Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your Status?

Still Waiting on a Decision
40
28%
Dinged :(
7
5%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
3
2%
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
53
37%
Admitted - Withdrew
16
11%
Admitted - Attending!
25
17%
 
Total votes: 144

crown
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby crown » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:16 pm

First-time poster. Interviewed between June 7 to 9 (all days in which interview slots were open but to protect identity I won't name which exact date). In via email after being waitlisted. Non-URM; LSAT at or below median; GPA at or above median. I still have the appointment link if in the future somebody wants me to check it for open interview slots (however, I don't come on TLS often so it might take a while for me to see your request(s)). At this time, no interview slots are open.

User avatar
FEDRESRV
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby FEDRESRV » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:25 pm

crown wrote:First-time poster. Interviewed between June 7 to 9 (all days in which interview slots were open but to protect identity I won't name which exact date). In via email after being waitlisted. Non-URM; LSAT at or below median; GPA at or above median. I still have the appointment link if in the future somebody wants me to check it for open interview slots (however, I don't come on TLS often so it might take a while for me to see your request(s)). At this time, no interview slots are open.


Thank you for the update. Are you going to deposit?

xandra_v
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:02 pm

crown wrote:First-time poster. Interviewed between June 7 to 9 (all days in which interview slots were open but to protect identity I won't name which exact date). In via email after being waitlisted. Non-URM; LSAT at or below median; GPA at or above median. I still have the appointment link if in the future somebody wants me to check it for open interview slots (however, I don't come on TLS often so it might take a while for me to see your request(s)). At this time, no interview slots are open.


thanks for updating and for offering to keep an eye on slots! did your status checker change before you got the interview request?

crown
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby crown » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:11 pm

FEDRESRV wrote:
crown wrote:First-time poster. Interviewed between June 7 to 9 (all days in which interview slots were open but to protect identity I won't name which exact date). In via email after being waitlisted. Non-URM; LSAT at or below median; GPA at or above median. I still have the appointment link if in the future somebody wants me to check it for open interview slots (however, I don't come on TLS often so it might take a while for me to see your request(s)). At this time, no interview slots are open.


Thank you for the update. Are you going to deposit?


I haven't gotten scholarship info. yet but most likely.

crown
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby crown » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:16 pm

xandra_v wrote:
crown wrote:First-time poster. Interviewed between June 7 to 9 (all days in which interview slots were open but to protect identity I won't name which exact date). In via email after being waitlisted. Non-URM; LSAT at or below median; GPA at or above median. I still have the appointment link if in the future somebody wants me to check it for open interview slots (however, I don't come on TLS often so it might take a while for me to see your request(s)). At this time, no interview slots are open.


thanks for updating and for offering to keep an eye on slots! did your status checker change before you got the interview request?


You're welcome. TLS was of help during the application cycle, so paying it forward. No idea if it changed before the interview request (I didn't check) but I went UR after the interview.

xandra_v
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:16 pm

crown wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
crown wrote:First-time poster. Interviewed between June 7 to 9 (all days in which interview slots were open but to protect identity I won't name which exact date). In via email after being waitlisted. Non-URM; LSAT at or below median; GPA at or above median. I still have the appointment link if in the future somebody wants me to check it for open interview slots (however, I don't come on TLS often so it might take a while for me to see your request(s)). At this time, no interview slots are open.


thanks for updating and for offering to keep an eye on slots! did your status checker change before you got the interview request?


You're welcome. TLS was of help during the application cycle, so paying it forward. No idea if it changed before the interview request (I didn't check) but I went UR after the interview.


Cool. Thanks for letting us know! :)

User avatar
freekick
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:11 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby freekick » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:24 am

Any more WL movement expected?

User avatar
Litt1tUp
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Litt1tUp » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Got an email asking if I'm still interested in the waitlist, anyone else?

User avatar
texteach
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby texteach » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:21 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:Got an email asking if I'm still interested in the waitlist, anyone else?


I did, too.

User avatar
sfn91
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sfn91 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:00 pm

texteach wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:Got an email asking if I'm still interested in the waitlist, anyone else?


I did, too.


Seemed like a generic e-mail sent to all WL candidates.

User avatar
jessmeesh
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Did anyone's status checker reflect the WL update email being sent or your response

xandra_v
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:42 pm

jessmeesh wrote:Did anyone's status checker reflect the WL update email being sent or your response


Mine did not, just checked today...unless they haven't processed them yet, maybe

xandra_v
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:13 pm

xandra_v wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:Did anyone's status checker reflect the WL update email being sent or your response


Mine did not, just checked today...unless they haven't processed them yet, maybe


Update: my status checker changed today, to "Waitlist Status Confirmed" and displayed today's date.

Plimptonzissou
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:18 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Plimptonzissou » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:25 am

First time poster. There is still movement just in case anyone is out there hoping. Was accepted last week!

User avatar
EWofNell
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby EWofNell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:51 am

I was invited for an interview on Monday and the interview was later this week. Think it went well but hard to tell. This is my dream school and I'd attend if admitted. I'm so anxious to hear. What do you guys think an interview means at this point

xandra_v
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 am

EWofNell wrote:I was invited for an interview on Monday and the interview was later this week. Think it went well but hard to tell. This is my dream school and I'd attend if admitted. I'm so anxious to hear. What do you guys think an interview means at this point


It means that they're probably pretty serious about you, so congratulations!

User avatar
EWofNell
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby EWofNell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:18 am

xandra_v wrote:
EWofNell wrote:I was invited for an interview on Monday and the interview was later this week. Think it went well but hard to tell. This is my dream school and I'd attend if admitted. I'm so anxious to hear. What do you guys think an interview means at this point


It means that they're probably pretty serious about you, so congratulations!


Any thoughts on when I would hear anything?

xandra_v
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:20 am

EWofNell wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
EWofNell wrote:I was invited for an interview on Monday and the interview was later this week. Think it went well but hard to tell. This is my dream school and I'd attend if admitted. I'm so anxious to hear. What do you guys think an interview means at this point


It means that they're probably pretty serious about you, so congratulations!


Any thoughts on when I would hear anything?


My S/O got off the waitlist a couple years ago--if I remember right, he heard pretty soon (a couple of days) after his interview. That being said, they may be doing things differently now (and he got off the list in early June of that year) so it could be different.

User avatar
EWofNell
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby EWofNell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:30 am

xandra_v wrote:
EWofNell wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
EWofNell wrote:I was invited for an interview on Monday and the interview was later this week. Think it went well but hard to tell. This is my dream school and I'd attend if admitted. I'm so anxious to hear. What do you guys think an interview means at this point


It means that they're probably pretty serious about you, so congratulations!


Any thoughts on when I would hear anything?


My S/O got off the waitlist a couple years ago--if I remember right, he heard pretty soon (a couple of days) after his interview. That being said, they may be doing things differently now (and he got off the list in early June of that year) so it could be different.


Ok, we'll see. Thanks!

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3651
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:53 am

EWofNell wrote:I was invited for an interview on Monday and the interview was later this week. Think it went well but hard to tell. This is my dream school and I'd attend if admitted. I'm so anxious to hear. What do you guys think an interview means at this point

I think you have a pretty solid shot. They accepted a wave of people recently, many of whom turned down their offers. It's pretty clear from what I can tell that they are targeting some high GPAs, likely because of medians. I'm familiar with your numbers, and I'm pretty sure they will accept you and see you as a lock to attend with your reverse splitter status. They're probably aware that sticker at Chicago is your best option

User avatar
TudoBem
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TudoBem » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:15 pm

EWofNell wrote:I was invited for an interview on Monday and the interview was later this week. Think it went well but hard to tell. This is my dream school and I'd attend if admitted. I'm so anxious to hear. What do you guys think an interview means at this point


sending you good vibes :D Hope you get accepted.

User avatar
EWofNell
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby EWofNell » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:34 am

TudoBem wrote:
EWofNell wrote:I was invited for an interview on Monday and the interview was later this week. Think it went well but hard to tell. This is my dream school and I'd attend if admitted. I'm so anxious to hear. What do you guys think an interview means at this point


sending you good vibes :D Hope you get accepted.


Thank you :)

User avatar
EWofNell
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby EWofNell » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:32 am

Plimptonzissou wrote:First time poster. There is still movement just in case anyone is out there hoping. Was accepted last week!


If you don't mind me asking- were you interviewed before or after being WL'd? If after, how long was the turnaround time? Very anxious over here clearly lol.

User avatar
EWofNell
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby EWofNell » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:28 pm

After my interview last week, my status checker changed to "under review" as of that date. Yesterday my checker changed to "under review" as of 7/31. Any insight on what that means?

User avatar
seeprybyrun
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby seeprybyrun » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:43 pm

EWofNell wrote:After my interview last week, my status checker changed to "under review" as of that date. Yesterday my checker changed to "under review" as of 7/31. Any insight on what that means?


Probably they're sorting through the candidates they interviewed and are deciding who they want to admit. Keep the faith, but try not to let it get you too anxious 8)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andysimbi, april_ludgate, curry4bfast, Exabot [Bot], hotdog96, itslilbub, jbutter02, jd21, PWADatUNC, rtrrtr, Three.Hole.Punch.Jim, ticket, xj261 and 26 guests