got in about 2.5 weeks later. Get everything in before Thanksgiving, and you should be fine.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:19 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on when is too early to request a Fee Waiver from UVA? I want to secure one early so I can get that day 1 bump

texasforever54

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby texasforever54 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:12 pm

TexasENG wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on when is too early to request a Fee Waiver from UVA? I want to secure one early so I can get that day 1 bump


checking in/i'm curious about this, too. i think i've seen people suggest in the past to do so a few days before applications open

User avatar
FayRays

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby FayRays » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:28 pm

I am not trying to sound stupid, but I am kinda new here. If I take the LSAT on September 2017 and apply right away and supposedly got accepted. Would that Mean I would be class 2018, 2019 or 2020?
Please don't tell me it is 2020
:|

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TAD » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:53 pm

FayRays wrote:I am not trying to sound stupid, but I am kinda new here. If I take the LSAT on September 2017 and apply right away and supposedly got accepted. Would that Mean I would be class 2018, 2019 or 2020?
Please don't tell me it is 2020
:|


Wouldn't it be 2021? That means you'd start ls 2017-2018 to 2020-2021.

User avatar
FayRays

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby FayRays » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:17 am

TAD wrote:
FayRays wrote:I am not trying to sound stupid, but I am kinda new here. If I take the LSAT on September 2017 and apply right away and supposedly got accepted. Would that Mean I would be class 2018, 2019 or 2020?
Please don't tell me it is 2020
:|


Wouldn't it be 2021? That means you'd start ls 2017-2018 to 2020-2021.


Oh, now I get it.
Thank you. I thought you start at 2020 :mrgreen:

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:53 pm

zeglo wrote:So I have a 168 and a high GPA; is that graph you linked just a small sample? Looks bad for anyone below a 169.

Also, checking in. This might be my first choice school (of course, not EDing though).


Hey dude...sorry it's taken me a few days to get back with you. That picture is from the 2015-2016 cycle only. For a lot more data, I'd recommend checking out mylsn.info. They have a ton of data points from the last decade so you can start to see what their admissions trends are. But, as others have said, being above both 50ths would put you in a very competitive place.

User avatar
Nothing but the Funk

Bronze
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Nothing but the Funk » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:15 pm

Checking in for app cycle number 2 haha

User avatar
Helioze

Bronze
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:10 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Helioze » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:17 am

I propose we refer to the Dillard as the Dildog

All those in favor do something crazy

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:20 am

Nothing but the Funk wrote:Checking in for app cycle number 2 haha


Me too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:06 pm

waddup fam. anyone know any good sources that should help with crafting the Why UVA?

User avatar
boatymcboatface09

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby boatymcboatface09 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:41 pm

It's a long shot - absurd pipe dream for me, but maybe. I'd LOVE to go if I got in.

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RamTitan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:50 pm

proteinshake wrote:waddup fam. anyone know any good sources that should help with crafting the Why UVA?

Is that a required essay?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:51 pm

RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:waddup fam. anyone know any good sources that should help with crafting the Why UVA?

Is that a required essay?

it's not required, but don't expect to get in if you don't do it. I believe everyone, or close to everyone, who gets accepted writes one.

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RamTitan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:54 pm

proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:waddup fam. anyone know any good sources that should help with crafting the Why UVA?

Is that a required essay?

it's not required, but don't expect to get in if you don't do it. I believe everyone, or close to everyone, who gets accepted writes one.

What if the person has a 4.0 and a 180 (theoretical person, definitely not me)?

Is it typically advised to write a "why x" essay if a school asks for it?

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RamTitan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:00 pm

RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:waddup fam. anyone know any good sources that should help with crafting the Why UVA?

Is that a required essay?

it's not required, but don't expect to get in if you don't do it. I believe everyone, or close to everyone, who gets accepted writes one.

What if the person has a 4.0 and a 180 (theoretical person, definitely not me)?

Is it typically advised to write a "why x" essay if a school asks for it?

Eh, the more I'm reading on this topic, the more I'm calling BS on proteinshake

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:05 pm

RamTitan wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:waddup fam. anyone know any good sources that should help with crafting the Why UVA?

Is that a required essay?

it's not required, but don't expect to get in if you don't do it. I believe everyone, or close to everyone, who gets accepted writes one.

What if the person has a 4.0 and a 180 (theoretical person, definitely not me)?

Is it typically advised to write a "why x" essay if a school asks for it?

Eh, the more I'm reading on this topic, the more I'm calling BS on proteinshake

can you give my a link on why it's BS? I don't think it's as bad as Penn but if you have a 4.0/180, I believe you'll just get WL.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:08 pm

RamTitan wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:waddup fam. anyone know any good sources that should help with crafting the Why UVA?

Is that a required essay?

it's not required, but don't expect to get in if you don't do it. I believe everyone, or close to everyone, who gets accepted writes one.

What if the person has a 4.0 and a 180 (theoretical person, definitely not me)?

Is it typically advised to write a "why x" essay if a school asks for it?

Eh, the more I'm reading on this topic, the more I'm calling BS on proteinshake

"you won't get in if you don't write one" is definitely exaggeration btw. it's just very highly recommended you do it.

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RamTitan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:17 pm

proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:waddup fam. anyone know any good sources that should help with crafting the Why UVA?

Is that a required essay?

it's not required, but don't expect to get in if you don't do it. I believe everyone, or close to everyone, who gets accepted writes one.

What if the person has a 4.0 and a 180 (theoretical person, definitely not me)?

Is it typically advised to write a "why x" essay if a school asks for it?

Eh, the more I'm reading on this topic, the more I'm calling BS on proteinshake

can you give my a link on why it's BS? I don't think it's as bad as Penn but if you have a 4.0/180, I believe you'll just get WL.

Eh, I think I might retract my statement. First I was reading that "why x" should be written for those on the border of getting in/people who are good writers who will add value to their application; if you think it would be the weakest portion of your application, leave it off. Then I started reading that schools in the t14 will cut you for yield if you're above the medians unless you write a "why x" essay, so idk anymore

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:19 pm

RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:waddup fam. anyone know any good sources that should help with crafting the Why UVA?

Is that a required essay?

it's not required, but don't expect to get in if you don't do it. I believe everyone, or close to everyone, who gets accepted writes one.

What if the person has a 4.0 and a 180 (theoretical person, definitely not me)?

Is it typically advised to write a "why x" essay if a school asks for it?

Eh, the more I'm reading on this topic, the more I'm calling BS on proteinshake

can you give my a link on why it's BS? I don't think it's as bad as Penn but if you have a 4.0/180, I believe you'll just get WL.

Eh, I think I might retract my statement. First I was reading that "why x" should be written for those on the border of getting in/people who are good writers who will add value to their application; if you think it would be the weakest portion of your application, leave it off. Then I started reading that schools in the t14 will cut you for yield if you're above the medians unless you write a "why x" essay, so idk anymore

I mean everyone on TLS will tell you to write it. if you don't you'll negatively stand out imo.

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RamTitan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:23 pm

I initially read on TLS that it doesn't matter, that numbers rule all, etc. But I'm going to err on caution and write one lmao

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:16 am

RamTitan wrote:I initially read on TLS that it doesn't matter, that numbers rule all, etc. But I'm going to err on caution and write one lmao


Anecdotal: I didn't write any in 2014 because I had 3.75 173 and I thought "numbers rule all". I got WL basically every where in T14. There were probably many issues with my packet, but I'm sure zero supplemental essays didn't help.

I will be writing many Why X's this cycle

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RamTitan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
RamTitan wrote:I initially read on TLS that it doesn't matter, that numbers rule all, etc. But I'm going to err on caution and write one lmao


Anecdotal: I didn't write any in 2014 because I had 3.75 173 and I thought "numbers rule all". I got WL basically every where in T14. There were probably many issues with my packet, but I'm sure zero supplemental essays didn't help.

I will be writing many Why X's this cycle

Well looks like I will be as well then haha



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], sneakysnake and 7 guests