NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
36%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
26
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 138

Catsinspace

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Catsinspace » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:05 pm

did anyone who was admitted get the email? since it was sent to people who were dinged it might mean those of us who got it without an answer are in the ding pile

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:06 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:This cycle it seems like law schools have stop giving a fuck period. Trippy.

We should stop caring too and a) all identify as female and b) all identify as admitted students.


Identify as admitted students lmao :lol:

wtfNYU

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby wtfNYU » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:06 pm

"Please RSVP by tomorrow, April 4, by 12:00 p.m. EDT. I hope that you will be able to join us for this memorable evening. "

I also like how the RSVP is requested by tomorrow for an event two days later.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:06 pm

people who don't go on TLS must be freaking out right now

Mudori

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mudori » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:06 pm

RParadela wrote:Can I crash this event even though I didn't get the email?


This is so embarrassing they have to take me now... and reverse their decision.

yuppitsme

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby yuppitsme » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:06 pm

I thought I was sad after they sent the "we haven't lost your application email" now this... True heartbreak.

202law

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 202law » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:15 pm

gargleblaster wrote:Text of the e-mail in question

Dear GARGLEBLASTER,

I would like to cordially invite you to attend a reception for admitted women on Thursday, April 6, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. This reception, hosted by Sara Moss '74, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of The Estée Lauder Companies, will be an opportunity to meet with alumnae, trustees, women on our faculty, administrators, and current students in our Law Women and Women of Color Collective student groups.

Date: Thursday, April 6, 2017
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: The Estée Lauder Companies
767 Fifth Avenue (at 59th Street); 40th Floor
New York, NY 10159 [Map]

Please RSVP by tomorrow, April 4, by 12:00 p.m. EDT. I hope that you will be able to join us for this memorable evening.

Warm regards,

Cassandra T. Williams
Assistant Dean for Admissions
New York University School of Law



People who received the email: are you all based in the NY area?

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chandhi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:16 pm

Catsinspace wrote:did anyone who was admitted get the email? since it was sent to people who were dinged it might mean those of us who got it without an answer are in the ding pile

Can confirm that I was admitted and got the email this morning. Although I also got it on March 8. And withdrew yesterday...

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:16 pm

I rsvped LMAO

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:16 pm

202law wrote:
gargleblaster wrote:Text of the e-mail in question

Dear GARGLEBLASTER,

I would like to cordially invite you to attend a reception for admitted women on Thursday, April 6, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. This reception, hosted by Sara Moss '74, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of The Estée Lauder Companies, will be an opportunity to meet with alumnae, trustees, women on our faculty, administrators, and current students in our Law Women and Women of Color Collective student groups.

Date: Thursday, April 6, 2017
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: The Estée Lauder Companies
767 Fifth Avenue (at 59th Street); 40th Floor
New York, NY 10159 [Map]

Please RSVP by tomorrow, April 4, by 12:00 p.m. EDT. I hope that you will be able to join us for this memorable evening.

Warm regards,

Cassandra T. Williams
Assistant Dean for Admissions
New York University School of Law



People who received the email: are you all based in the NY area?


Nope...

DMV whaddup

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:16 pm

I have a friend who got the email and is based out of Arizona so not a geographic thing.
Sybill also just got the email.

As you know this is very difficult for me to process and I'm v upset rn.

Mudori

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mudori » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:I rsvped LMAO


Lmao...savage

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawlzschool » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:17 pm

202law wrote:
gargleblaster wrote:Text of the e-mail in question

Dear GARGLEBLASTER,

I would like to cordially invite you to attend a reception for admitted women on Thursday, April 6, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. This reception, hosted by Sara Moss '74, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of The Estée Lauder Companies, will be an opportunity to meet with alumnae, trustees, women on our faculty, administrators, and current students in our Law Women and Women of Color Collective student groups.

Date: Thursday, April 6, 2017
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: The Estée Lauder Companies
767 Fifth Avenue (at 59th Street); 40th Floor
New York, NY 10159 [Map]

Please RSVP by tomorrow, April 4, by 12:00 p.m. EDT. I hope that you will be able to join us for this memorable evening.

Warm regards,

Cassandra T. Williams
Assistant Dean for Admissions
New York University School of Law



People who received the email: are you all based in the NY area?


i am about as far away as possible (in terms of continental us) in southern california

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawlzschool » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:I rsvped LMAO


i hope with "Mr. Chukes" as the name

User avatar
hellohalo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hellohalo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:18 pm

what is that? I'm confused.

NOT accepted.
NOT a woman.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:18 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:I have a friend who got the email and is based out of Arizona so not a geographic thing.
Sybill also just got the email.

As you know this is very difficult for me to process and I'm v upset rn.


Seriously, I'm super upset. This hit a hidden nerve I guess from six months of waiting. This is worse than just getting rejected.

And I'm a woman from the NYC area so it wasn't apparent that it was wrong.
Last edited by Keilz on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yitzhak26

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Yitzhak26 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Got the email. I'm male and haven't received a decision yet. (complete since Nov.)

User avatar
WordsworthIsBae

Bronze
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WordsworthIsBae » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:19 pm

I just had the awfulest feeling.

What if they meant to check the "admit-women" alias and checked the "ding-everyone" alias? LOL[/quote]


That would be HILARIOUS except that would mean I got dinged.

Mudori

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mudori » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:20 pm

I'm very confused now. I assumed this error was exclusive to dinged students. It appears that correlation is much looser than I thought.

User avatar
charles117

Bronze
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:20 pm

me too

Reminder to RSVP - NYU Law Reception for Admitted Students Hosted by Sara Moss '74

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Y'all I am actually crying. I called the playboys at NYU and after the hold, someone picked up the phone and said (without a hello) "are you calling in regards to the email sent out in error?" LMFAOOOOOOOO I was like YES...yes I am. He was like "yeahhhhhhhhh....unfortunately it is not an indication of a decision so you will receive a follow up email stating that. Sorry about that mistake."

Goodnight.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:21 pm

Also got the admitted women's reception email and am a male/didn't hear back yet LOL

Was really excited until I remembered to check TLS. :( :( :(

malysh

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:55 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby malysh » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:21 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:Y'all I am actually crying. I called the playboys at NYU and after the hold, someone picked up the phone and said (without a hello) "are you calling in regards to the email sent out in error?" LMFAOOOOOOOO I was like YES...yes I am. He was like "yeahhhhhhhhh....unfortunately it is not an indication of a decision so you will receive a follow up email stating that. Sorry about that mistake."

Goodnight.

Still going to rsvp

User avatar
mtf612

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 1:56 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mtf612 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Still UR2 1/17. No email yet, as of 2:20pm et.

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Nightwing » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:22 pm

<insert application fee here> ---> "Be patient" ---> <fast-forward to last acceptance/first waitlist season> "RSVP for admitted students event" ---> "sorry, our bad, please continue being patient" ---> waitlist


That about right?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests