NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
35%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
27
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 139

ReadyToStart

New
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:43 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ReadyToStart » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:27 pm

UR3 after being UR2 since 12/15, hoping for some good news!

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:28 pm

ReadyToStart wrote:UR3 after being UR2 since 12/15, hoping for some good news!

Good luck!!!

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Can anybody tell me why NYU hates me so much?

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby wildquest8200 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:53 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Can anybody tell me why NYU hates me so much?


But actually :(

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:15 pm

I think now is a good time to resurrect this. ReadytoStart also gave us late waiters some hope today; they applied in November and had no UR change since December until today.

2015 Miraclez: Accepted from Waitlist
May 10th
May 25th
June 1st
June 8th
June 13th
June 23rd
Hope for Waitlisted Reverse Splitters: 163, 4.18; 164, 3.97; 162, 3.71 - all ultimately accepted and 2/3 non-URM.
Hope for Waitlisted Splitters: 170, 3.35 & 172, 3.25 - all ultimately accepted/non-URM

2015 Decision Days:
Waitlist: 4/13, 4/19, 4/20
Rejections: 3/21 and 3/22, 4/4, 4/7, and many on 4/8
Acceptances: via TLS, as late as April 7th; via LSN, several between 3/15 and 3/30. No acceptances noted in April (on LSN)

Acceptance Waves: 3/15, 3/22, 3/29 (all Tuesdays)

User avatar
sfn91

Bronze
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sfn91 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:17 pm

I found a typo in the Why NYU essay I submitted. FML. Missing word. Hopefully that frees a spot up for y'all!

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:19 pm

If I hear the phrase "holistic approach" one more time...

That phrase and "collegial atmosphere" are the two most over-used phrases in this process. They mean nothing lol

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:20 pm

wildquest8200 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Can anybody tell me why NYU hates me so much?


But actually :(

Also looking for an answer to this if anyone has it.

Sincerely,
4ever UR2

ktgjoon

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ktgjoon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:51 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Can anybody tell me why NYU hates me so much?


But actually :(

Also looking for an answer to this if anyone has it.

Sincerely,
4ever UR2


literally same...i applied 13 schools in october and i heard back from literally every single other one by feb 15th and most were before january so like..why does NYU want us to suffer lol

sphyrnidae13

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:19 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sphyrnidae13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Quick question...if I withdraw from an (optional) senior honors thesis I mentioned in my resume, could this be grounds for rescinding an admissions offer? Do I need to notify the school? Thanks

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:20 pm

sphyrnidae13 wrote:Quick question...Thanks

I'd notify the school, especially since I highly doubt that even comes close to something that would cause them to rescind an offer.

gypsyroselily

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gypsyroselily » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Went UR3 today after going UR2 on HALLOWEEN. I know a Friday update is likely not great news, but NYU has taken so long that I'm already happily committed (mentally, waiting on scholarship negotiations to sign) to another option. At this point, I'm relieved to know that the person who updates status checkers isn't dead and I'm not very interested in the results beyond hoping they don't ruin my streak. September to March with no word, goodness gracious.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:28 pm

gypsyroselily wrote:Went UR3 today after going UR2 on HALLOWEEN. I know a Friday update is likely not great news, but NYU has taken so long that I'm already happily committed (mentally, waiting on scholarship negotiations to sign) to another option. At this point, I'm relieved to know that the person who updates status checkers isn't dead and I'm not very interested in the results beyond hoping they don't ruin my streak. September to March with no word, goodness gracious.


Lol... I'm still at my Halloween UR.
Yeah, guys. I give up.

hegotmoneyyyyy

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hegotmoneyyyyy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:58 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Can anybody tell me why NYU hates me so much?


RT!!! Still sitting at UR1 Nov. 10th...

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:05 am

I need you guys UR from last fall to get accepted already so I can whine about my UR1 from mid January without getting shade thrown at me. :D

User avatar
WordsworthIsBae

Bronze
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WordsworthIsBae » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:32 am

Instrumental wrote:I need you guys UR from last fall to get accepted already so I can whine about my UR1 from mid January without getting shade thrown at me. :D


+1

Benzmeister

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:33 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Benzmeister » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:19 am

ktgjoon wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Can anybody tell me why NYU hates me so much?


But actually :(

Also looking for an answer to this if anyone has it.

Sincerely,
4ever UR2


literally same...i applied 13 schools in october and i heard back from literally every single other one by feb 15th and most were before january so like..why does NYU want us to suffer lol

Sitting with a 175+and 3.9+ and no word since my Jan app...
Is there a fatal flaw in my softs that I'm unaware of? There goes my scholly too...

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Benzmeister wrote: Sitting with a 175+and 3.9+ and no word since my Jan app...
Is there a fatal flaw in my softs that I'm unaware of? There goes my scholly too...


You've really not waited long enough to worry, no offense. Just stay positive for now until at least the end of the first week of April, after which it seems they turn the page and begin to waitlist everyone left.

Benzmeister

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:33 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Benzmeister » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:19 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Benzmeister wrote: Sitting with a 175+and 3.9+ and no word since my Jan app...
Is there a fatal flaw in my softs that I'm unaware of? There goes my scholly too...


You've really not waited long enough to worry, no offense. Just stay positive for now until at least the end of the first week of April, after which it seems they turn the page and begin to waitlist everyone left.

Applied on the deadline for the anbryce so I figured they'd take a look at it to see if they'd interview me for that
Apparently I didn't make the cut for that and I'm back in the regular stack ... it's not that long of a wait all and all but I def bombed the Ambryce and Jacobson ..
hoping for an acceptance at least:)
Good luck to you too!

User avatar
xinaii

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby xinaii » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:31 pm

UR2 since 2/10.... Am I waiting for a Ding/WL?? :shock: :shock:

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:49 pm

xinaii wrote:UR2 since 2/10.... Am I waiting for a Ding/WL?? :shock: :shock:

Not necessarily. Some UR2s from late Jan just went UR3 last week, which likely means in next week.

User avatar
Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:07 am

UR3 on 3/17 apparently. This is the last school I'm waiting for so I'm really hoping to get closure today/tomorrow.

j2sh

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby j2sh » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:16 am

I've been UR1 since early November, jealous anyone?

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:44 am

j2sh wrote:I've been UR1 since early November, jealous anyone?

I'm soup jelly.

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby taxman14 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:50 am

Got a full ride on Friday but forgot to post on here - excited to visit!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests