NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
36%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
26
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 138

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:16 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:It's officially mid November.


Remember, remember, the mid of November!

User avatar
Nickel94

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:42 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Nickel94 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:It's officially mid November.


Honestly, me af.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:46 pm

Nickel94 wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:It's officially mid November.


Honestly, me af.


Same. Guess it could be anytime this week :(

mosunny

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:16 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mosunny » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Is it worth my time, as someone who will be coming straight from undergrad to law school, to apply to any of the merit scholarships that requrire additional applications? I looked through the online bios and it seems like virtually none of the scholars came straight from undergrad... I also know NYU's class last year about 75% had taken time off from undergrad

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:10 pm

mosunny wrote:Is it worth my time, as someone who will be coming straight from undergrad to law school, to apply to any of the merit scholarships that requrire additional applications? I looked through the online bios and it seems like virtually none of the scholars came straight from undergrad... I also know NYU's class last year about 75% had taken time off from undergrad


Why not at least try? It can't hurt you, and even if the chance you'll get the scholarship is very slim, there is still that small chance that you WILL get it! Especially if you had a very interesting/compelling undergrad and did lots of atypical things.

judill

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby judill » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:47 am

Just went DLS!

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TAD » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:55 am

judill wrote:Just went DLS!

Same

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby R. Jeeves » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:55 am

What does Decision Letter Sent mean? Are we waiting on physical letters now?

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:56 am

judill wrote:Just went DLS!


I had a feeling it would be today. I'm still at UR 10/31. What are your dates?

judill

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby judill » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 am

Keilz wrote:
judill wrote:Just went DLS!


I had a feeling it would be today. I'm still at UR 10/31. What are your dates?

Submitted 10/4 (ED), UR1 on 10/13, UR 2 on 10/19. DLS today (11/16).

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TAD » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 am

R. Jeeves wrote:What does Decision Letter Sent mean? Are we waiting on physical letters now?


From the what you're expecting when you're expecting thread, it seems like it

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 am

judill wrote:
Keilz wrote:
judill wrote:Just went DLS!


I had a feeling it would be today. I'm still at UR 10/31. What are your dates?

Submitted 10/4 (ED), UR1 on 10/13, UR 2 on 10/19. DLS today (11/16).


oh are you guys all ED?

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TAD » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:59 am

Keilz wrote:
judill wrote:
Keilz wrote:
judill wrote:Just went DLS!


I had a feeling it would be today. I'm still at UR 10/31. What are your dates?

Submitted 10/4 (ED), UR1 on 10/13, UR 2 on 10/19. DLS today (11/16).


oh are you guys all ED?


I'm not.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:00 am

TAD wrote:
Keilz wrote:
judill wrote:
Keilz wrote:
judill wrote:Just went DLS!


I had a feeling it would be today. I'm still at UR 10/31. What are your dates?

Submitted 10/4 (ED), UR1 on 10/13, UR 2 on 10/19. DLS today (11/16).


oh are you guys all ED?


I'm not.


Crap, and you went DLS?

curry1

Silver
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby curry1 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:02 am

is it possible that more of us will go DLS today? or do the waves happen all at once per day?

smartmoon

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby smartmoon » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:04 am

.
Last edited by smartmoon on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:04 am

the "what to expect" thread says acceptances come via phone call. though you can also check try the admitted students page.

nslaw123

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby nslaw123 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:04 am

curry1 wrote:is it possible that more of us will go DLS today? or do the waves happen all at once per day?


Just read through last year's thread- seems like they go out in waves for a few hours.

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TAD » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:05 am

Keilz wrote:
TAD wrote:
Keilz wrote:
judill wrote:
Keilz wrote:
judill wrote:Just went DLS!


I had a feeling it would be today. I'm still at UR 10/31. What are your dates?

Submitted 10/4 (ED), UR1 on 10/13, UR 2 on 10/19. DLS today (11/16).


oh are you guys all ED?


I'm not.


Crap, and you went DLS?


Yep. Submitted 09/29, complete 10/11, don't remember when I went UR1, UR2 10/25

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:05 am

nslaw123 wrote:
curry1 wrote:is it possible that more of us will go DLS today? or do the waves happen all at once per day?


Just read through last year's thread- seems like they go out in waves for a few hours.


Thank goodness you are able to look through and confirm. I felt sick since I'm still under UR and this is my top school and I'm in the range.....I didn't think I would feel so physically affected!

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TAD » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:06 am

proteinshake wrote:the "what to expect" thread says acceptances come via phone call. though you can also check try the admitted students page.


I tried that. Either I got rejected or it didn't work for me lol.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:07 am

TAD wrote:
proteinshake wrote:the "what to expect" thread says acceptances come via phone call. though you can also check try the admitted students page.


I tried that. Either I got rejected or it didn't work for me lol.


think it can take awhile to work

judill

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby judill » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:08 am

TAD wrote:
proteinshake wrote:the "what to expect" thread says acceptances come via phone call. though you can also check try the admitted students page.


I tried that. Either I got rejected or it didn't work for me lol.

Admitted Students hasn't worked for me either.

User avatar
beckettbuddy

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:11 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby beckettbuddy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:10 am

DLS as of today. Applied 10/20. Does this mean I'm in?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:14 am

Keilz wrote:
TAD wrote:
proteinshake wrote:the "what to expect" thread says acceptances come via phone call. though you can also check try the admitted students page.


I tried that. Either I got rejected or it didn't work for me lol.


think it can take awhile to work

yeah I'm sure it doesn't work immediately. just wait for the call!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests