NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long would you wait on the waitlist?

Forever until I die
35%
Until a few days before classes start somewhere else
21%
A few weeks
16%
I wouldn't wait on the waitlist because I can't take waiting anymore
21%
I didn't even apply
7%

Total votes: 141

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Re: NYU c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by pleasesendhelp » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:06 pm

curry1 wrote:ur2 since 10/28 lsat >>> 75 gpa > median lol. Will have waited five months for a response as of tomorrow.
Holy shit that's a long time. Should sue for cruel and unusual punishment if you don't get in.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:22 pm

curry1 wrote:ur2 since 10/28 lsat >>> 75 gpa > median lol. Will have waited five months for a response as of tomorrow.
Yeah same except GPA=25th.

I'm pretty sure I'm rejected/WL already. Thinking about sending them a LOR or a Why essay, though.

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Last edited by curry1 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:52 am

Has anyone else who has been admitted received multiple e-mails from students, alum, and profs reaching out to answer any questions you may have? I think I've gotten 4 e-mails now from various people in those groups just letting me know that they are there to answer any questions if I have them.

I think it's a really nice touch! One of the alum who reached out to me basically has my dream job, so I'm fangirling a little :lol:

Unfortunately I don't really have any questions right now, though, because NYU is already one of my top choices and it really all depends on how the financial aid chips fall, which these people can't answer for me :P

ad34964n

Bronze

Post by ad34964n » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:54 am

airwrecka wrote:Has anyone else who has been admitted received multiple e-mails from students, alum, and profs reaching out to answer any questions you may have? I think I've gotten 4 e-mails now from various people in those groups just letting me know that they are there to answer any questions if I have them.

I think it's a really nice touch! One of the alum who reached out to me basically has my dream job, so I'm fangirling a little :lol:

Unfortunately I don't really have any questions right now, though, because NYU is already one of my top choices and it really all depends on how the financial aid chips fall, which these people can't answer for me :P
...When you thought this was a DLS post and your heart stopped...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Post by Baby Gaga » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:57 am

airwrecka wrote:Has anyone else who has been admitted received multiple e-mails from students, alum, and profs reaching out to answer any questions you may have? I think I've gotten 4 e-mails now from various people in those groups just letting me know that they are there to answer any questions if I have them.

I got 3 or 4 which was a nice touch. I also got a long phonecall from a 2L who was really nice but afterwards I remembered that I have an international number so I probably cost her some money :oops:

mcdermontsam

New

Post by mcdermontsam » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:30 pm

Is anyone else having issues with the financial aid app? I submitted mine then got an email that said I had to resubmit but now it gives me some error message and won't let me log in.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 pm

how NYU is making me feel rn with all this waiting
[+] Spoiler

call-me-bubbles

Bronze

Post by call-me-bubbles » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:55 pm

Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Javalin0650

New

Post by Javalin0650 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Baby Gaga wrote:

I got 3 or 4 which was a nice touch. I also got a long phonecall from a 2L who was really nice but afterwards I remembered that I have an international number so I probably cost her some money :oops:
So far, NYU has been the most impressive in terms of admitted student outreach. I've talked to a lot of people so far but the eagerness of different people in different positions to talk about the school has been really admirable.

SlippinJimmy

New

Post by SlippinJimmy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:20 pm

curry1 wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:
Yeah same except GPA=25th.

I'm pretty sure I'm rejected/WL already. Thinking about sending them a LOR or a Why essay, though.
I'm also getting ghosted by Columbia and I am at/above both 75ths there. I don't know what's going on. Applied the first day and was in the first round of interviews or so. I thought CN were the two most predictable schools.
Wow. I assume you have other options at this point at least?

lawnilawdmann

New

Post by lawnilawdmann » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Javalin0650 wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:

So far, NYU has been the most impressive in terms of admitted student outreach. I've talked to a lot of people so far but the eagerness of different people in different positions to talk about the school has been really admirable.
When did you all get in? Were there any surveys about your interests to fill out as I have seen from some other schools? Just curious as I was also accepted a decent bit ago at this point but haven't had anyone get in touch with me. It is one of my top choices either way and the money is really what will make or break it but just curious as to how common that level of outreach has been.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:25 pm

lawnilawdmann wrote:
Javalin0650 wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:

When did you all get in? Were there any surveys about your interests to fill out as I have seen from some other schools? Just curious as I was also accepted a decent bit ago at this point but haven't had anyone get in touch with me. It is one of my top choices either way and the money is really what will make or break it but just curious as to how common that level of outreach has been.
I got in during the first wave of acceptances which was in December, I think? And I did not fill out any interest surveys from what I recall, but my interests were very apparent from my app.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SmallK

Bronze

Post by SmallK » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Javalin0650 wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:

I'm definitely impressed with how many people have reached out -- They've answered a bunch of my questions with a lot of thoughtful detail. It's the first school that's made this whole law school business feel real. :)

And Airwrecka, I was also super fangirling over the alum. No shame.

SmallK

Bronze

Post by SmallK » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:40 pm

airwrecka wrote:
lawnilawdmann wrote: When did you all get in? Were there any surveys about your interests to fill out as I have seen from some other schools? Just curious as I was also accepted a decent bit ago at this point but haven't had anyone get in touch with me. It is one of my top choices either way and the money is really what will make or break it but just curious as to how common that level of outreach has been.
I got in during the first wave of acceptances which was in December, I think? And I did not fill out any interest surveys from what I recall, but my interests were very apparent from my app.
First wave as well. No surveys, but I also specifically called out my interests in a few places in my app, and applied for one of the scholarships.

lawnilawdmann

New

Post by lawnilawdmann » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:58 pm

SmallK wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
lawnilawdmann wrote: When did you all get in? Were there any surveys about your interests to fill out as I have seen from some other schools? Just curious as I was also accepted a decent bit ago at this point but haven't had anyone get in touch with me. It is one of my top choices either way and the money is really what will make or break it but just curious as to how common that level of outreach has been.
First wave as well. No surveys, but I also specifically called out my interests in a few places in my app, and applied for one of the scholarships.
Thanks for the info! I got in during that same wave (or at least in late December, at the very least).

Literally got my first email from a professor within an hour of asking the question, so I will just presume admissions is pouring over all of these forums and also has the ability to figure out who we are based on the almost non-existent personal information I have supplied in my few posts. *waves enthusiastically to NYU admissions people*

Javalin0650

New

Post by Javalin0650 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:10 pm

airwrecka wrote:
lawnilawdmann wrote:
Javalin0650 wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:

Early December as well; no survey, but my interests were similarly communicated through my app.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:38 pm

I got in a little over a week ago and have received like 5 outreach emails from different groups/students. Quick turnaround :D

daaaaamnjulianna

New

Post by daaaaamnjulianna » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Are we thinking first wave of rejections will be this week?

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:49 am

Ding. No one is surprised.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:51 am

88234 wrote:Ding. No one is surprised.
sorry to hear that. did you find out this morning? and via email or status checker?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:53 am

proteinshake wrote:
88234 wrote:Ding. No one is surprised.
sorry to hear that. did you find out this morning? and via email or status checker?
No big, I threw it out as a true hail mary. Email.

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:21 am

Ding. Not surprised! Best of luck to everyone else.

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:26 am

Looks like we're going to have a ding wave today :(

cyclawps

Bronze

Post by cyclawps » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:39 am

Not looking forward to another ding wave. Status checker still says "under review" as of 10/31/2016.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”