Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your Status?

Still Waiting on a Decision
41
28%
Dinged :(
8
5%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
3
2%
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
53
36%
Admitted - Withdrew
17
12%
Admitted - Attending!
25
17%
 
Total votes: 147

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2318
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:20 pm

j2sh wrote:
Daydreamer15 wrote:
CR7 wrote:
Keilz wrote:UR 3 for me 1/17/17- no interview request though.


Same, any idea if it's possible to get an interview request after UR3?


+1!!!

Same here, is this a definite ding or potential waitlist?


It can be waitlist

jonsie

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:00 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jonsie » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Keilz wrote:
j2sh wrote:
Daydreamer15 wrote:
CR7 wrote:
Keilz wrote:UR 3 for me 1/17/17- no interview request though.


Same, any idea if it's possible to get an interview request after UR3?


+1!!!

Same here, is this a definite ding or potential waitlist?


It can be waitlist


Can you get admittance w/o interview request?

VA2lawschool

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VA2lawschool » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:28 pm

jonsie wrote:
Keilz wrote:
j2sh wrote:
Daydreamer15 wrote:
CR7 wrote:
Keilz wrote:UR 3 for me 1/17/17- no interview request though.


Same, any idea if it's possible to get an interview request after UR3?


+1!!!

Same here, is this a definite ding or potential waitlist?


It can be waitlist


Can you get admittance w/o interview request?


I believe the answer is no, but someone feel free to correct me.

Daydreamer15

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Daydreamer15 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:39 pm

VA2lawschool wrote:
jonsie wrote:
Keilz wrote:
j2sh wrote:
Daydreamer15 wrote:
CR7 wrote:
Keilz wrote:UR 3 for me 1/17/17- no interview request though.


Same, any idea if it's possible to get an interview request after UR3?


+1!!!

Same here, is this a definite ding or potential waitlist?


It can be waitlist


Can you get admittance w/o interview request?


I believe the answer is no, but someone feel free to correct me.[/]

Wait and wait and wait and wait :(

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Last year the first group to go UR4 got a decision the next day lmao I'm SO excited for y'all and for the madness that this thread will host tomorrow

Javalin0650

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Javalin0650 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:49 pm

I've also received an interview request today, went UR1 on December 3.

Regarding tech for the interview, would using headphones with a mic be an okay option? Not sure if admissions would see that as unprofessional, but my computer mic isn't nearly as good as the headset mic.

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Javalin0650 wrote:I've also received an interview request today, went UR1 on December 3.

Regarding tech for the interview, would using headphones with a mic be an okay option? Not sure if admissions would see that as unprofessional, but my computer mic isn't nearly as good as the headset mic.


my interviewer did that, so i'd imagine you're gucci doing that yourself

also i think somewhere in their interview faq's they say thats fine but i dont remember exactly where and im on the clock at work so i shouldnt go hunting for it

Kaziende

Bronze
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kaziende » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Hoppin on that UR4 train! Gah finally, so excited hope this means good news this week

Gl everybody!

pkalltheway

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pkalltheway » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:08 pm

UR4 but I didn't think my interview went well :?

Dovaking

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dovaking » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Invited to interview today after UR2 a ways back.

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hammy393 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Invited to interview (11AM ET)

submitted 11/12

LenaFarrer

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:35 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LenaFarrer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Date change! But I haven't kept track so I'm completely unsure whether it's UR3 or UR4! Cross my fingers!

Kangaroo_Court

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:37 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kangaroo_Court » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:02 pm

.
Last edited by Kangaroo_Court on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
theothercat

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby theothercat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:04 pm

UR3 today!

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby taxman14 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:31 pm

UR4 as well! Decisions soon hopefully?

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:36 pm

taxman14 wrote:UR4 as well! Decisions soon hopefully?


Should be in the next couple days!

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Does Chicago post on their twitter when decisions are out like a couple other schools do?

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:22 pm

I'm so nervous about my interview tomorrow :shock: The consensus seems to be that UChicago's interview is the toughest right?

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:25 pm

addie1412 wrote:I'm so nervous about my interview tomorrow :shock: The consensus seems to be that UChicago's interview is the toughest right?


Not necessarily. Some ppl had a tough Chicago interview, but many had pleasant interviews (including myself). As long as you come into the interview prepared and know that it may not be as warm as other interviews (although mine was), you will do great. Additionally, looking into the camera on my laptop helped ease the anxiety of eye contact usually neeeded for a good interview, so maybe that will do the same for you. Best of luck, and do not worry!

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:28 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
addie1412 wrote:I'm so nervous about my interview tomorrow :shock: The consensus seems to be that UChicago's interview is the toughest right?


Not necessarily. Some ppl had a tough Chicago interview, but many had pleasant interviews (including myself). As long as you come into the interview prepared and know that it may not be as warm as other interviews (although mine was), you will do great. Additionally, looking into the camera on my laptop helped ease the anxiety of eye contact usually neeeded for a good interview, so maybe that will do the same for you. Best of luck, and do not worry!


Thank you! I'll try to keep the worrying to a minimum. Good luck these next few days as first decisions are made!

User avatar
Kinch08

Bronze
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kinch08 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:27 pm

.
Last edited by Kinch08 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lsa16

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lsa16 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:31 pm

addie1412 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
addie1412 wrote:I'm so nervous about my interview tomorrow :shock: The consensus seems to be that UChicago's interview is the toughest right?


Not necessarily. Some ppl had a tough Chicago interview, but many had pleasant interviews (including myself). As long as you come into the interview prepared and know that it may not be as warm as other interviews (although mine was), you will do great. Additionally, looking into the camera on my laptop helped ease the anxiety of eye contact usually neeeded for a good interview, so maybe that will do the same for you. Best of luck, and do not worry!


Thank you! I'll try to keep the worrying to a minimum. Good luck these next few days as first decisions are made!


My interview with Chicago honestly made me feel so much better after Harvard's did not feel great, I thought it was way more enjoyable than that one or obviously than Cornell's automated one, which were the only others I'd had beforehand. Best of luck :)

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1296
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:58 pm

jjcorvino wrote:No interview request :(


You and me still out here holdin it down bud

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:13 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:No interview request :(


You and me still out here holdin it down bud


same.

illini2016

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby illini2016 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:00 am

Kinch08 wrote:Last LOR came in last night, just submitted my application (I'm hella late, I know). Exciting shit. Good luck to you all.

Also, the question posed at the top of this thread is wrong, as are the answer choices provided for it. The best part of Hyde Park is The Harold's on 53rd.


I cannot fully express how hard I second the Harold's on 53rd.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot] and 10 guests