*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
notnecessarilyproper

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:25 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notnecessarilyproper » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 pm

As a sample size of n=1, I received an interview invite the day after I went UR2; however, there seems to be a lot of variability.

User avatar
amberb94

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amberb94 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:49 pm

notnecessarilyproper wrote:As a sample size of n=1, I received an interview invite the day after I went UR2; however, there seems to be a lot of variability.


I was wondering about this. Thanks for sharing!

yuppitsme

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby yuppitsme » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:07 am

aaron1621 wrote:UR2 Yesterday. UR1 10/31. Is UR2 a good sign? No Interview yet.


Same except UR1 10/28

yuppitsme

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby yuppitsme » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:18 pm

IN via email!! Extremely excited!!!!
Did not actually interview. Was invited to a law panel in October with UVA, NYU, and Stamford which they counted as my interview.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:24 pm

yuppitsme wrote:IN via email!! Extremely excited!!!!
Did not actually interview. Was invited to a law panel in October with UVA, NYU, and Stamford which they counted as my interview.

whaaat! congrats! stats?

yuppitsme

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby yuppitsme » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:26 pm

proteinshake wrote:
yuppitsme wrote:IN via email!! Extremely excited!!!!
Did not actually interview. Was invited to a law panel in October with UVA, NYU, and Stamford which they counted as my interview.

whaaat! congrats! stats?


Thanks! 25<GPA<50 LSAT=50

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:29 pm

yuppitsme wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
yuppitsme wrote:IN via email!! Extremely excited!!!!
Did not actually interview. Was invited to a law panel in October with UVA, NYU, and Stamford which they counted as my interview.

whaaat! congrats! stats?


Thanks! 25<GPA<50 LSAT=50

same stats! are you URM? nice to see some median love.

yuppitsme

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby yuppitsme » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:38 pm

proteinshake wrote:
yuppitsme wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
yuppitsme wrote:IN via email!! Extremely excited!!!!
Did not actually interview. Was invited to a law panel in October with UVA, NYU, and Stamford which they counted as my interview.

whaaat! congrats! stats?


Thanks! 25<GPA<50 LSAT=50

same stats! are you URM? nice to see some median love.


Not URM, three years out of UG w/ a Master's Degree though fwiw

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:25 pm

UR2 yesterday as well, hoping for some news!

yuppitsme

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby yuppitsme » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:29 pm

yuppitsme wrote:IN via email!! Extremely excited!!!!
Did not actually interview. Was invited to a law panel in October with UVA, NYU, and Stamford which they counted as my interview.


Just remember UVA was not at this, the third school was Duke not UVA. They must have been referring to meeting them at the LSAC forum? I am confused, happy still, but confused.

BrittanyJeream

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BrittanyJeream » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:38 pm

My interview was this morning, and up until at least an hour ago, my status checker was UR1 11/15. It just updated to UR2 12/8. Is that a bad sign that it didn't go straight to "decision"?

I'm nervous; it felt like the interview went well :(

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:39 pm

BrittanyJeream wrote:My interview was this morning, and up until at least an hour ago, my status checker was UR1 11/15. It just updated to UR2 12/8. Is that a bad sign that it didn't go straight to "decision"?

I'm nervous; it felt like the interview went well :(


No don't worry about it at all. Mine didn't change until a few days after I was accepted. I think it just depends on when they get around to it.

BrittanyJeream

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BrittanyJeream » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
BrittanyJeream wrote:My interview was this morning, and up until at least an hour ago, my status checker was UR1 11/15. It just updated to UR2 12/8. Is that a bad sign that it didn't go straight to "decision"?

I'm nervous; it felt like the interview went well :(


No don't worry about it at all. Mine didn't change until a few days after I was accepted. I think it just depends on when they get around to it.


Even though the date has definitely updated since the interview? (from 11/15 to 12/8)

lsa16

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lsa16 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:47 pm

yuppitsme wrote:
yuppitsme wrote:IN via email!! Extremely excited!!!!
Did not actually interview. Was invited to a law panel in October with UVA, NYU, and Stamford which they counted as my interview.


Just remember UVA was not at this, the third school was Duke not UVA. They must have been referring to meeting them at the LSAC forum? I am confused, happy still, but confused.


Pretty sure talking to them at an LSAC forum counted as my interview so this could be

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
BrittanyJeream wrote:My interview was this morning, and up until at least an hour ago, my status checker was UR1 11/15. It just updated to UR2 12/8. Is that a bad sign that it didn't go straight to "decision"?

I'm nervous; it felt like the interview went well :(


No don't worry about it at all. Mine didn't change until a few days after I was accepted. I think it just depends on when they get around to it.


Who did you interview with? I think most interviewers besides Dean Faulk need to convene with the admissions staff before they officially render a decision which can take a few days. I was admitted during my interview with Dean Faulk and don't remember specifically but remember weird stuff still going on with my status checker not saying decision rendered for a few days (honestly don't remember if the date updated or not). So I really think you shouldn't read too much into it.

BrittanyJeream

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BrittanyJeream » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
BrittanyJeream wrote:My interview was this morning, and up until at least an hour ago, my status checker was UR1 11/15. It just updated to UR2 12/8. Is that a bad sign that it didn't go straight to "decision"?

I'm nervous; it felt like the interview went well :(


No don't worry about it at all. Mine didn't change until a few days after I was accepted. I think it just depends on when they get around to it.


Who did you interview with? I think most interviewers besides Dean Faulk need to convene with the admissions staff before they officially render a decision which can take a few days. I was admitted during my interview with Dean Faulk and don't remember specifically but remember weird stuff still going on with my status checker not saying decision rendered for a few days (honestly don't remember if the date updated or not). So I really think you shouldn't read too much into it.


My interview wasn't with Faulk; it was with Grace Cleveland. It felt like it went pretty well - pretty short - maybe 20 minutes.

badgalriri9

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:59 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby badgalriri9 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:22 pm

-
Last edited by badgalriri9 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leqtpie

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby leqtpie » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Never thought I'd post on here, but just got in this morning during my interview with Deank Faulk! Stats: lsat=median, gpa < 25%
Dean Faulk is so, so nice, definitely don't be nervous if you interview with him.

notsolawful

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notsolawful » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:11 pm

leqtpie wrote:Never thought I'd post on here, but just got in this morning during my interview with Deank Faulk! Stats: lsat=median, gpa < 25%
Dean Faulk is so, so nice, definitely don't be nervous if you interview with him.


Congrats big dog!

lawnerd87

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawnerd87 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:11 pm

.
Last edited by lawnerd87 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:54 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dianersg

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:09 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dianersg » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:01 pm

lawnerd87 wrote:My application went complete around November 8, and my status is still showing "under review," which I assume means UR1. Trying not to read into it. LSAT= 75, GPA> 25


In a similar situation. LSAT=75, GPA> 75, complete Nov. 8, and UR1. Just a theory, but I think it is possible that some might be a bit behind others in review based on who reads our application first. When I visited UVA, they said they do it by the letter of your last name and most of the people who have interviewed lately that have posted on here did not interview with the person they said would review my app.

lawnerd87

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawnerd87 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:18 pm

.
Last edited by lawnerd87 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:42 am

lawnerd87 wrote:
dianersg wrote:
lawnerd87 wrote:My application went complete around November 8, and my status is still showing "under review," which I assume means UR1. Trying not to read into it. LSAT= 75, GPA> 25


In a similar situation. LSAT=75, GPA> 75, complete Nov. 8, and UR1. Just a theory, but I think it is possible that some might be a bit behind others in review based on who reads our application first. When I visited UVA, they said they do it by the letter of your last name and most of the people who have interviewed lately that have posted on here did not interview with the person they said would review my app.


Thanks for your insight. I didn't know those details about which person does the interview. Hopefully we'll both hear something soon!


Thanks for this info as well! I'll try not to stress out now lol :lol:

thg1870

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby thg1870 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:49 am

Does anyone know when scholarship information comes out? Admitted 11/13, received packet 11/20 with no mention of $$$. I'm at median LSAT and GPA.

I'm seeing that some are posting they have heard about scholarships in their admission's packets. If we haven't heard yet, is all hope lost, or do they notify in the spring, also? Thanks!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests