NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
36%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
26
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 138

sadie2law

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sadie2law » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:15 pm

dinged for RTK

good luck all!

User avatar
MrJD2020

Bronze
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MrJD2020 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Is there an admitted students thread?

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:26 pm

MrJD2020 wrote:Is there an admitted students thread?


viewtopic.php?f=47&t=274201

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Potential Nor'easter Tuesday. If this disrupts my weekly scheduled auto-refreshing + popcorn eating + work ignoring, I'm going to be #pissed

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:43 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Potential Nor'easter Tuesday. If this disrupts my weekly scheduled auto-refreshing + popcorn eating + work ignoring, I'm going to be #pissed

I'm not sure if you're from/familiar with the northeast but don't trust any weather report that's looking at more that 24-48 hours out (Even that can be iffy). The weather here notoriously changes from day to day. There's still hope!

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:46 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Potential Nor'easter Tuesday. If this disrupts my weekly scheduled auto-refreshing + popcorn eating + work ignoring, I'm going to be #pissed

I'm not sure if you're from/familiar with the northeast but don't trust any weather report that's looking at more that 24-48 hours out (Even that can be iffy). The weather here notoriously changes from day to day. There's still hope!


Hhahha girl I'm from NYC! So you're totally right. I'm just being damn dramatic - it's really all NYU's fault. But yes, I will just hope and pray that the weather changes as it is wont to do here in the Tri-state

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:47 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Potential Nor'easter Tuesday. If this disrupts my weekly scheduled auto-refreshing + popcorn eating + work ignoring, I'm going to be #pissed

I'm not sure if you're from/familiar with the northeast but don't trust any weather report that's looking at more that 24-48 hours out (Even that can be iffy). The weather here notoriously changes from day to day. There's still hope!


Hhahha girl I'm from NYC! So you're totally right. I'm just being damn dramatic - it's really all NYU's fault. But yes, I will just hope and pray that the weather changes as it is wont to do here in the Tri-state

HAha...I guess you're familiar then!! Just making sure...so many people just have no idea and then get screwed trying to actually plan anything based on weather

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:01 pm

ashrice13 wrote:HAha...I guess you're familiar then!! Just making sure...so many people just have no idea and then get screwed trying to actually plan anything based on weather


No worries at all. You're right, seriously - you just can't beat Mother Nature.

Are you also waiting on NYU?

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby taxman14 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:06 pm

When do schollies come out?

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:09 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:HAha...I guess you're familiar then!! Just making sure...so many people just have no idea and then get screwed trying to actually plan anything based on weather


No worries at all. You're right, seriously - you just can't beat Mother Nature.

Are you also waiting on NYU?

Yep. I'm a UR lifer.

LawTweet

Bronze
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LawTweet » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:33 pm

sadie2law wrote:dinged for RTK

good luck all!


Same :/

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:41 pm

Yeah, I guess you can call me a townie on the NYU applicants thread. Stuck where I am with little means of getting out

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:31 pm

I am still UR1 from 11/30 at NYU and UVA :!:

User avatar
hydrohect

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hydrohect » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:05 pm

UR1 11/15. It's gonna be a WL (or reject). But, like, can we get on with it already??

ktgjoon

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ktgjoon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:26 pm

chargers21 wrote:I am still UR1 from 11/30 at NYU and UVA :!:

same!? (only at NYU, didn't apply to UVA) what the heck is up with that though? they're just like not interested in reading our files after one time i guess? i'm trying not to get frustrated/ pessimistic but... idk

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:30 pm

ktgjoon wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I am still UR1 from 11/30 at NYU and UVA :!:

same!? (only at NYU, didn't apply to UVA) what the heck is up with that though? they're just like not interested in reading our files after one time i guess? i'm trying not to get frustrated/ pessimistic but... idk

I have no clue what the hold up is. 4 other t14's already gave me the green light, Chicago let me interview (before politely waitlisting me), and NYU has done..... nothing

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:32 pm

Not having a UR date change yet is okay.
Last year, people who applied even on day 1 were waiting until March for decisions.

If you haven't heard by March 28th, you've got permission to freak out

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:32 pm

chargers21 wrote:I am still UR1 from 11/30 at NYU and UVA :!:

Can we start a UVA/NYU ghosted thread?

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:46 pm

UR2 Halloween crew assemble

I've made peace with it. I'll either hear back this month or be waitlisted/rejected. Whatever man. Can't have the Tuesday tyranny any longer

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:56 pm

Pozzo wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I am still UR1 from 11/30 at NYU and UVA :!:

Can we start a UVA/NYU ghosted thread?

Might as well, we might have a few more months of silence :?

User avatar
hydrohect

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hydrohect » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:28 am

chargers21 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I am still UR1 from 11/30 at NYU and UVA :!:

Can we start a UVA/NYU ghosted thread?

Might as well, we might have a few more months of silence :?

I'd hang out there, but it's gotta have a very scary ghost in the op

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:35 am

Keilz wrote:UR2 Halloween crew assemble

I've made peace with it. I'll either hear back this month or be waitlisted/rejected. Whatever man. Can't have the Tuesday tyranny any longer


#StayStrong

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:09 am

Found two acceptances (on April 7th last year) from people who had applied in early November.

So, nevermind - you can't start worrying until after the first week of April. :)

User avatar
TudoBem

Bronze
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TudoBem » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:42 am

Pozzo wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I am still UR1 from 11/30 at NYU and UVA :!:

Can we start a UVA/NYU ghosted thread?


+1

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:24 am

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 10 guests