NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
36%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
26
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 138

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:50 pm

What exactly is the purpose of waiting until April to waitlist people? Do you guys honestly believe that they're still reviewing people who applied in October and November?

If they already know what they want to do with us, I just can't understand waiting. Acceptances roll out sparsely on the cusp of and in March (take today for example) - so the reality is that most early applicants are bracing for an impact that they're more than reasonable for expecting because of TLS information. and yet the school (whose admissions people are aware of this forum) persist in saving their waitlists for late April, and in spite of what we know on here, we hold out.

Well, I won't stand for it!






*proceeds to stand for it*

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:51 pm

mm2368 wrote:What exactly is the purpose of waiting until April to waitlist people? Do you guys honestly believe that they're still reviewing people who applied in October and November?

If they already know what they want to do with us, I just can't understand waiting. Acceptances roll out sparsely on the cusp of and in March (take today for example) - so the reality is that most early applicants are bracing for an impact that they're more than reasonable for expecting because of TLS information. and yet the school (whose admissions people are aware of this forum) persist in saving their waitlists for late April, and in spite of what we know on here, we hold out.

Well, I won't stand for it!






*proceeds to stand for it*


Literally this

+180

Whatever else the cool kids are saying now that will piss off canafsa

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:52 pm

I feel like NYU takes more people off the WL than other schools. I think they wait for what their deposits are like and then they send feeler emails to WLd people to see if they're still interested so late in the game.

I've seen a lot of median applications who got in, but were WLd first.

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:55 pm

.
Last edited by addie1412 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:01 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
SUNY1995 wrote:Just got a call letting me know that I am in! I applied 1/12 and my LSAT is 25<x<50 and my GPA is >75! So excited, especially since it was completely out of the blue and unexpected.

Welp...those are my stats and I applied the first week of November.

This seems promising.

Edit: Oops. also, congrats!! :D :D :D Sorry for being selfish :oops:

Congrats! those are my stats, too

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
mm2368 wrote:*still standing for it*


Literally this

+180

Whatever else the cool kids are saying now that will piss off canafsa


I saw that whole thing the other day about people speaking a certain way on here and whether they do so also in real life. the amount of energy invested in the conversation truly gave me pause, and during that pause, I thanked a god I don't believe in, because I won't end up at the same school as any of those uptight robot lords.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:04 pm

mm2368 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
mm2368 wrote:*still standing for it*


Literally this

+180

Whatever else the cool kids are saying now that will piss off canafsa


I saw that whole thing the other day about people speaking a certain way on here and whether they do so also in real life. the amount of energy invested in the conversation truly gave me pause, and during that pause, I thanked a god I don't believe in, because I won't end up at the same school as any of those uptight robot lords.


*crying laughing face emoji*

User avatar
Leliana

Bronze
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Leliana » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Literally this

+180

Whatever else the cool kids are saying now that will piss off canafsa


Dying. This is my favorite comment on TLS today.

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
mm2368 wrote:What exactly is the purpose of waiting until April to waitlist people? Do you guys honestly believe that they're still reviewing people who applied in October and November?

If they already know what they want to do with us, I just can't understand waiting. Acceptances roll out sparsely on the cusp of and in March (take today for example) - so the reality is that most early applicants are bracing for an impact that they're more than reasonable for expecting because of TLS information. and yet the school (whose admissions people are aware of this forum) persist in saving their waitlists for late April, and in spite of what we know on here, we hold out.

Well, I won't stand for it!






*proceeds to stand for it*


Literally this

+180

Whatever else the cool kids are saying now that will piss off canafsa

i''m p sure I lol'd at this

Edit: wait. that was also funny AF.

Okay, continue what you were doing
Last edited by ashrice13 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:05 pm

I missed that conversation.. is this about the yas queen one or a different one?

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:06 pm

Keilz wrote:I missed that conversation.. is this about the yas queen one or a different one?


The fact that there are multiple conversations they could be referring to just emphasizes the point I think, lol

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:07 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:I missed that conversation.. is this about the yas queen one or a different one?


The fact that there are multiple conversations they could be referring to just emphasizes the point I think, lol


airwrecka, yes. you just get me.

lg77

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:09 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lg77 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:16 pm

I wonder how many people they've admitted/how many more they're planning to admit

alpinespring

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alpinespring » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:42 pm

Received a congratulatory call today. More info about scholarship, etc coming by paper mail.

Applied end of Jan. Complete mid-Feb.
LSAT & GPA > 75. non-URM. Significant WE

I didn't go to an elite undergrad nor have I accomplished anything meaningful really (in terms of impacting the community in a positive way).

I have average IQ (started out in low 150s on LSAT). I'm just a lowly temp and nothing about my CV makes me stand out. But I think NYU is giving people of humble background like me a chance to serve the community in a meaningful way.

Honestly, I think all of us are pretty equal in terms of cognitive capacity (the difference between 174 and 167 is really marginal, in my opinion). I think what NYU really values and respects is a genuine commitment to serve the community and especially caring about problems affecting other ethnic/minority groups. I think that made up for all of the weaknesses in my app (which were aplenty).

I hope all of you receive congratulatory calls soon! Good luck!

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Wow!

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:06 pm

alpinespring wrote:Received a congratulatory call today. More info about scholarship, etc coming by paper mail.

Applied end of Jan. Complete mid-Feb.
LSAT & GPA > 75. non-URM. Significant WE

I didn't go to an elite undergrad nor have I accomplished anything meaningful really (in terms of impacting the community in a positive way).

I have average IQ (started out in low 150s on LSAT). I'm just a lowly temp and nothing about my CV makes me stand out. But I think NYU is giving people of humble background like me a chance to serve the community in a meaningful way.

Honestly, I think all of us are pretty equal in terms of cognitive capacity (the difference between 174 and 167 is really marginal, in my opinion). I think what NYU really values and respects is a genuine commitment to serve the community and especially caring about problems affecting other ethnic/minority groups. I think that made up for all of the weaknesses in my app (which were aplenty).

I hope all of you receive congratulatory calls soon! Good luck!

Congrats! A 172+ LSAT is better than 99th percentile - definitely not a humble achievement.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Leliana wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Literally this

+180

Whatever else the cool kids are saying now that will piss off canafsa


Dying. This is my favorite comment on TLS today.


Oh stop :oops:

I feel like I go up against canafsa like once a week but I actually do appreciate their presence and different opinions on this site.

Plus also I think they got into H, so whatever, fuck 'em

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby RParadela » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Keilz wrote:I feel like NYU takes more people off the WL than other schools. I think they wait for what their deposits are like and then they send feeler emails to WLd people to see if they're still interested so late in the game.

I've seen a lot of median applications who got in, but were WLd first.


NYU has the highest WL yield of any T14 I believe, so this would be correct

sadie2law

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sadie2law » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Fellow people waiting to hear back about RTK,

I got a notification from LinkedIn that someone had viewed my linkedin profile, and when I looked to see who it was, I saw that it's a current RTK JD scholar. Trying not to get my hopes up but also hoping that's a good sign ... Also hoping they have my resume on hand because my volunteer work on linkedin was SUPER out of date.

VA2lawschool

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VA2lawschool » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:05 pm

sadie2law wrote:Fellow people waiting to hear back about RTK,

I got a notification from LinkedIn that someone had viewed my linkedin profile, and when I looked to see who it was, I saw that it's a current RTK JD scholar. Trying not to get my hopes up but also hoping that's a good sign ... Also hoping they have my resume on hand because my volunteer work on linkedin was SUPER out of date.


Good to know! Glad to see there's still hope for those of us still in purgatory. :D

User avatar
nimbus cloud

Silver
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nimbus cloud » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:14 pm

In via e-mail. Any significance to the fact that they didn't call me? :o
Last edited by nimbus cloud on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zipman

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Zipman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:16 pm

addie1412 wrote:When are they gonna do >75 LSAT and <25 GPA


cmon don't they know GPA is for nerds and LSAT is the best

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chandhi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:21 pm

nimbus cloud wrote:In via e-mail. Any significant to the fact that they didn't call me? :o

Any significance to the fact that I still don't have a call OR email despite ASW trick working? :?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:21 pm

chandhi wrote:
nimbus cloud wrote:In via e-mail. Any significant to the fact that they didn't call me? :o

Any significance to the fact that I still don't have a call OR email despite ASW trick working? :?


y'all are playing, right?

User avatar
Leliana

Bronze
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Leliana » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Another missed 212 call, another freakout about RTK, another voicemail about a restaurant reservation. I'll never learn, will I... :roll:



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests