NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
36%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
26
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 138

badgalriri9

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:59 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby badgalriri9 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:39 pm

a
Last edited by badgalriri9 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby govlife » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:41 pm

potterotter wrote:UR1 since the end of September here, submitted mid-September

+1

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby poptart123 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:42 pm

badgalriri9 wrote:Ugh..... I think I messed up. I didn't submit the underrepresented group section because my personal statement touches upon everything I would talk about in my diversity statement (serious financial problems, brief background of growing up as an Asian in an immigrant family).

So, I just said the section didn't apply to me because I didn't want to be repetitive. Is this okay or did I just screw up :cry:


don't worry about it

ProductofUnreality

Bronze
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ProductofUnreality » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:26 pm

UR2 today. Complete early sept, UR1 mid sept.

GPA<25th (barely), 75th<LSAT

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby taxman14 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Just received the package in the mail - not sure what's in it bc my brother let me know, but in case you guys haven't checked yet and were admitted, it should be there!

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:43 pm

taxman14 wrote:Just received the package in the mail - not sure what's in it bc my brother let me know, but in case you guys haven't checked yet and were admitted, it should be there!


Oh yay! Can't wait to get home and see :D

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:25 pm

taxman14 wrote:Just received the package in the mail - not sure what's in it bc my brother let me know, but in case you guys haven't checked yet and were admitted, it should be there!


Awesome!! Congrats! Are they still sending out those "pizza box" looking packages they're known for? Excited to check it out! Hopefully mine comes tomorrow.

20171lhopeful

Bronze
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20171lhopeful » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:39 pm

taxman14 wrote:Just received the package in the mail - not sure what's in it bc my brother let me know, but in case you guys haven't checked yet and were admitted, it should be there!


what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NYC and I didn't receive anything :(

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby taxman14 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:41 pm

20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Just received the package in the mail - not sure what's in it bc my brother let me know, but in case you guys haven't checked yet and were admitted, it should be there!


what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NYC and I didn't receive anything :(


MA - if you were accepted last week it should prob come tomorrow?

20171lhopeful

Bronze
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20171lhopeful » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:43 pm

taxman14 wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Just received the package in the mail - not sure what's in it bc my brother let me know, but in case you guys haven't checked yet and were admitted, it should be there!


what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NYC and I didn't receive anything :(


MA - if you were accepted last week it should prob come tomorrow?


That's crazy! how did it arrive in MA before NYC. I have no choice but to wait :/

ac8876a

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:02 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ac8876a » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:35 pm

got the package, it was pretty flat, only had letter of acceptance/enrollment paper. However, got a handwritten sticky note talking about the field i am interested in.

judill

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby judill » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:39 pm

20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Just received the package in the mail - not sure what's in it bc my brother let me know, but in case you guys haven't checked yet and were admitted, it should be there!


what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NYC and I didn't receive anything :(


MA - if you were accepted last week it should prob come tomorrow?


That's crazy! how did it arrive in MA before NYC. I have no choice but to wait :/

I'm in NYC, too, and nothing yet! Unclear how it hasn't arrived yet - I only live about 1.5 miles from campus.

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby taxman14 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:08 pm

judill wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Just received the package in the mail - not sure what's in it bc my brother let me know, but in case you guys haven't checked yet and were admitted, it should be there!


what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NYC and I didn't receive anything :(


MA - if you were accepted last week it should prob come tomorrow?


That's crazy! how did it arrive in MA before NYC. I have no choice but to wait :/

I'm in NYC, too, and nothing yet! Unclear how it hasn't arrived yet - I only live about 1.5 miles from campus.


It's literally nothing just a big envelope with the acceptance and possibly a hand written postit haha

20171lhopeful

Bronze
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 20171lhopeful » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:13 pm

taxman14 wrote:
judill wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Just received the package in the mail - not sure what's in it bc my brother let me know, but in case you guys haven't checked yet and were admitted, it should be there!


what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NYC and I didn't receive anything :(


MA - if you were accepted last week it should prob come tomorrow?


That's crazy! how did it arrive in MA before NYC. I have no choice but to wait :/

I'm in NYC, too, and nothing yet! Unclear how it hasn't arrived yet - I only live about 1.5 miles from campus.


It's literally nothing just a big envelope with the acceptance and possibly a hand written postit haha


not even the pizza box envelope?

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:52 pm

:cry:
20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
judill wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Just received the package in the mail - not sure what's in it bc my brother let me know, but in case you guys haven't checked yet and were admitted, it should be there!


what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NYC and I didn't receive anything :(


MA - if you were accepted last week it should prob come tomorrow?


That's crazy! how did it arrive in MA before NYC. I have no choice but to wait :/

I'm in NYC, too, and nothing yet! Unclear how it hasn't arrived yet - I only live about 1.5 miles from campus.


It's literally nothing just a big envelope with the acceptance and possibly a hand written postit haha


not even the pizza box envelope?


:cry:

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:33 pm

Submitted my app on Friday and just peeked at status checker to see my app's UR. Is that abnormally fast or is that normal?

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby zeglo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:23 am

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby zeglo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:25 am

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:50 am

zeglo wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Submitted my app on Friday and just peeked at status checker to see my app's UR. Is that abnormally fast or is that normal?


I went UR rather quickly but not that quickly. So you definitely got a fast UR. I got a decision last week...so a total turnaround of I think eight weeks. Anyway, NYU does state they try to be quick.


Hm, I guess I'll just have to see how long it takes. Trying to decide if it's a good sign or no sign at all that I had such a fast turnaround lol

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby taxman14 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:22 am

Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote::cry:
20171lhopeful wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
judill wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in NYC and I didn't receive anything :(


MA - if you were accepted last week it should prob come tomorrow?


That's crazy! how did it arrive in MA before NYC. I have no choice but to wait :/

I'm in NYC, too, and nothing yet! Unclear how it hasn't arrived yet - I only live about 1.5 miles from campus.


It's literally nothing just a big envelope with the acceptance and possibly a hand written postit haha


not even the pizza box envelope?


:cry:[/quote]

Nah just big purple envelope with two sheets of paper. One the acceptance and the other how to reserve a spot in the class with the deposit.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:50 am

proteinshake wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:I can't handle this excitement. I went UR1 on 11/11 and there's no chance I'm gonna go DLS this quick but I still keep looking

keeping the hope alive

we have the same UR1 dates and I'm doing the same thing lol.

also can those admitted post stats? :D


Since you guys seem to have gone UR about a week before me, any idea what the "average" length UR is?

jackstraw92

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:01 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jackstraw92 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:02 am

.
Last edited by jackstraw92 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pretzeltime » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:04 am

jackstraw92 wrote:DLS!


ETA im about to puke everywhere

(in a good way)

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:09 am

Fml I'm still UR

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:15 am

The letter did say a package with more info was coming, though, I think! So I shall keep waiting for more goodies :D



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests