*** TLS is now owned by an objective lemon. Post nuked. ***

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawschool2017712 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:37 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:32 pm

lawschool2017712 wrote:Anyone who went UR mid Nov get interview request?

Complete/UR 11/15, nothing yet.


Nope, complete 11/14, UR1 11/18 and nothing yet either. Does anyone know if everyone gets an invite to interview?

myronbolitar

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby myronbolitar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:54 pm

Christinabruin wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Anyone who went UR mid Nov get interview request?

Complete/UR 11/15, nothing yet.


Nope, complete 11/14, UR1 11/18 and nothing yet either. Does anyone know if everyone gets an invite to interview?


UR 11/8, nothing here.

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby govlife » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:03 pm

Christinabruin wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Anyone who went UR mid Nov get interview request?

Complete/UR 11/15, nothing yet.


Nope, complete 11/14, UR1 11/18 and nothing yet either. Does anyone know if everyone gets an invite to interview?

They interview everyone they admit. So, you can go straight to waitlits or ding without an interview. But an interview doesn't guarantee acceptance.

User avatar
notsolawful

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notsolawful » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:35 pm

govlife wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Anyone who went UR mid Nov get interview request?

Complete/UR 11/15, nothing yet.


Nope, complete 11/14, UR1 11/18 and nothing yet either. Does anyone know if everyone gets an invite to interview?

They interview everyone they admit. So, you can go straight to waitlits or ding without an interview. But an interview doesn't guarantee acceptance.


For whatever reason they are slow with activity the last three weeks. I had my interview three weeks ago and still waiting on a decision. So it's not only people waiting for the interview request. Happy to be still in consideration but would still like to know soon.

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PrezRand » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:10 am

laqueredup wrote:Accepted 12/2!!!!!
Complete/ UR 11/04
Interview 11/22


Thought I would be getting an email or call or something but just saw it on the status checker today with a message that the acceptance info was in the mail!!

LSAT>75
GPA<<<25
Relatively unique WE and softs which I think helped

Good luck to those still waiting, my interview was pretty laid back, the skype thing felt a bit awkward for me but I guess I didn't blow it too bad.

Congrats!

JordanLaw15

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:03 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JordanLaw15 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:15 am

I applied mid-September but still have not received an interview request. My numbers are slightly above 25th percentile for GPA and slightly above median for LSAT. Do I still have a chance? Haven't been denied or WL so I'm not sure what to think.

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:38 am

notsolawful wrote:
govlife wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Anyone who went UR mid Nov get interview request?

Complete/UR 11/15, nothing yet.


Nope, complete 11/14, UR1 11/18 and nothing yet either. Does anyone know if everyone gets an invite to interview?

They interview everyone they admit. So, you can go straight to waitlits or ding without an interview. But an interview doesn't guarantee acceptance.


For whatever reason they are slow with activity the last three weeks. I had my interview three weeks ago and still waiting on a decision. So it's not only people waiting for the interview request. Happy to be still in consideration but would still like to know soon.


Thanks for all the info everyone!! I'll just be patient with them and (hopefully) look forward to an interview lol

yuppitsme

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby yuppitsme » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:00 am

JordanLaw15 wrote:I applied mid-September but still have not received an interview request. My numbers are slightly above 25th percentile for GPA and slightly above median for LSAT. Do I still have a chance? Haven't been denied or WL so I'm not sure what to think.


+1

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:13 pm

Accepted today via an email from Chis Colby! He e-mailed me yesterday after our interview to answer a follow-up question, I replied this morning, and then he replied again to tell me I had already been admitted! WOOHOO! Also said I'd get a trivel stipend to come visit :D (which is good, because I live in Minnesota and don't have much money to travel)

lawcapture

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawcapture » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:14 pm

airwrecka wrote:Accepted today via an email from Chis Colby! He e-mailed me yesterday after our interview to answer a follow-up question, I replied this morning, and then he replied again to tell me I had already been admitted! WOOHOO! Also said I'd get a trivel stipend to come visit :D (which is good, because I live in Minnesota and don't have much money to travel)


congrats - been a long time coming!!

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Sorry, but how do you know if you've gone from UR1 to UR2?

I forgot the original date in which my app went UR1, so I'm not able to tell from looking at my status checker atm.

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby joeytribbiani » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:51 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:Sorry, but how do you know if you've gone from UR1 to UR2?

I forgot the original date in which my app went UR1, so I'm not able to tell from looking at my status checker atm.


Pretty sure you just have to know that the date changed, it doesn't actually say "Under Review part 2"

So, be more neurotic with your status checking and date tracking and you'll know.

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hammy393 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:11 pm

applied 11/12 -- UR 11/14

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:31 pm

airwrecka wrote:Accepted today via an email from Chis Colby! He e-mailed me yesterday after our interview to answer a follow-up question, I replied this morning, and then he replied again to tell me I had already been admitted! WOOHOO! Also said I'd get a trivel stipend to come visit :D (which is good, because I live in Minnesota and don't have much money to travel)


Congrats dude! Great news--excited for you!! :D

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:45 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:Sorry, but how do you know if you've gone from UR1 to UR2?

I forgot the original date in which my app went UR1, so I'm not able to tell from looking at my status checker atm.


You just have to keep track of the dates.

I have a "note" on my MacBook where I track dates I go UR. I use my myLSN profile to keep track of completion.

User avatar
calpolisci2016

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calpolisci2016 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:48 pm

brinicolec wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:Sorry, but how do you know if you've gone from UR1 to UR2?

I forgot the original date in which my app went UR1, so I'm not able to tell from looking at my status checker atm.


You just have to keep track of the dates.

I have a "note" on my MacBook where I track dates I go UR. I use my myLSN profile to keep track of completion.


Hm, well I messed up.

User avatar
Purple Post It Note

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Purple Post It Note » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:15 pm

.
Last edited by Purple Post It Note on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

VA2lawschool

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VA2lawschool » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Purple Post It Note wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Anyone who went UR mid Nov get interview request?

Complete/UR 11/15, nothing yet.


Nope, complete 11/14, UR1 11/18 and nothing yet either. Does anyone know if everyone gets an invite to interview?


I went UR1 late October, radio silence on my end.

They interview everyone they accept.


This is actually not necessarily true. I know of a couple of people this cycle that didn't interview and were accepted.

User avatar
notsolawful

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notsolawful » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:44 pm

VA2lawschool wrote:
Purple Post It Note wrote:
Christinabruin wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:Anyone who went UR mid Nov get interview request?

Complete/UR 11/15, nothing yet.


Nope, complete 11/14, UR1 11/18 and nothing yet either. Does anyone know if everyone gets an invite to interview?


I went UR1 late October, radio silence on my end.

They interview everyone they accept.


This is actually not necessarily true. I know of a couple of people this cycle that didn't interview and were accepted.


Were those people Virginia residents?

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Christinabruin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:49 am

calpolisci2016 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:Sorry, but how do you know if you've gone from UR1 to UR2?

I forgot the original date in which my app went UR1, so I'm not able to tell from looking at my status checker atm.


You just have to keep track of the dates.

I have a "note" on my MacBook where I track dates I go UR. I use my myLSN profile to keep track of completion.


Hm, well I messed up.


Yeah :cry: I started keeping track of my status changes when I realized it won't say UR2 for you. I just use the "additional info & updates" part of LSN to write down my status changes.

As for UVA, it seems like a lot of people in this thread have been going UR1 within 1-4 days of completing their app, so if your status date changed a while after that point, you could probably assume it's UR2?

BrittanyJeream

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:42 am

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BrittanyJeream » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

UR 11/14; Interview Invite today via email

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 pm

finally UR today!

User avatar
amberb94

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amberb94 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:43 pm

proteinshake wrote:finally UR today!


Same here!

aaron1621

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby aaron1621 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:34 pm

UR2 Yesterday. UR1 10/31. Is UR2 a good sign? No Interview yet.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alhookem2020 and 12 guests