NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
35%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
19%
A few weeks
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
22%
I didn't even apply
7%

Total votes: 139

airwrecka

Silver

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:37 pm

brinicolec wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
anrf1225 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Has anybody who also applied to a named scholarship been accepted yet?

Accepted without mention of the named scholarship :(, does that mean I'm out?

No. Guys, if you just looked through this thread, you would have answers to these questions! Named scholarship interview requests go out in Feb/March. You have to be accepted before you can be requested to interview. You will not hear about the interview or a decision about the scholarship with your acceptance to NYU generally. This info is also found on NYU's website.

I know I'm being a little harsh, but I sometimes wonder why someone doesn't go back and attempt to find the answer in the thread before asking it. We've covered almost everything here. There is also a search function.

I'm gonna assume part of it is just people are anxious.

I'm sure you're right. I'm letting my extreme annoyance with my boss carry over to my TLS posting. :lol: :roll: Sorry fam.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:38 pm

airwrecka wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
anrf1225 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Has anybody who also applied to a named scholarship been accepted yet?

No. Guys, if you just looked through this thread, you would have answers to these questions! Named scholarship interview requests go out in Feb/March. You have to be accepted before you can be requested to interview. You will not hear about the interview or a decision about the scholarship with your acceptance to NYU generally. This info is also found on NYU's website.

I know I'm being a little harsh, but I sometimes wonder why someone doesn't go back and attempt to find the answer in the thread before asking it. We've covered almost everything here. There is also a search function.

I'm sure you're right. I'm letting my extreme annoyance with my boss carry over to my TLS posting. :lol: :roll: Sorry fam.

on that note, there is no estimated timeline for decision from UR2 :D

anrf1225

New

Postby anrf1225 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Last edited by anrf1225 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
anrf1225 wrote:

OMG. for realz.

but...if I see one more person be like "UR1 since 3 weeks ago....is this nromal????" after 75,000 people have commented with their 3 months old UR1 dates I might scream.

/rant

anrf1225

New

Postby anrf1225 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:00 pm

Last edited by anrf1225 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:03 pm

anrf1225 wrote:
just so were clear, i know people talked a lot of the RTK process but that seemed pretty specific and not like it applied to ALL named scholarships which were never really mentioned before. so ALL named scholarship requests go out in feb/march separate from acceptances?

I haven't personally done the research on ALL of them but I think most of them do (Definitely the bigger ones like RTK, AnBryce, Etc). Which one in paticular? It's probably on the NYU website.

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:05 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
anrf1225 wrote:

OMG. for realz.

but...if I see one more person be like "UR1 since 3 weeks ago....is this nromal????" after 75,000 people have commented with their 3 months old UR1 dates I might scream.

/rant

UR2 since 10/19 here. I don't remember UR1. This is nromal?????????

J-E-T-S

New

Postby J-E-T-S » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Hey guys didn't read all the posts so I apologize if this was spoken about: UR1 Since 01/12. Is that abnormally long???

treetops_rising

New

Postby treetops_rising » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:37 pm

J-E-T-S wrote:Hey guys didn't read all the posts so I apologize if this was spoken about: UR1 Since 01/12. Is that abnormally wrong??

Yes, it's very wrong and unheard of. I mean there may be a little glimmer of hope, but I doubt it so don't hold your breath.

J-E-T-S

New

Postby J-E-T-S » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:39 pm

treetops_rising wrote:
J-E-T-S wrote:Hey guys didn't read all the posts so I apologize if this was spoken about: UR1 Since 01/12. Is that abnormally wrong??

Yes, it's very wrong and unheard of. I mean there may be a little glimmer of hope, but I doubt it so don't hold your breath.

Thanks. It was a reach for me anyway so I'm not surprised

J-E-T-S

New

Postby J-E-T-S » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:43 pm

J-E-T-S wrote:
treetops_rising wrote:

If I were to withdraw my app at this point do you think they would refund me? if not full then Maybe 50%?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:45 pm

J-E-T-S wrote:
J-E-T-S wrote:
treetops_rising wrote:

If I were to withdraw my app at this point do you think they would refund me? if not full then Maybe 50%?

Do not withdraw your app just because you're UR1, my goodness. Also, I'm pretty sure the application fee is non-refundable.

addie1412

Silver

Postby addie1412 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:49 pm

brinicolec wrote:
J-E-T-S wrote:
J-E-T-S wrote:
treetops_rising wrote:

Do not withdraw your app just because you're UR1, my goodness. Also, I'm pretty sure the application fee is non-refundable.

i think that whole string of posts is a joke lmao

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 pm

addie1412 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
J-E-T-S wrote:
J-E-T-S wrote:
treetops_rising wrote:

i think that whole string of posts is a joke lmao

I hope so. It's hard to tell with some people lol

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Postby calpolisci2016 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:55 pm

My status checker changed to DLS today. Are we still at the point where DLS automatically means acceptance or could this be a ding?

I haven't received an email yet.

VA2lawschool

Bronze

Postby VA2lawschool » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:57 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:My status checker changed to DLS today. Are we still at the point where DLS automatically means acceptance or could this be a ding?

Exciting! Have you tried to log into the Admitted Students Website?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:58 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:My status checker changed to DLS today. Are we still at the point where DLS automatically means acceptance or could this be a ding?

BALLS. I'M DLS TOO.

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Postby calpolisci2016 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:59 pm

VA2lawschool wrote:

Is that the typical ASW trick where I try to retrieve a password? Otherwise, I don't know how I would log in without any info. Plz help me relieve this anxiety of unknown.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:00 pm

brinicolec wrote:

BALLS. I'M DLS TOO.

good luck to you! still UR here

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:02 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote:

Is that the typical ASW trick where I try to retrieve a password? Otherwise, I don't know how I would log in without any info. Plz help me relieve this anxiety of unknown.

It tells you how to login. It's your LSAC acct # and your birthday. It's literally right there on the log-in page.

Side note: I can't get in yet. Don't know if that's sign of ding/WL or it's just taking awhile...

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Keilz wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

BALLS. I'M DLS TOO.

good luck to you! still UR here

Thank you!

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:04 pm

brinicolec wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote:

It tells you how to login. It's your LSAC acct # and your birthday. It's literally right there on the log-in page.

Side note: I can't get in yet. Don't know if that's sign of ding/WL or it's just taking awhile...

I hope you're in!!!! I remember it taking awhile for some folks for ASW to work (especially since this is late in the day, it might not work until tomorrow). Rooting for you!!!!

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Postby calpolisci2016 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:04 pm

brinicolec wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote:

Yeah, sorry, I didn't read that page until after I posted. I can't log in either.

I can't get in either so now I'm thinking is this a rejection?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:05 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote:

I hope you're in!!!! I remember it taking awhile for some folks for ASW to work (especially since this is late in the day, it might not work until tomorrow). Rooting for you!!!!

Thank you! Have been feeling pretty stressed lately so could really use this good news!!!

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:05 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
calpolisci2016 wrote:
VA2lawschool wrote:

Yeah, sorry, I didn't read that page until after I posted. I can't log in either.

I can't get in either so now I'm thinking is this a rejection?

Not necessarily. In previous waves, some people have had to wait awhile.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?