NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
36%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
26
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 138

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:58 pm

potterotter wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:Not to cause mass hysteria but somebody just reported being accepted today on LSN?!?!


Aaaaaaand, cue mass hysteria


They have the same GPA as me but a lower lsat :(


So what? Maybe they did more than you in undergrad, or wrote a better PS, or have a better application period. In fact, based off the fact they've been accepted its probably all of above. These "they are not as good as me based on numbers but they got in :( :( :( " are worse humble bragging and this isn't the first I see from you. Stop putting people down :roll:


wow that was really aggressive and uncalled for. i didn't take keilz' post as a humblebrag or put down at all. it's somewhat easier to understand when someone with stellar stats gets an acceptance, but it's harder when it's someone with similar stats to you when you've been waiting for a long time - more like "see they're taking people with similar stats to me, why haven't i heard anything yet/what's wrong with my app/why don't they like me"

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby StopLawying » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
potterotter wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:Not to cause mass hysteria but somebody just reported being accepted today on LSN?!?!


Aaaaaaand, cue mass hysteria


They have the same GPA as me but a lower lsat :(


So what? Maybe they did more than you in undergrad, or wrote a better PS, or have a better application period. In fact, based off the fact they've been accepted its probably all of above. These "they are not as good as me based on numbers but they got in :( :( :( " are worse humble bragging and this isn't the first I see from you. Stop putting people down :roll:


wow that was really aggressive and uncalled for. i didn't take keilz' post as a humblebrag or put down at all. it's somewhat easier to understand when someone with stellar stats gets an acceptance, but it's harder when it's someone with similar stats to you when you've been waiting for a long time - more like "see they're taking people with similar stats to me, why haven't i heard anything yet/what's wrong with my app/why don't they like me"


+1, you're overreacting dude

brennakate

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brennakate » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:00 pm

In just now via email! UR2 on 3/7.

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:04 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VA2lawschool

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VA2lawschool » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:15 pm

potterotter wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
potterotter wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:Not to cause mass hysteria but somebody just reported being accepted today on LSN?!?!


Aaaaaaand, cue mass hysteria


They have the same GPA as me but a lower lsat :(


So what? Maybe they did more than you in undergrad, or wrote a better PS, or have a better application period. In fact, based off the fact they've been accepted its probably all of above. These "they are not as good as me based on numbers but they got in :( :( :( " are worse humble bragging and this isn't the first I see from you. Stop putting people down :roll:


wow that was really aggressive and uncalled for. i didn't take keilz' post as a humblebrag or put down at all. it's somewhat easier to understand when someone with stellar stats gets an acceptance, but it's harder when it's someone with similar stats to you when you've been waiting for a long time - more like "see they're taking people with similar stats to me, why haven't i heard anything yet/what's wrong with my app/why don't they like me"


+1, you're overreacting dude


That's what it was though. There's a ton of possible reasons why someone with a lower GPA/LSAT than you might get in, there's absolutely no need to come on here and cry about it like that. When you say "someone got in with a lower LSAT than me :(" it's saying that you're better and you can't possibly understand why they got in and you didn't. The person that got in is likely in this forum (Sybill seems to know them personally) too. Its rude and unnecessary.

Best way to put it: they have lower LSAT/GPA than you?
SO WHAT?


:shock: I didn't take Keilz's comment as ANY of those things, though. Part of the point of these boards is commiserating, and when people tell you it's 90% a numbers game and someone with your same or lower numbers gets in, it's fair to doubt yourself and be disappointed, if you aren't denigrating others.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Okay guys wait but let's turn our attention to something more important: me.

Literally HOW MANY MORE WEEKS OUGHT SYBILL WAIT??????

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:22 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Alexandros » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:27 pm

potterotter wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote: :shock: I didn't take Keilz's comment as ANY of those things, though. Part of the point of these boards is commiserating, and when people tell you it's 90% a numbers game and someone with your same or lower numbers gets in, it's fair to doubt yourself and be disappointed, if you aren't denigrating others.


