Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your Status?

Still Waiting on a Decision
41
28%
Dinged :(
7
5%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
3
2%
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
53
36%
Admitted - Withdrew
17
12%
Admitted - Attending!
25
17%
 
Total votes: 146

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:21 am

bunney_j wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
bunney_j wrote:waitlisted via email without a interview. 25 < LSAT < Median; 25 < GPA < Median. URM. Can't say I'm surprised.



Wait, when?


On the 20th, but the email had been placed on the "promotions tab" of gmail which I just saw today.


Did you status checker change as well?

bunney_j

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bunney_j » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:26 am

brinicolec wrote:
bunney_j wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
bunney_j wrote:waitlisted via email without a interview. 25 < LSAT < Median; 25 < GPA < Median. URM. Can't say I'm surprised.



Wait, when?


On the 20th, but the email had been placed on the "promotions tab" of gmail which I just saw today.


Did you status checker change as well?


I didn't check until today. It says waitlisted. From the email "The University of Chicago Law School has completed its initial review of your application. The Admissions Committee was impressed with your academic credentials, personal potential, and notable achievements. However, at this time, your file has been placed on our waitlist. I am sorry that we are unable to provide a final decision on your file at this time. We sincerely appreciate your interest in UChicago Law."

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:32 am

bunney_j wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
bunney_j wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
bunney_j wrote:waitlisted via email without a interview. 25 < LSAT < Median; 25 < GPA < Median. URM. Can't say I'm surprised.



Wait, when?


On the 20th, but the email had been placed on the "promotions tab" of gmail which I just saw today.


Did you status checker change as well?


I didn't check until today. It says waitlisted. From the email "The University of Chicago Law School has completed its initial review of your application. The Admissions Committee was impressed with your academic credentials, personal potential, and notable achievements. However, at this time, your file has been placed on our waitlist. I am sorry that we are unable to provide a final decision on your file at this time. We sincerely appreciate your interest in UChicago Law."


Thanks for answering my questions. I'm sorry you were WL. I'm sure you'll get some other schools though!

bunney_j

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bunney_j » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:39 am

brinicolec wrote:
bunney_j wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
bunney_j wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
bunney_j wrote:waitlisted via email without a interview. 25 < LSAT < Median; 25 < GPA < Median. URM. Can't say I'm surprised.



Wait, when?


On the 20th, but the email had been placed on the "promotions tab" of gmail which I just saw today.


Did you status checker change as well?


I didn't check until today. It says waitlisted. From the email "The University of Chicago Law School has completed its initial review of your application. The Admissions Committee was impressed with your academic credentials, personal potential, and notable achievements. However, at this time, your file has been placed on our waitlist. I am sorry that we are unable to provide a final decision on your file at this time. We sincerely appreciate your interest in UChicago Law."


Thanks for answering my questions. I'm sorry you were WL. I'm sure you'll get some other schools though!


No problem! And thanks :D . Here's hoping haha. I'm a little bummed I wasn't asked to interview, but the email does mention they might ask off the waitlist.

mcdermontsam

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:52 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mcdermontsam » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:35 am

I can't seem to find an answer in their FAQ's but what is the dress for the skype interviews? Am I going to be fine in a dress shirt and tie with some nice slacks or do I need to get my suit ready?

User avatar
carlos_danger

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby carlos_danger » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:37 am

mcdermontsam wrote:I can't seem to find an answer in their FAQ's but what is the dress for the skype interviews? Am I going to be fine in a dress shirt and tie with some nice slacks or do I need to get my suit ready?


You'll be good in what you have. Probably don't even need the slacks, tbh. They won't see your pants

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby poptart123 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:39 am

carlos_danger wrote:
mcdermontsam wrote:I can't seem to find an answer in their FAQ's but what is the dress for the skype interviews? Am I going to be fine in a dress shirt and tie with some nice slacks or do I need to get my suit ready?


You'll be good in what you have. Probably don't even need the slacks, tbh. They won't see your pants


Yeah I went suit jacket/tie, no pants (personal preference). Just don't stand up. Or do?

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pleasesendhelp » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:17 am

poptart123 wrote:
carlos_danger wrote:
mcdermontsam wrote:I can't seem to find an answer in their FAQ's but what is the dress for the skype interviews? Am I going to be fine in a dress shirt and tie with some nice slacks or do I need to get my suit ready?


You'll be good in what you have. Probably don't even need the slacks, tbh. They won't see your pants


Yeah I went suit jacket/tie, no pants (personal preference). Just don't stand up. Or do?


TBH the humor in wearing no pants during skype interviews really calms me down

User avatar
RictusErectus

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RictusErectus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:30 pm

had my interview earlier today with Elizabeth Kearney, assistant director of admissions. really chill and conversational. pleasant surprise from the slightly stiff expectations i had given previous posts in this thread. they definitely have a list of questions to hit but the convo did feel organic and she asked questions based off of my responses.

it's weird, but in terms of chillness and friendliness my interviews have been the opposite of the usual trend: chicago > columbia > harvard

sphyrnidae13

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:19 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sphyrnidae13 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Just earlier had my interview. Packed a lot of questions into 20 minutes, and I had seen all of the questions mentioned here other than one (What issue do you wish more people were aware about?/How would you make them more aware?). Interviewer was friendly, but definitely less of a conversation and more of a Q&A feel. Also I could hear my voice delayed through the interviewer's computer for most of the 20 min, which threw me off a little.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:42 pm

sphyrnidae13 wrote:Just earlier had my interview. Packed a lot of questions into 20 minutes, and I had seen all of the questions mentioned here other than one (What issue do you wish more people were aware about?/How would you make them more aware?). Interviewer was friendly, but definitely less of a conversation and more of a Q&A feel. Also I could hear my voice delayed through the interviewer's computer for most of the 20 min, which threw me off a little.


Same thing happened to me with the echo! ugh, I think it was fine overall but definitely distracting.

User avatar
freekick

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:11 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby freekick » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:49 am

RPlatt85 wrote:My application is still incomplete awaiting the CAS report after three weeks, when do I get worried and call?


+1
Could we check with LSAC and have them look into it? Or we have no role to play in it?

User avatar
dianersg

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:09 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dianersg » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:16 am

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
sphyrnidae13 wrote:Just earlier had my interview. Packed a lot of questions into 20 minutes, and I had seen all of the questions mentioned here other than one (What issue do you wish more people were aware about?/How would you make them more aware?). Interviewer was friendly, but definitely less of a conversation and more of a Q&A feel. Also I could hear my voice delayed through the interviewer's computer for most of the 20 min, which threw me off a little.


Same thing happened to me with the echo! ugh, I think it was fine overall but definitely distracting.


+2 to the echo. Thought it was just me. Mine was so bad that we only got through a few questions.

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby poptart123 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:06 am

Got the need-based aid email last night. Was probably the shortest application I've filled out, ever.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:12 am

poptart123 wrote:Got the need-based aid email last night. Was probably the shortest application I've filled out, ever.


really? I haven't looked at the app yet because I assumed it would be long and boring like NYU's or the CSS profile.

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby poptart123 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:14 am

airwrecka wrote:
poptart123 wrote:Got the need-based aid email last night. Was probably the shortest application I've filled out, ever.


really? I haven't looked at the app yet because I assumed it would be long and boring like NYU's or the CSS profile.


I was asked maybe 10-12 questions. I think more appear depending on answers to previous questions.

User avatar
xn3345

New
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xn3345 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:22 pm

*

xandra_v

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 pm

RPlatt85 wrote:My application is still incomplete awaiting the CAS report after three weeks, when do I get worried and call?


bumping this, because I'm in the same boat. They emailed me two weeks ago (after I had submitted an additional LOR) to say it would be completed last week, but so far, no dice...

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:00 pm

.
Last edited by Pozzo on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xandra_v

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xandra_v » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:02 pm

Pozzo wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
RPlatt85 wrote:My application is still incomplete awaiting the CAS report after three weeks, when do I get worried and call?


bumping this, because I'm in the same boat. They emailed me two weeks ago (after I had submitted an additional LOR) to say it would be completed last week, but so far, no dice...


Took 18 days from submitted to complete for me. 3 weeks doesn't seem abnormal.


Good to know! Thank you!

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:03 pm

xandra_v wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
RPlatt85 wrote:My application is still incomplete awaiting the CAS report after three weeks, when do I get worried and call?


bumping this, because I'm in the same boat. They emailed me two weeks ago (after I had submitted an additional LOR) to say it would be completed last week, but so far, no dice...


Took 18 days from submitted to complete for me. 3 weeks doesn't seem abnormal.


Good to know! Thank you!

Mine also was at least 2 weeks to complete

Blue664

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Blue664 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Congrats to everyone admitted!

So waitlist question.....is there definitely going to be no waitlist movement until after seat deposits are due in April? That was kind of how I interpreted the FAQs but I just want to manage my expectations properly slash see if there is a glimmer of hope.

fam1994

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fam1994 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:36 pm

i applied back in November; UR since 1/8 and total radio silence since then - no interview req, no WL, no ding. my stats are well within their range and i think i have pretty good softs/essays (or that's what my track record thus far suggests, at least)...
what does this meaaannnnnn

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:37 pm

fam1994 wrote:i applied back in November; UR since 1/8 and total radio silence since then - no interview req, no WL, no ding. my stats are well within their range and i think i have pretty good softs/essays (or that's what my track record thus far suggests, at least)...
what does this meaaannnnnn


Means it hasn't been that long

CPA-->JD

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CPA-->JD » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:43 pm

fam1994 wrote:i applied back in November; UR since 1/8 and total radio silence since then - no interview req, no WL, no ding. my stats are well within their range and i think i have pretty good softs/essays (or that's what my track record thus far suggests, at least)...
what does this meaaannnnnn

Same boat here.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], suupersplitter21 and 11 guests