NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
35%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
27
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 139

CPA-->JD

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CPA-->JD » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:06 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Keilz wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
jonofalltrades wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Dinged :|


So disappointed for you. I appreciated your input on this forum.


Thanks. Am currently trying to decide if I should just go to one of the schools I've been accepted to, one being Michigan with no money :|, or sit out and retake.


Did you score lower than you did on PTs?


Meh, scored around the same but also started feeling really anxious about not being ready like the week of the LSAT and broke 170 more than once. In fact, I scored over 170 like three times in a row in mid-September and then had a drop to 167 (which ended up being my actual LSAT score), scored two more above 170 the week of the twentieth, then dropped AGAIN to 165 --- and probably started panicking around then. Also didn't study very long before the Sept test because I was worried about burning out (maybe two or two and a half months). I really don't WANT to sit out but also... I just don't know.

Why don't you hedge by signing up for the June LSAT and put deposit on your best choice?

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:08 pm

That really stinks, I was rooting for you brinicolec. Waiting another year seems like a set back, but at least financially, you could find yourself further ahead by waiting, performing even better, and getting more law school bucks than incurring a colossal debt from law school with no money right now. Seems like you were on the cusp of laying out some consistent 98+ percentile scores. Might be worth it. Good luck to you either way though!

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2319
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:09 pm

CPA-->JD wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Keilz wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
jonofalltrades wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Dinged :|


So disappointed for you. I appreciated your input on this forum.


Thanks. Am currently trying to decide if I should just go to one of the schools I've been accepted to, one being Michigan with no money :|, or sit out and retake.


Did you score lower than you did on PTs?


Meh, scored around the same but also started feeling really anxious about not being ready like the week of the LSAT and broke 170 more than once. In fact, I scored over 170 like three times in a row in mid-September and then had a drop to 167 (which ended up being my actual LSAT score), scored two more above 170 the week of the twentieth, then dropped AGAIN to 165 --- and probably started panicking around then. Also didn't study very long before the Sept test because I was worried about burning out (maybe two or two and a half months). I really don't WANT to sit out but also... I just don't know.

Why don't you hedge by signing up for the June LSAT and put deposit on your best choice?


This might be good - this way you can fight for more money at Michigan

User avatar
btruj777

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:31 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby btruj777 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:10 pm

CPA-->JD wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Keilz wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
jonofalltrades wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Dinged :|


So disappointed for you. I appreciated your input on this forum.


Thanks. Am currently trying to decide if I should just go to one of the schools I've been accepted to, one being Michigan with no money :|, or sit out and retake.


Did you score lower than you did on PTs?


Meh, scored around the same but also started feeling really anxious about not being ready like the week of the LSAT and broke 170 more than once. In fact, I scored over 170 like three times in a row in mid-September and then had a drop to 167 (which ended up being my actual LSAT score), scored two more above 170 the week of the twentieth, then dropped AGAIN to 165 --- and probably started panicking around then. Also didn't study very long before the Sept test because I was worried about burning out (maybe two or two and a half months). I really don't WANT to sit out but also... I just don't know.

Why don't you hedge by signing up for the June LSAT and put deposit on your best choice?



I had a similar experience and will be signing up for the JUNE lsat, I really do not want to sit out either. I do not know if schools consider the JUNE lsat when getting of the WL but its worth a shot right?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Keilz wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Keilz wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
jonofalltrades wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Dinged :|


So disappointed for you. I appreciated your input on this forum.


Thanks. Am currently trying to decide if I should just go to one of the schools I've been accepted to, one being Michigan with no money :|, or sit out and retake.


Did you score lower than you did on PTs?


Meh, scored around the same but also started feeling really anxious about not being ready like the week of the LSAT and broke 170 more than once. In fact, I scored over 170 like three times in a row in mid-September and then had a drop to 167 (which ended up being my actual LSAT score), scored two more above 170 the week of the twentieth, then dropped AGAIN to 165 --- and probably started panicking around then. Also didn't study very long before the Sept test because I was worried about burning out (maybe two or two and a half months). I really don't WANT to sit out but also... I just don't know.

Why don't you hedge by signing up for the June LSAT and put deposit on your best choice?


This might be good - this way you can fight for more money at Michigan


I've considered this but how much money is even left by that time?! And also, if I were to do so (maybe I'll sit down and take a PT today to see where I stand), would I have to tell schools I intend to retake even though it's after everyone's deadlines?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:12 pm

btruj777 wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Keilz wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
jonofalltrades wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Dinged :|


So disappointed for you. I appreciated your input on this forum.


Thanks. Am currently trying to decide if I should just go to one of the schools I've been accepted to, one being Michigan with no money :|, or sit out and retake.


Did you score lower than you did on PTs?


Meh, scored around the same but also started feeling really anxious about not being ready like the week of the LSAT and broke 170 more than once. In fact, I scored over 170 like three times in a row in mid-September and then had a drop to 167 (which ended up being my actual LSAT score), scored two more above 170 the week of the twentieth, then dropped AGAIN to 165 --- and probably started panicking around then. Also didn't study very long before the Sept test because I was worried about burning out (maybe two or two and a half months). I really don't WANT to sit out but also... I just don't know.

Why don't you hedge by signing up for the June LSAT and put deposit on your best choice?



I had a similar experience and will be signing up for the JUNE lsat, I really do not want to sit out either. I do not know if schools consider the JUNE lsat when getting of the WL but its worth a shot right?


I believe that people say the June LSAT is a good way to help get yourself off WL (assuming your score increases, of course)

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2319
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:53 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Keilz wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Keilz wrote:[quote

So disappointed for you. I appreciated your input on this forum.


Thanks. Am currently trying to decide if I should just go to one of the schools I've been accepted to, one being Michigan with no money :|, or sit out and retake.


Did you score lower than you did on PTs?


Meh, scored around the same but also started feeling really anxious about not being ready like the week of the LSAT and broke 170 more than once. In fact, I scored over 170 like three times in a row in mid-September and then had a drop to 167 (which ended up being my actual LSAT score), scored two more above 170 the week of the twentieth, then dropped AGAIN to 165 --- and probably started panicking around then. Also didn't study very long before the Sept test because I was worried about burning out (maybe two or two and a half months). I really don't WANT to sit out but also... I just don't know.

Why don't you hedge by signing up for the June LSAT and put deposit on your best choice?


This might be good - this way you can fight for more money at Michigan[/quote]

I've considered this but how much money is even left by that time?! And also, if I were to do so (maybe I'll sit down and take a PT today to see where I stand), would I have to tell schools I intend to retake even though it's after everyone's deadlines?[/quote]

Well if they don't have any more money then you can sit out, knowing that you have a great lsat.

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pleasesendhelp » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Anyone looking at law school numbers NYU page and seeing SO much green all over the graph then coming here to be super heartbroken by the dings of great candidates? Also, counting the dots shows that close to 100 have been admitted thus far. Leaves about 1700 admits left (less or more probably due to unreported applicants and increase in applications)

http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1617

:?

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:11 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:Anyone looking at law school numbers NYU page and seeing SO much green all over the graph then coming here to be super heartbroken by the dings of great candidates? Also, counting the dots shows that close to 100 have been admitted thus far. Leaves about 1700 admits left (less or more probably due to unreported applicants and increase in applications)

http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1617

:?


That's kind of insane to think about. :shock:

Though I'm sure a LOT more than 100 have been admitted.

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby pleasesendhelp » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:17 pm

addie1412 wrote:
pleasesendhelp wrote:Anyone looking at law school numbers NYU page and seeing SO much green all over the graph then coming here to be super heartbroken by the dings of great candidates? Also, counting the dots shows that close to 100 have been admitted thus far. Leaves about 1700 admits left (less or more probably due to unreported applicants and increase in applications)

http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1617

:?


That's kind of insane to think about. :shock:

Though I'm sure a LOT more than 100 have been admitted.


It's terrifying.

jza1994

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jza1994 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:25 pm

So sorry for those that got dinged. I'm sure that I'll be joining you at the DING bar as soon as they get around to looking at my app. Good luck on the rest of your cycles!

User avatar
christinaxcarrie

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:58 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby christinaxcarrie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:27 pm

brinicolec wrote:Dinged :|


So sorry!!! I'm still in limbo but I'm not holding my breath for an acceptance either.

funzies

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby funzies » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:50 pm

UR 2 today! Applied 1/7. Anyone else on a similar timeline?

addie1412

Silver
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:08 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
pleasesendhelp wrote:Anyone looking at law school numbers NYU page and seeing SO much green all over the graph then coming here to be super heartbroken by the dings of great candidates? Also, counting the dots shows that close to 100 have been admitted thus far. Leaves about 1700 admits left (less or more probably due to unreported applicants and increase in applications)

http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1617

:?


That's kind of insane to think about. :shock:

Though I'm sure a LOT more than 100 have been admitted.


It's terrifying.


This paints a much bleaker for those of us still waiting: there are currently 117 acceptances for the 2016-2017 cycle on LSN. There were 224 total LSN acceptances for the 2015-2016 cycle. Of course, LSN is probably used more frequently with each new cycle...

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby govlife » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:34 pm

So sorry to hear, bri! I check out for a couple days and then this happens. You could kill it on the June test, but you could also kill it at any school you end up at, too. Good luck!

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Nightwing » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:57 pm

funzies wrote:UR 2 today! Applied 1/7. Anyone else on a similar timeline?


Yep. I applied a few days earlier than you and went UR2 a few days ago.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:08 pm

Hmm, I applied on January 3rd and am still UR as of the 19th.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:15 pm

govlife wrote:So sorry to hear, bri! I check out for a couple days and then this happens. You could kill it on the June test, but you could also kill it at any school you end up at, too. Good luck!


Thank you! I think I'll try the June LSAT and see what happens but still deposit somewhere just in case.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rigo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:39 pm

brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:So sorry to hear, bri! I check out for a couple days and then this happens. You could kill it on the June test, but you could also kill it at any school you end up at, too. Good luck!

Thank you! I think I'll try the June LSAT and see what happens but still deposit somewhere just in case.

That's my thinKing now as well.

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Nightwing » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:52 pm

Instrumental wrote:Hmm, I applied on January 3rd and am still UR as of the 19th.


I was under the impression that UR2, UR3, etc. didn't really mean anything.

funzies

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby funzies » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Nightwing wrote:
funzies wrote:UR 2 today! Applied 1/7. Anyone else on a similar timeline?


Yep. I applied a few days earlier than you and went UR2 a few days ago.



Good! Hopefully we'll be hearing soon. (fingers crossed)

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:49 pm

funzies wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
funzies wrote:UR 2 today! Applied 1/7. Anyone else on a similar timeline?


Yep. I applied a few days earlier than you and went UR2 a few days ago.



Good! Hopefully we'll be hearing soon. (fingers crossed)


I applied 4th and got UR2 on 1/30. Yep, hoping so too.

User avatar
dwall1121

New
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:55 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby dwall1121 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:58 pm

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:
funzies wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
funzies wrote:UR 2 today! Applied 1/7. Anyone else on a similar timeline?


Yep. I applied a few days earlier than you and went UR2 a few days ago.



Good! Hopefully we'll be hearing soon. (fingers crossed)


I applied 4th and got UR2 on 1/30. Yep, hoping so too.


went UR2 like a week and a half ago; heres to hoping we all get in on the next Tuesday wave!!! Feeling like NYU has to put out some good vibes next week to make up for the mean dings this week

jza1994

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jza1994 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:09 pm

UR2 as of yesterday. UR1 1/17. A ding or WL is on the horizon...

User avatar
kkdk

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:03 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby kkdk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:22 am

We are still reading RTK apps but we are making significant progress. I would say almost all first-reads are done, most second-reads are done, and tie-breaks are starting.

I'll try to update you all in about a week to 10 days.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], incubator, Pietas and 33 guests