Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your Status?

Still Waiting on a Decision
41
28%
Dinged :(
7
5%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
3
2%
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
53
36%
Admitted - Withdrew
17
12%
Admitted - Attending!
25
17%
 
Total votes: 146

cathy95

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cathy95 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:21 am

In last Friday! Got my interview invitation after Christmas, had the interview on the 3rd of Jan. Was abroad and had some serious technical issues, so half of the time the interviewer couldn't hear what I was saying, and the entire process was basically she repeating my responses trying to make sure she got them right. I couldn't half-concentrate on answering the questions, but felt the answers themselves were ok.

Questions that I got: why law and why now, why Chicago, proudest achievement, my study abroad experience.

hernandp

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hernandp » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:15 pm

Just had my interview!
Here are the questions I was asked:

- Tell me about your current job? How many people do you help per day or month?
- Why did you choose your undergrad school?
- Why law now
- Why UChicago...I talked about the Kapnick Leadership Development Initiative, the Bigelow Program, the International Immersion Program, and the Clinics. She said it was clear that I had done my research :)
- An accomplishment that I am proud of
- One person I would like to meet, dead or living
- One book that change my outlook on life
- If I could redo one thing in my life, what would it be
- Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult choice. What did you do? What was your thought process?
-if you are the speaker of the house, what policy issue would you have debated

She was not mean at all. She was serious and professional. It was not a conversation because as soon as I finished speaking she would just ask the next question without commenting on what I said. Only until we reached the "Do you have any question for me" section was when it started being a conversation. She said I will be hearing soon from the law school but did not specify a time frame. Good luck to everyone else!

VapidP

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VapidP » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:38 pm

I had the chillest interview. I came in scared out of my pants thinking it would be the worst because of people on the forum and other people being like "its super serious and hardcore". It was not. One question lead into another. PM me for questions.

User avatar
CHyde

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CHyde » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:04 pm

hernandp wrote:Just had my interview!
Here are the questions I was asked:

- Tell me about your current job? How many people do you help per day or month?
- Why did you choose your undergrad school?
- Why law now
- Why UChicago...I talked about the Kapnick Leadership Development Initiative, the Bigelow Program, the International Immersion Program, and the Clinics. She said it was clear that I had done my research :)
- An accomplishment that I am proud of
- One person I would like to meet, dead or living
- One book that change my outlook on life
- If I could redo one thing in my life, what would it be
- Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult choice. What did you do? What was your thought process?
-if you are the speaker of the house, what policy issue would you have debated

She was not mean at all. She was serious and professional. It was not a conversation because as soon as I finished speaking she would just ask the next question without commenting on what I said. Only until we reached the "Do you have any question for me" section was when it started being a conversation. She said I will be hearing soon from the law school but did not specify a time frame. Good luck to everyone else!


Thank you for this!

Yitzhak26

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Yitzhak26 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:27 pm

.
Last edited by Yitzhak26 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby S.Picquery » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Yitzhak26 wrote:I just went UR2 on 1/23 and I haven't received an interview request. I wanted to know if that's normal or if it's a bad sign. I've been complete since 12/01 if that matters.

LSAT >>> 75
GPA < 25


Same. To all of this. Same UR2, same stats. I wouldn't worry.

Yitzhak26

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Yitzhak26 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:43 pm

.
Last edited by Yitzhak26 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fantasyfreak294

New
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Fantasyfreak294 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:50 pm

In as of about a week ago!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Yitzhak26 wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:
Yitzhak26 wrote:I just went UR2 on 1/23 and I haven't received an interview request. I wanted to know if that's normal or if it's a bad sign. I've been complete since 12/01 if that matters.

LSAT >>> 75
GPA < 25


Same. To all of this. Same UR2, same stats. I wouldn't worry.


For those who did receive interview requests, was it before or after you went UR2?



Before I went UR2

Lukky

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lukky » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Ok, so I was wondering, I sent in my application a couple weeks ago. It's LSAC complete and everything. But I haven't heard back from Chicago at all. I haven't received an e-mail saying that they received my application nor have I received their status checker e-mail. Is this unusual? I've heard back from most schools in some capacity (applied at the same time).

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby S.Picquery » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:16 pm

Lukky wrote:Ok, so I was wondering, I sent in my application a couple weeks ago. It's LSAC complete and everything. But I haven't heard back from Chicago at all. I haven't received an e-mail saying that they received my application nor have I received their status checker e-mail. Is this unusual? I've heard back from most schools in some capacity (applied at the same time).


Not weird at all. Chicago is known for taking longer then basically everywhere else with this. Don't worry, it's normal.

Lukky

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Lukky » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Oh ok, thanks so much for that! Chicago's pretty much my top choice, so I figured it was just my luck that it happened to be the only school that didn't give me an update. Huge sigh of relief hearing that haha

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby S.Picquery » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Lukky wrote:Oh ok, thanks so much for that! Chicago's pretty much my top choice, so I figured it was just my luck that it happened to be the only school that didn't give me an update. Huge sigh of relief hearing that haha


Of course! And if you want data to back that up, LSN will show a bunch of folks' dates bw submitting and going complete taking even 3 weeks. Good luck!

User avatar
KMart

Gold
Posts: 4368
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KMart » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:48 am

hernandp wrote: Kapnick Leadership Development Initiative

:lol:

VapidP

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VapidP » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:24 am

Woah, had my interview yesterday and went UR3 yesterday. That was some quick turnaround for a school that everyone says moves a bit slower.

Javalin0650

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Javalin0650 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:12 am

VapidP wrote:Woah, had my interview yesterday and went UR3 yesterday. That was some quick turnaround for a school that everyone says moves a bit slower.


Same thing happened to me (I think). Interviewed on Monday (23rd) and went what I think was UR2 the same day. Then my status changed the next day.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:14 am

Javalin0650 wrote:
VapidP wrote:Woah, had my interview yesterday and went UR3 yesterday. That was some quick turnaround for a school that everyone says moves a bit slower.


Same thing happened to me (I think). Interviewed on Monday (23rd) and went what I think was UR2 the same day. Then my status changed the next day.


Same here. Hopefully we'll all be in the same UR4/decision wave in the next week or two.

VapidP

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VapidP » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Javalin0650 wrote:
VapidP wrote:Woah, had my interview yesterday and went UR3 yesterday. That was some quick turnaround for a school that everyone says moves a bit slower.


Same thing happened to me (I think). Interviewed on Monday (23rd) and went what I think was UR2 the same day. Then my status changed the next day.


Same here. Hopefully we'll all be in the same UR4/decision wave in the next week or two.


Do you think there will be a decision wave in the next week or so?

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:29 pm

VapidP wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Javalin0650 wrote:
VapidP wrote:Woah, had my interview yesterday and went UR3 yesterday. That was some quick turnaround for a school that everyone says moves a bit slower.


Same thing happened to me (I think). Interviewed on Monday (23rd) and went what I think was UR2 the same day. Then my status changed the next day.


Same here. Hopefully we'll all be in the same UR4/decision wave in the next week or two.


Do you think there will be a decision wave in the next week or so?


Well last year there were two big waves on 1/13 and on 2/4, so three weeks apart. There were some people that claim to have reached a decision on the days just before/after, but I tend to assume that those people just put the wrong decision date or something.

The first big wave was 1/20 this year, so a three week gap between waves would put us around 2/10, which means we could expect ur4 maybe the start of that week (2/6-8ish)?

I think next week would be too early but who knows. Maybe they still have a number of people they interviewed end of December/early January plus the ones they're interviewing now so a wave in the next week would be warranted.

User avatar
EWofNell

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby EWofNell » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:32 pm

Based on previous comments I think I know the answer to this question... but is an interview required for acceptance?

RPlatt85

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RPlatt85 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:38 pm

My application is still incomplete awaiting the CAS report after three weeks, when do I get worried and call?

scoot456

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby scoot456 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:34 pm

---
Last edited by scoot456 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

bunney_j

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bunney_j » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:50 am

waitlisted via email without a interview. 25 < LSAT < Median; 25 < GPA < Median. URM. Can't say I'm surprised.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:59 am

bunney_j wrote:waitlisted via email without a interview. 25 < LSAT < Median; 25 < GPA < Median. URM. Can't say I'm surprised.



Wait, when?

bunney_j

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 am

Re: Chicago C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bunney_j » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:20 am

brinicolec wrote:
bunney_j wrote:waitlisted via email without a interview. 25 < LSAT < Median; 25 < GPA < Median. URM. Can't say I'm surprised.



Wait, when?


On the 20th, but the email had been placed on the "promotions tab" of gmail which I just saw today.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests