Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your Status?

Still Waiting on a Decision
41
28%
Dinged :(
8
5%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
3
2%
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
53
36%
Admitted - Withdrew
17
12%
Admitted - Attending!
25
17%
 
Total votes: 147

User avatar
carlos_danger

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby carlos_danger » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Aquinas wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:Invited for Interview as of today :shock:


Hmm, just looked at my status checker, and I also am listed as "Invited For Interview." However, I haven't gotten any emails from U of C about an interview invite....is anyone else in the same boat?


My invitation went straight to the "Promotions" folder of my gmail for some reason. If you're using gmail, check all places spam might go.

Maybe they're just late with the email today, though.

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:32 pm

Update: just got the interview email

illini2016

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby illini2016 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Invited.

And so ends weeks of tweaking, soon to be followed by months of tweaking.

User avatar
notorious_mig

Bronze
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notorious_mig » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Am I a dumb idiot or is the "Appointment-Plus" link not working? Like it sends me to a promotional page and offers a "free demo" but contrary to popular belief I am not an adcom so I'm not tryna buy their services???????

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:59 pm

notorious_mig wrote:Am I a dumb idiot or is the "Appointment-Plus" link not working? Like it sends me to a promotional page and offers a "free demo" but contrary to popular belief I am not an adcom so I'm not tryna buy their services???????


Same thing happened to me, then 10 mins later I got a different interview invite with a different link that worked

User avatar
xn3345

New
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xn3345 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:04 pm

invited!!!!!!

User avatar
notorious_mig

Bronze
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notorious_mig » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:09 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Am I a dumb idiot or is the "Appointment-Plus" link not working? Like it sends me to a promotional page and offers a "free demo" but contrary to popular belief I am not an adcom so I'm not tryna buy their services???????


Same thing happened to me, then 10 mins later I got a different interview invite with a different link that worked

~es un milagro~ that just happened to me too haha. Thank you kindly!

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:11 pm

notorious_mig wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Am I a dumb idiot or is the "Appointment-Plus" link not working? Like it sends me to a promotional page and offers a "free demo" but contrary to popular belief I am not an adcom so I'm not tryna buy their services???????


Same thing happened to me, then 10 mins later I got a different interview invite with a different link that worked

~es un milagro~ that just happened to me too haha. Thank you kindly!


Hahaha no worries. I had 10 minutes of WTF and frantic googling so glad I could spare others

User avatar
theothercat

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby theothercat » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Got the invite today! I felt like Chicago could go either way with my app (below median LSAT) so I'm pretty excited about this.

TheCubsFan

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TheCubsFan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked elsewhere, I couldn't find it if it was. I just got an interview invite, and my LSAT is at ~25% with my GPA at median. Should I get my hopes up or nah? I honestly thought UChicago was an extreme reach school.

gcflames

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gcflames » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:30 pm

TheCubsFan wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked elsewhere, I couldn't find it if it was. I just got an interview invite, and my LSAT is at ~25% with my GPA at median. Should I get my hopes up or nah? I honestly thought UChicago was an extreme reach school.


Interview is necessary for admission, but doesn't guarantee anything. It's a good sign though! I'd really try to nail the interview if I was you.

Also I don't think your numbers make Chicago an "extreme reach" by any means.


Good luck! :D

User avatar
notorious_mig

Bronze
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notorious_mig » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:18 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Am I a dumb idiot or is the "Appointment-Plus" link not working? Like it sends me to a promotional page and offers a "free demo" but contrary to popular belief I am not an adcom so I'm not tryna buy their services???????


Same thing happened to me, then 10 mins later I got a different interview invite with a different link that worked

~es un milagro~ that just happened to me too haha. Thank you kindly!


Hahaha no worries. I had 10 minutes of WTF and frantic googling so glad I could spare others

You're a saint among men!

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby canafsa » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:10 pm

.
Last edited by canafsa on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJ1010

Bronze
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby AJ1010 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:14 pm

interview request today!

User avatar
KMart

Gold
Posts: 4368
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KMart » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:51 am

Best of luck to all you people who were requested to interview today. Relax and be normal; you will do great.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:34 am

How long after going UR have people been getting their interview requests (generally speaking)

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:15 am

UR 12/20, complete 12/6

gcflames

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gcflames » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:22 am

Chances ED come out today? I can't bare the wait anymore.

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:52 am

brinicolec wrote:How long after going UR have people been getting their interview requests (generally speaking)

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ad34964n » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:55 am

UR2 yesterday without an interview... Went UR1 11/1. Thoughts? Conjecture? Thinking this means a ding..

VA2lawschool

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VA2lawschool » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:04 am

UR3 12/20! Interviewed 12/1. Anyone know if this is an indication of decisions coming out soon? (Maybe early Jan?) RD, for reference.

User avatar
LSRAT

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LSRAT » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:06 am

Complete 12/6, UR1 12/20

User avatar
SmallK

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SmallK » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:24 am

VA2lawschool wrote:UR3 12/20! Interviewed 12/1. Anyone know if this is an indication of decisions coming out soon? (Maybe early Jan?) RD, for reference.


UR3 12/20 too! Interviewed 11/29, RD. I'm hoping this means early Jan., but I know UR4 is when we truly start sitting on that refresh button.

fall17law

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:51 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fall17law » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:25 am

SmallK wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote:UR3 12/20! Interviewed 12/1. Anyone know if this is an indication of decisions coming out soon? (Maybe early Jan?) RD, for reference.


UR3 12/20 too! Interviewed 11/29, RD. I'm hoping this means early Jan., but I know UR4 is when we truly start sitting on that refresh button.


Is UR4 a necessary condition for a decision?

User avatar
btruj777

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby btruj777 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:29 am

I am UR4 ED super excited for this week, I hope ED doesnt have to wait till Friday or post Friday



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 18 guests