NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
36%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
26
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 138

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:06 am

DLS!

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:07 am

Pozzo wrote:DLS!


Wut I thought you got in already lol congrats

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chandhi » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:07 am

Pozzo wrote:DLS!

Ahhh yeah get it! Congrats :D

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:07 am

4ever ur2

ReadyToStart

New
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:43 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ReadyToStart » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:18 am

Still UR3. The hope is truly devastating.

ColombiaConfused

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ColombiaConfused » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:23 am

hamilton&burr wrote:
daydreamerxoxo wrote:I got so excited when I went into UR3 yesterday. But I just went into UR4 today :(

+1


+1

sigree

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sigree » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:34 am

ReadyToStart wrote:Still UR3. The hope is truly devastating.


Do the all go out at the same time or are DLS staggered?

User avatar
feefeeriri

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby feefeeriri » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:38 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
feefeeriri wrote:So unless you have a date change on Monday, you're unlikely to be a part of Tuesday's wave?



You don't need to have had a date change on Monday. But it seems you need be at least at UR2, and more recently, we're starting to think one must be beyond UR2 (UR3 and sometimes UR4) to go DLS on tuesday.


Okay I'll sit my UR1 1/2 ass back down then

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:52 am

sigree wrote:
ReadyToStart wrote:Still UR3. The hope is truly devastating.


Do the all go out at the same time or are DLS staggered?

General thought is that it's all at the same time. There was one week a while ago where there were some staggered DLS changes but I don't think that's happened again since

User avatar
mtf612

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 1:56 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mtf612 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 am

Still ur2 from 1/17. MyLSN and LSAC gave me an 80% chance at NYU and it has always been my top choice. Feeling gross as though my app has some fatal flaw that the t6 placed me into auto reject territory.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:22 am

mtf612 wrote:Still ur2 from 1/17. MyLSN and LSAC gave me an 80% chance at NYU and it has always been my top choice. Feeling gross as though my app has some fatal flaw that the t6 placed me into auto reject territory.


My LSN gave me a 67% chance. I knew it was a reach, but I was hopeful anyway :/

MyLSN has been very wrong for me this cycle. Shit sucks.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:24 am

mtf612 wrote:Still ur2 from 1/17. MyLSN and LSAC gave me an 80% chance at NYU and it has always been my top choice. Feeling gross as though my app has some fatal flaw that the t6 placed me into auto reject territory.


you got into Penn yesterday!! that's something, friend! rooting for you, tho

User avatar
mtf612

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 1:56 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mtf612 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:27 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
mtf612 wrote:Still ur2 from 1/17. MyLSN and LSAC gave me an 80% chance at NYU and it has always been my top choice. Feeling gross as though my app has some fatal flaw that the t6 placed me into auto reject territory.


you got into Penn yesterday!! that's something, friend! rooting for you, tho


Aww thanks for remembering! I am super stoked for Penn!

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:57 am

After going UR2 yesterday I thought today was the day. Nahhhhh

mangoluvr

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mangoluvr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 pm

DLS!

UR dates: 1/11, 3/15, 3/16

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:25 pm

mtf612 wrote:Still ur2 from 1/17. MyLSN and LSAC gave me an 80% chance at NYU and it has always been my top choice. Feeling gross as though my app has some fatal flaw that the t6 placed me into auto reject territory.

+1. Also UR2 1/17 with 80% MyLSN chances. Maybe a Why NYU would have made a difference...

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby wildquest8200 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:28 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
mtf612 wrote:Still ur2 from 1/17. MyLSN and LSAC gave me an 80% chance at NYU and it has always been my top choice. Feeling gross as though my app has some fatal flaw that the t6 placed me into auto reject territory.

+1. Also UR2 1/17 with 80% MyLSN chances. Maybe a Why NYU would have made a difference...


UR2 1/17 crew is AFAIK still kickin - have a good feeling for next week to hear either way (refer to: the power of positive thinking)

RPlatt85

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RPlatt85 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Pozzo wrote:DLS!


Congrats dude

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:53 pm

wildquest8200 wrote:
goldenbear2020 wrote:
mtf612 wrote:Still ur2 from 1/17. MyLSN and LSAC gave me an 80% chance at NYU and it has always been my top choice. Feeling gross as though my app has some fatal flaw that the t6 placed me into auto reject territory.

+1. Also UR2 1/17 with 80% MyLSN chances. Maybe a Why NYU would have made a difference...


UR2 1/17 crew is AFAIK still kickin - have a good feeling for next week to hear either way (refer to: the power of positive thinking)


Literally let me know what makes a difference, golden. I've sent Why NYU, LOCI, applied ED, additional rec from alum.

Here I am UR 10/31 tho.

User avatar
confitdecanard

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:43 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby confitdecanard » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:57 pm

jessmeesh wrote:
mtf612 wrote:Still ur2 from 1/17. MyLSN and LSAC gave me an 80% chance at NYU and it has always been my top choice. Feeling gross as though my app has some fatal flaw that the t6 placed me into auto reject territory.


My LSN gave me a 67% chance. I knew it was a reach, but I was hopeful anyway :/

MyLSN has been very wrong for me this cycle. Shit sucks.


+1

MyLSN predicted +90% chance for me. Now I doubt I have even 10%. :?

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:09 pm

confitdecanard wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:
mtf612 wrote:Still ur2 from 1/17. MyLSN and LSAC gave me an 80% chance at NYU and it has always been my top choice. Feeling gross as though my app has some fatal flaw that the t6 placed me into auto reject territory.


My LSN gave me a 67% chance. I knew it was a reach, but I was hopeful anyway :/

MyLSN has been very wrong for me this cycle. Shit sucks.


+1

MyLSN predicted +90% chance for me. Now I doubt I have even 10%. :?


Lmao it gave me 100%

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm

addie1412 wrote: Lmao it gave me 100%



I can't.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Pozzo wrote:DLS!

Awesome. Great news man. 8)

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Nightwing » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 pm

jessmeesh wrote:MyLSN has been very wrong for me this cycle. Shit sucks.


+999,999,999

I literally have nothing. Not a single acceptance from anywhere. NYU's going to be the next WL in a long line of 70-80% chance schools. Kill me, please.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests