NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
35%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
27
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 139

lawschool2017712

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawschool2017712 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:12 pm

x
Last edited by lawschool2017712 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2318
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Where are my non-January UR2 people?

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:15 pm

lawschool2017712 wrote:UR 2 1/13..... patiently waiting :roll:

I thought I was the only UR2 1/13

I'm....less than patiently waiting....

kiwi50

Bronze
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby kiwi50 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:16 pm

.
Last edited by kiwi50 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lg77

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:09 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lg77 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Keilz wrote:Where are my non-January UR2 people?


UR1 10/11.......

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:18 pm

UR1 1/5

:?

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Pozzo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:18 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:UR 2 1/13..... patiently waiting :roll:

I thought I was the only UR2 1/13

I'm....less than patiently waiting....

To quote a pretty obscure musical about the American revolution: "I'm past patiently waiting..."

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2318
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:19 pm

lg77 wrote:
Keilz wrote:Where are my non-January UR2 people?


UR1 10/11.......


we must stick together!

User avatar
lawlzschool

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawlzschool » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:21 pm

kiwi50 wrote:UR2 1/01 :roll:


same :'(

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Keilz wrote:
lg77 wrote:
Keilz wrote:Where are my non-January UR2 people?


UR1 10/11.......


we must stick together!

2016 waiters 4eva! UR2 11/28

Catsinspace

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Catsinspace » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:26 pm

.
Last edited by Catsinspace on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hamilton&burr

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hamilton&burr » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Pozzo wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
lawschool2017712 wrote:UR 2 1/13..... patiently waiting :roll:

I thought I was the only UR2 1/13

I'm....less than patiently waiting....

To quote a pretty obscure musical about the American revolution: "I'm past patiently waiting..."

Hopefully the rest of the line holds: "...I'm passionately smashing every expectation"

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby govlife » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:37 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
Keilz wrote:
lg77 wrote:
Keilz wrote:Where are my non-January UR2 people?


UR1 10/11.......


we must stick together!

2016 waiters 4eva! UR2 11/28

Same.

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stephylynette » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:49 pm

govlife wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Keilz wrote:
lg77 wrote:
Keilz wrote:Where are my non-January UR2 people?


UR1 10/11.......


we must stick together!

2016 waiters 4eva! UR2 11/28

Same.


Present!

User avatar
notorious_mig

Bronze
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notorious_mig » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Persianlsnyc wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Y'all I'm DLS and out of the country so idk if I'm gonna get a call or not but I can't get into ASW and I also have a gross disgusting virus rn which is an important part of the story because we should all feel bad for me that I'm being tormented not only by law schools but also by microscopic beings

Anyways has DLS on a Tuesday ever been bad news? Thx 4 ur insight~~~

XOXO Bubonic Plague Girl


DLS on Tuesday is good news. Congrats!

Still UR :(


Ahhhh thank you kindly! I am a Belieber in you I have no doubt you'll hear good news from NYU soon!

User avatar
notorious_mig

Bronze
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notorious_mig » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:50 pm

confitdecanard wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Y'all I'm DLS and out of the country so idk if I'm gonna get a call or not but I can't get into ASW and I also have a gross disgusting virus rn which is an important part of the story because we should all feel bad for me that I'm being tormented not only by law schools but also by microscopic beings

Anyways has DLS on a Tuesday ever been bad news? Thx 4 ur insight~~~

XOXO Bubonic Plague Girl


Congrats for going DLS and hope it's good news for you! Here still UR2 and slowly dying inside


Thank you kindly! It ended up being buena noticia woohoo! No doubt you'll hear good things soon. You got this ma!

User avatar
notorious_mig

Bronze
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby notorious_mig » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Does anyone know if you hear about named scholarships upon being admitted or if that comes later? Like hypothetically if someone applied for a scholarship (say, the Latinx Rights one) and just got in today via ASW and also happens to have the bubonic plague right now how/when would that person find out about the scholarship she applied to

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:58 pm

UR1 12/2. I am super confused. Admitted to so many schools (including Columbia a while ago) but I have been ghosted here. NYU is one of my top three choices :(.

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NotAGolfer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:16 pm

jjcorvino wrote:UR1 12/2. I am super confused. Admitted to so many schools (including Columbia a while ago) but I have been ghosted here. NYU is one of my top three choices :(.

Me too. Really hoping NYU isn't pulling a Cornell this cycle :?

User avatar
call-me-bubbles

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:20 pm

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby wildquest8200 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:21 pm

call-me-bubbles wrote:So, the end of February is here, and still UR2. Is it safe to assume I'm out of the running for named scholarships? (I thought we'd hear by the end of February if we were a finalist.)


hoping 2/28 DLS can mean 2/28 named scholly notifications as well but wild speculation is all i have left at this point

Catsinspace

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Catsinspace » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:22 pm

.
Last edited by Catsinspace on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:25 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:UR1 12/2. I am super confused. Admitted to so many schools (including Columbia a while ago) but I have been ghosted here. NYU is one of my top three choices :(.

Me too. Really hoping NYU isn't pulling a Cornell this cycle :?


Looking at their graph, there doesn't seem to be a clear cutoff for GPA/LSAT. For example, there is a 172/3.41 non-urm admitted. So they are definitely taking splitters and reverse splitters.

http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1617

Sadnessandmisfortune

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sadnessandmisfortune » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Keilz wrote:
Sadnessandmisfortune wrote:Today is my birthday. NYU, please give me a gift for my birthday!!!


Happy birthday!

At this rate, I won't hear until my birthday.

My birthday is in August.


Thanks! Still nada.

Sadnessandmisfortune

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sadnessandmisfortune » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:33 pm

I wonder if something odd is going on today? Usually I wake up and see several people posting DLS but there's only one person today so far. Maybe....second wave? Please? :(



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests