Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your Status?

Still Waiting on a Decision
28%
Dinged :(
5%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
2%
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
36%
Admitted - Withdrew
12%
Admitted - Attending!
17%

Total votes: 147

Hobbesy

Bronze

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Hobbesy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:03 am

They started reviewing my application 3/20 it looks like. :shock:
Now if I can get that ding or accept before I'm in town next week so I can make an executive decision on whether or not I want to visit....

lomaschulo

New

Postby lomaschulo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:26 pm

Long time lurker here... really stoked on Chicago and have my Doctoroff interview coming up soon. I'm going in blind and would really appreciate it if someone was able to PM me any details about what to expect :D

gargleblaster

Bronze

Postby gargleblaster » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:52 pm

lomaschulo wrote:Long time lurker here... really stoked on Chicago and have my Doctoroff interview coming up soon. I'm going in blind and would really appreciate it if someone was able to PM me any details about what to expect :D

its as bland as all the other skype interviews for ls stuff. except this one they will ask you "why doctororff"

lomaschulo

New

Postby lomaschulo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:16 pm

gargleblaster wrote:
lomaschulo wrote:Long time lurker here... really stoked on Chicago and have my Doctoroff interview coming up soon. I'm going in blind and would really appreciate it if someone was able to PM me any details about what to expect :D

its as bland as all the other skype interviews for ls stuff. except this one they will ask you "why doctororff"

gotcha. appreciate it!

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:55 am

Hrm, I've been sitting at "Complete" since 3/6, and already people are getting in from the waitlist?

Any chance my app fell through the cracks, or is this normal operating procedure?

jessmeesh

Bronze

Postby jessmeesh » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:59 am

seeprybyrun wrote:Hrm, I've been sitting at "Complete" since 3/6, and already people are getting in from the waitlist?

Any chance my app fell through the cracks, or is this normal operating procedure?

When did you submit?

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:00 am

jessmeesh wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Hrm, I've been sitting at "Complete" since 3/6, and already people are getting in from the waitlist?

When did you submit?

2/15. >75 UGPA/LSAT

Watababe

Bronze

Postby Watababe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:04 am

Long time lurker chiming in for this one:
I submitted mid-Jan, went complete mid-Feb, and have been sitting at under review since 3/1. Your sitting at complete hasn't been that long, especially compared to others (you can look back through this thread for reference).

As for people getting in off the waitlist before others getting even a first decision, I think it goes to a "Well we have a spot for someone with X numbers and we can either go with someone we've already interviewed or we can take the time to do another round of interviews"

I get it, I was initially a little like "huh" too, but I accept that I applied pretty late for Chicago and it's my own fault.

sphyrnidae13

New

Postby sphyrnidae13 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:18 pm

If I try to negotiate a scholarship with Chicago, when should I do it by? And what schools would be worth leveraging (I have a pretty nice offer from Duke, still waiting on NYU)?

gargleblaster

Bronze

Postby gargleblaster » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:23 pm

sphyrnidae13 wrote:If I try to negotiate a scholarship with Chicago, when should I do it by? And what schools would be worth leveraging (I have a pretty nice offer from Duke, still waiting on NYU)?

Your best leverage is the one you can convince them you would take if they dont offer more.

Whatever story you can sell to do that is what you should do. If you're leaning duke, go duke.

I don't see a reason to wait unless you think NYU's offer will replace dukes as your most compelling.

KMart

Gold

Postby KMart » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:47 pm

gargleblaster wrote:
sphyrnidae13 wrote:If I try to negotiate a scholarship with Chicago, when should I do it by? And what schools would be worth leveraging (I have a pretty nice offer from Duke, still waiting on NYU)?

Your best leverage is the one you can convince them you would take if they dont offer more.

Whatever story you can sell to do that is what you should do. If you're leaning duke, go duke.

I don't see a reason to wait unless you think NYU's offer will replace dukes as your most compelling.

you could always try again if NYU does give you a better offer. the worst they're going to say is no

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:51 am

Watababe wrote:

Long time lurker chiming in for this one:
I submitted mid-Jan, went complete mid-Feb, and have been sitting at under review since 3/1. Your sitting at complete hasn't been that long, especially compared to others (you can look back through this thread for reference).

As for people getting in off the waitlist before others getting even a first decision, I think it goes to a "Well we have a spot for someone with X numbers and we can either go with someone we've already interviewed or we can take the time to do another round of interviews"

I get it, I was initially a little like "huh" too, but I accept that I applied pretty late for Chicago and it's my own fault.

Woo, finally went UR1 3/31!

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Just withdrew and threw a little bit of money back in. Check LSN (same username) for exact info.

Best of luck, all!

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Final Poll up, hit me up if you need something with the OP. Grats to everyone going, good luck to those waiting.

batlaw

New

Postby batlaw » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:05 pm

TexasENG wrote:Final Poll up, hit me up if you need something with the OP. Grats to everyone going, good luck to those waiting.

I think you are missing a category: waiting but not waitlisted.

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:08 pm

batlaw wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Final Poll up, hit me up if you need something with the OP. Grats to everyone going, good luck to those waiting.

Oh shit, thanks for the catch. Sorry y'all still waiting didn't mean to rub salt in the wound with the poll

gargleblaster

Bronze

Postby gargleblaster » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:15 pm

needs an admitted undecided option on da poll

batlaw

New

Postby batlaw » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm

TexasENG wrote:
batlaw wrote:

Oh shit, thanks for the catch. Sorry y'all still waiting didn't mean to rub salt in the wound with the poll

No worries... Chicago might have forgotten about us too :wink: .

UR1 people unite!

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:16 pm

(If this is better addressed in another thread, please point me to that thread)

Anyone know if Chicago will only reconsider $ if you have offers from peer schools or if a full scholly from a t-20 in the area you want to practice would help get a little more?

LSRAT

Bronze

Postby LSRAT » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:(If this is better addressed in another thread, please point me to that thread)

Anyone know if Chicago will only reconsider $ if you have offers from peer schools or if a full scholly from a t-20 in the area you want to practice would help get a little more?

They say to just use schools that you're actually interested in attending, not necessarily the schools that give you the most $. It certainly can't hurt if you include a convincing argument about why you'd take $ at that school over Chi but if you have offers from peer schools, I would include them too. You can include up to three on the form.

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:(If this is better addressed in another thread, please point me to that thread)

also on how close they're willing to get to lower T13 offers

Watababe

Bronze

Postby Watababe » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:37 pm

batlaw wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
batlaw wrote:

UR1 people unite!

Like at this point I've pretty much accepted my inevitable waitlist/ding but it would still be nice to see some sort of change like I wonder what's going on...are they trying to decide if it's worth doing another round of interviews? Do they want to do a giant huge batch of dings to finish off and so are making sure everyone has been reviewed once? Are they determining waitlist vs ding for all of us that haven't interviewed?

lawlzschool

Bronze

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Watababe wrote:
batlaw wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
batlaw wrote:

UR1 people unite!

Like at this point I've pretty much accepted my inevitable waitlist/ding but it would still be nice to see some sort of change like I wonder what's going on...are they trying to decide if it's worth doing another round of interviews? Do they want to do a giant huge batch of dings to finish off and so are making sure everyone has been reviewed once? Are they determining waitlist vs ding for all of us that haven't interviewed?

tbh im guessing they're just really busy with asw (this weekend), so my guess [SPECULATION AHEAD] is if they're going to do more interviews, etc. then it will probably be next week

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:11 pm

LSRAT wrote:

They say to just use schools that you're actually interested in attending, not necessarily the schools that give you the most $. It certainly can't hurt if you include a convincing argument about why you'd take $ at that school over Chi but if you have offers from peer schools, I would include them too. You can include up to three on the form.

I appreciate the information, thank you.

intlbr

Bronze

Postby intlbr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:19 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
Watababe wrote:
batlaw wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
batlaw wrote:

UR1 people unite!

tbh im guessing they're just really busy with asw (this weekend), so my guess [SPECULATION AHEAD] is if they're going to do more interviews, etc. then it will probably be next week

Does the status checker change to "Under Review" at a certain point? Because mine still says "Complete"...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?