Whoever tells you that applying to T14 is 90% a numbers game isn't your friend. It's not fair to put down the other person to 'commiserate' on here. If someone gets in with lower numbers than you it's definitely because there was something else about their application that pulled them in instead. Why come on here (especially if its likely they frequent it too) and wonder how they could have possibly gotten in?

How was stating the simple fact that someone with lower numbers got in putting that person down? Nothing negative was said to or about the person that got in.

VA2lawschool

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VA2lawschool » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Alexandros wrote:
potterotter wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote: :shock: I didn't take Keilz's comment as ANY of those things, though. Part of the point of these boards is commiserating, and when people tell you it's 90% a numbers game and someone with your same or lower numbers gets in, it's fair to doubt yourself and be disappointed, if you aren't denigrating others.


Whoever tells you that applying to T14 is 90% a numbers game isn't your friend. It's not fair to put down the other person to 'commiserate' on here. If someone gets in with lower numbers than you it's definitely because there was something else about their application that pulled them in instead. Why come on here (especially if its likely they frequent it too) and wonder how they could have possibly gotten in?

How was stating the simple fact that someone with lower numbers got in putting that person down? Nothing negative was said to or about the person that got in.


^ I would second that. I think the comment can be read as "looks like they are looking at people with similar numbers and I'm afraid I've been passed over," which says nothing about the other person not deserving their offer of admission.

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:31 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:34 pm

potterotter wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
potterotter wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote: :shock: I didn't take Keilz's comment as ANY of those things, though. Part of the point of these boards is commiserating, and when people tell you it's 90% a numbers game and someone with your same or lower numbers gets in, it's fair to doubt yourself and be disappointed, if you aren't denigrating others.


Whoever tells you that applying to T14 is 90% a numbers game isn't your friend. It's not fair to put down the other person to 'commiserate' on here. If someone gets in with lower numbers than you it's definitely because there was something else about their application that pulled them in instead. Why come on here (especially if its likely they frequent it too) and wonder how they could have possibly gotten in?

How was stating the simple fact that someone with lower numbers got in putting that person down? Nothing negative was said to or about the person that got in.


^ I would second that. I think the comment can be read as "looks like they are looking at people with similar numbers and I'm afraid I've been passed over," which says nothing about the other person not deserving their offer of admission.


That's no what Keilz said though. I repeat: Someone got in with a lower LSAT or GPA than you. So what?


This is ironically bad arbitration methodology but can y'all quit it?! You will never agree so it isn't worth it! You are all successful and talented. You will never meet each other, probably. Let this one go and let's go back to being paranoid neurotics. Love you all!

curry1

Silver
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby curry1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:38 pm

UR3 today after no movement since october! lol

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:39 pm

What's with these two admits today? One via phone call, one email. What's happening here?

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby wildquest8200 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:39 pm

So we just gon ignore the fact that people got in today and most of us didn't get shit? Already had a bad day and now I have to trek into a market for this impending blizzard. Probably won't have eggs milk or bread but hey better have fucking beer I'll tell you that much

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:39 pm

curry1 wrote:UR3 today after no movement since october! lol


You're about to get in

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Hey NYC telemarketer. Not freakin' cool, man.

Now, rational me realizes that there's no way an NYU acceptance would come at 7 PM Eastern, with no DLS yet. But, and I cannot emphasize this point enough, RATIONAL ME LEFT THIS EARTH MONTHS AGO.

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Pozzo wrote:Hey NYC telemarketer. Not freakin' cool, man.

Now, rational me realizes that there's no way an NYU acceptance would come at 7 PM Eastern, with no DLS yet. But, and I cannot emphasize this point enough, RATIONAL ME LEFT THIS EARTH MONTHS AGO.

+1

I got a call from a 617 area code today during the HLS ding wave and I literally thought to myself that it was Harvard calling to reject me.

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:16 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Hey NYC telemarketer. Not freakin' cool, man.

Now, rational me realizes that there's no way an NYU acceptance would come at 7 PM Eastern, with no DLS yet. But, and I cannot emphasize this point enough, RATIONAL ME LEFT THIS EARTH MONTHS AGO.

+1

I got a call from a 617 area code today during the HLS ding wave and I literally thought to myself that it was Harvard calling to reject me.

Hi Ash, it's Harvard. I know we usually do this through email, but...

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Pozzo wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Hey NYC telemarketer. Not freakin' cool, man.

Now, rational me realizes that there's no way an NYU acceptance would come at 7 PM Eastern, with no DLS yet. But, and I cannot emphasize this point enough, RATIONAL ME LEFT THIS EARTH MONTHS AGO.

+1

I got a call from a 617 area code today during the HLS ding wave and I literally thought to myself that it was Harvard calling to reject me.

Hi Ash, it's Harvard. I know we usually do this through email, but...

I kind of want to take a LSAT right know to see if 4 months of thinking with flawed logic has made me better or worse at identifying it.

sigree

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sigree » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Pozzo wrote:What's with these two admits today? One via phone call, one email. What's happening here?


+1

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:23 pm

potterotter wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:Not to cause mass hysteria but somebody just reported being accepted today on LSN?!?!


Aaaaaaand, cue mass hysteria


They have the same GPA as me but a lower lsat :(


So what? Maybe they did more than you in undergrad, or wrote a better PS, or have a better application period. In fact, based off the fact they've been accepted its probably all of above. These "they are not as good as me based on numbers but they got in :( :( :( " are worse humble bragging and this isn't the first I see from you. Stop putting people down :roll:


ITT: a Yale and Harvard admit still trolling TLS to scold applicants agonizing waiting to hear back from their top choices. Lol. :roll:

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby potterotter » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:27 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:30 pm

potterotter wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
potterotter wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:Not to cause mass hysteria but somebody just reported being accepted today on LSN?!?!


Aaaaaaand, cue mass hysteria


They have the same GPA as me but a lower lsat :(


So what? Maybe they did more than you in undergrad, or wrote a better PS, or have a better application period. In fact, based off the fact they've been accepted its probably all of above. These "they are not as good as me based on numbers but they got in :( :( :( " are worse humble bragging and this isn't the first I see from you. Stop putting people down :roll:


ITT: a Yale and Harvard admit still trolling TLS to scold applicants agonizing waiting to hear back from their top choices. Lol. :roll:


In almost every T14 thread: someone complaining about someone else with lower numbers getting in instead of them.

Im not trolling, I was messaged by several people who told me they found her post condescending in some way. But think what you want :wink:


Yeah, it's a product of anxiety. Cut her a break dude. You're done, enjoy. Go have a drink or something

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:32 pm

potterotter wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
potterotter wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:Not to cause mass hysteria but somebody just reported being accepted today on LSN?!?!


Aaaaaaand, cue mass hysteria


They have the same GPA as me but a lower lsat :(


So what? Maybe they did more than you in undergrad, or wrote a better PS, or have a better application period. In fact, based off the fact they've been accepted its probably all of above. These "they are not as good as me based on numbers but they got in :( :( :( " are worse humble bragging and this isn't the first I see from you. Stop putting people down :roll:


ITT: a Yale and Harvard admit still trolling TLS to scold applicants agonizing waiting to hear back from their top choices. Lol. :roll:


In almost every T14 thread: someone complaining about someone else with lower numbers getting in instead of them.

Im not trolling, I was messaged by several people who told me they found her post condescending in some way (that's why I came on this thread in the first place). But think what you want :wink:


sure you were :roll:

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
potterotter wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:Not to cause mass hysteria but somebody just reported being accepted today on LSN?!?!


Aaaaaaand, cue mass hysteria


They have the same GPA as me but a lower lsat :(


So what? Maybe they did more than you in undergrad, or wrote a better PS, or have a better application period. In fact, based off the fact they've been accepted its probably all of above. These "they are not as good as me based on numbers but they got in :( :( :( " are worse humble bragging and this isn't the first I see from you. Stop putting people down :roll:


wow that was really aggressive and uncalled for. i didn't take keilz' post as a humblebrag or put down at all. it's somewhat easier to understand when someone with stellar stats gets an acceptance, but it's harder when it's someone with similar stats to you when you've been waiting for a long time - more like "see they're taking people with similar stats to me, why haven't i heard anything yet/what's wrong with my app/why don't they like me"

+1



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests