NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
49
35%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
27
19%
A few weeks
23
17%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
30
22%
I didn't even apply
10
7%
 
Total votes: 139

fam1994

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby fam1994 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:46 pm

hey y'all! first post ever on here, hoping to get some insight. i applied in early december with a 171/3.78. i've been UR since 12/8 and don't believe there's been a date change - is that necessarily a bad sign?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:48 pm

fam1994 wrote:hey y'all! first post ever on here, hoping to get some insight. i applied in early december with a 171/3.78. i've been UR since 12/8 and don't believe there's been a date change - is that necessarily a bad sign?


No.

VA2lawschool

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VA2lawschool » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:53 pm

fam1994 wrote:hey y'all! first post ever on here, hoping to get some insight. i applied in early december with a 171/3.78. i've been UR since 12/8 and don't believe there's been a date change - is that necessarily a bad sign?


Nope. Similar numbers to you, applied in October, heard back December 1st. They are probably still getting through more of the later fall applicants.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:28 pm

brinicolec wrote:
fam1994 wrote:hey y'all! first post ever on here, hoping to get some insight. i applied in early december with a 171/3.78. i've been UR since 12/8 and don't believe there's been a date change - is that necessarily a bad sign?


No.



I'm going to selfishly say that it doesn't mean anything and no one should get scared about NYU being so silent, right guys :lol: :cry: :cry:

sigree

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sigree » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 pm

fam1994 wrote:hey y'all! first post ever on here, hoping to get some insight. i applied in early december with a 171/3.78. i've been UR since 12/8 and don't believe there's been a date change - is that necessarily a bad sign?


Same - it looks like they cycle through the apps. People who applied the same time have the same UR dates. Any thoughts on this theory?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 pm

sigree wrote:
fam1994 wrote:hey y'all! first post ever on here, hoping to get some insight. i applied in early december with a 171/3.78. i've been UR since 12/8 and don't believe there's been a date change - is that necessarily a bad sign?


Same - it looks like they cycle through the apps. People who applied the same time have the same UR dates. Any thoughts on this theory?



Only saw one person on LSN that submitted the same day as I did. We have the same UR1 date but different UR2 dates.

Edit: they have a 170 though :lol:

User avatar
MoonyUpToNoGood

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MoonyUpToNoGood » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:14 am

Hi kinda of new to this forum -- can someone explain where to find LSN data on wave dates from last year?

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby govlife » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:36 am

MoonyUpToNoGood wrote:Hi kinda of new to this forum -- can someone explain where to find LSN data on wave dates from last year?

If you go to schools, pick a school, and then go to applicants, you can limit it to last years cycle and sort by decision date. You'll be able to see the clusters/waves.

You can also sort by sent date to see when the people who submitted around the same time heard back. For example, for NYU last cycle, people who submitted in September heard acceptances mostly on 12/1 and waitlists 4/19 :(

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:40 am

govlife wrote:
MoonyUpToNoGood wrote:Hi kinda of new to this forum -- can someone explain where to find LSN data on wave dates from last year?

If you go to schools, pick a school, and then go to applicants, you can limit it to last years cycle and sort by decision date. You'll be able to see the clusters/waves.

You can also sort by sent date to see when the people who submitted around the same time heard back. For example, for NYU last cycle, people who submitted in September heard acceptances mostly on 12/1 and waitlists 4/19 :(


To be optimistic, though: MS9 tweeted it seems like decisions are coming slower this cycle than in previous cycles.

User avatar
Helioze

Bronze
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:10 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Helioze » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:53 am

brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:
MoonyUpToNoGood wrote:Hi kinda of new to this forum -- can someone explain where to find LSN data on wave dates from last year?

If you go to schools, pick a school, and then go to applicants, you can limit it to last years cycle and sort by decision date. You'll be able to see the clusters/waves.

You can also sort by sent date to see when the people who submitted around the same time heard back. For example, for NYU last cycle, people who submitted in September heard acceptances mostly on 12/1 and waitlists 4/19 :(


To be optimistic, though: MS9 tweeted it seems like decisions are coming slower this cycle than in previous cycles.


Yes but that was a whole DAY ago!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:39 am

Helioze wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:
MoonyUpToNoGood wrote:Hi kinda of new to this forum -- can someone explain where to find LSN data on wave dates from last year?

If you go to schools, pick a school, and then go to applicants, you can limit it to last years cycle and sort by decision date. You'll be able to see the clusters/waves.

You can also sort by sent date to see when the people who submitted around the same time heard back. For example, for NYU last cycle, people who submitted in September heard acceptances mostly on 12/1 and waitlists 4/19 :(


To be optimistic, though: MS9 tweeted it seems like decisions are coming slower this cycle than in previous cycles.


Yes but that was a whole DAY ago!


Lol, NYU is my top pick so I'm just looking for silver linings as I hope they don't ding me.

User avatar
Helioze

Bronze
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:10 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Helioze » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:15 am

brinicolec wrote:
Helioze wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
govlife wrote:
MoonyUpToNoGood wrote:Hi kinda of new to this forum -- can someone explain where to find LSN data on wave dates from last year?

If you go to schools, pick a school, and then go to applicants, you can limit it to last years cycle and sort by decision date. You'll be able to see the clusters/waves.

You can also sort by sent date to see when the people who submitted around the same time heard back. For example, for NYU last cycle, people who submitted in September heard acceptances mostly on 12/1 and waitlists 4/19 :(


To be optimistic, though: MS9 tweeted it seems like decisions are coming slower this cycle than in previous cycles.


Yes but that was a whole DAY ago!


Lol, NYU is my top pick so I'm just looking for silver linings as I hope they don't ding me.


I'll ding u so they can't.


DING

User avatar
MoonyUpToNoGood

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MoonyUpToNoGood » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:09 am

govlife wrote:
MoonyUpToNoGood wrote:Hi kinda of new to this forum -- can someone explain where to find LSN data on wave dates from last year?

If you go to schools, pick a school, and then go to applicants, you can limit it to last years cycle and sort by decision date. You'll be able to see the clusters/waves.

You can also sort by sent date to see when the people who submitted around the same time heard back. For example, for NYU last cycle, people who submitted in September heard acceptances mostly on 12/1 and waitlists 4/19 :(


Ahhh thank you for helping me open a whole new world of obsession :P

User avatar
unpetitpacifiste

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:10 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby unpetitpacifiste » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:41 am

How long does it take for people to get access to the Admitted Students Website? I got admitted via phone call two days ago but still can't log in.

VapidP

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VapidP » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 am

unpetitpacifiste wrote:How long does it take for people to get access to the Admitted Students Website? I got admitted via phone call two days ago but still can't log in.


That's weird. I could log in basically the minute I saw my status change. Are you sure you're doing it correctly? Maybe call them to ask?

jonofalltrades

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:13 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jonofalltrades » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:48 pm

brinicolec wrote:Lol, NYU is my top pick so I'm just looking for silver linings as I hope they don't ding me.


This is literally me, every single day.
"Maybe they're just saving the best for last!"
"Maybe this year they're holding decisions for later to build anticipation!"
"Maybe they're waiting to see if they need more white guys with excuses about why their GPAs aren't that great!" (my GPA = 3.5)

My wife encourages this behavior:
"I think I missed the January wave," I say.
"Nah, they're just trying to figure out how much scholarship to give you," she says. :roll:

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:49 pm

jonofalltrades wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Lol, NYU is my top pick so I'm just looking for silver linings as I hope they don't ding me.


This is literally me, every single day.
"Maybe they're just saving the best for last!"
"Maybe this year they're holding decisions for later to build anticipation!"
"Maybe they're waiting to see if they need more white guys with excuses about why their GPAs aren't that great!" (my GPA = 3.5)

My wife encourages this behavior:
"I think I missed the January wave," I say.
"Nah, they're just trying to figure out how much scholarship to give you," she says. :roll:


+1. My wife is the only one keeping me sane during this process lol.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TexasENG » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:24 pm

.
Last edited by TexasENG on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j0elanz

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby j0elanz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Applied in September. UR1 since 10/11. No update since. LSAT 173/GPA 3.9

Seems like I've been ghosted.
Anyone else in a situation similar to this? I'm also in-state.

User avatar
Thelaw23

Silver
Posts: 791
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thelaw23 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:46 pm

j0elanz wrote:Applied in September. UR1 since 10/11. No update since. LSAT 173/GPA 3.9

Seems like I've been ghosted.
Anyone else in a situation similar to this? I'm also in-state.



I'm in state, LSAT>75. GPA=25th or maybe a tad bit lower than 25th.

UR2 10/28.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:
j0elanz wrote:Applied in September. UR1 since 10/11. No update since. LSAT 173/GPA 3.9

Seems like I've been ghosted.
Anyone else in a situation similar to this? I'm also in-state.



I'm in state, LSAT>75. GPA=25th or maybe a tad bit lower than 25th.

UR2 10/28.



I don't think residency matters since NYU is private.. right?

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:50 pm

j0elanz wrote:Applied in September. UR1 since 10/11. No update since. LSAT 173/GPA 3.9

Seems like I've been ghosted.
Anyone else in a situation similar to this? I'm also in-state.


Just saw on MS9's twitter a couple days ago: "Based on the data we are seeing, decisions this cycle are a bit slower than normal. Which means many more admits to come!"

Made me feel better about not having heard anything yet, and I think overall it's good news!

patttt

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby patttt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:56 pm

fam1994 wrote:hey y'all! first post ever on here, hoping to get some insight. i applied in early december with a 171/3.78. i've been UR since 12/8 and don't believe there's been a date change - is that necessarily a bad sign?



I have very similar stats and applied at the same exact time. It seems that for last years applicants on LSN, people who applied at the same time as us and got accepted heard back on 1/12 and 1/13. Mildly nerve racking.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:12 pm

TexasENG wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:+1. My wife is the only one keeping me sane during this process lol.


I wish my wife was this supportive. She is usually in the "When are you finding out where you are going so I can plan my life mode". She's also super type A so this makes sense though...


Oh we definitely go back and forth between "everything will be fine" and "we are in limbo and our lives are over" lol. My wife is a demand planning analyst, so waiting to plan our future is driving her mad, though she hides it well. :lol:

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Does anyone think we'll see a wave this week? I'm so anxious



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests