Waitlist Rejection?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tay_murph

Waitlist Rejection?

Postby tay_murph » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:30 pm

I apologize if this is a repeat question here, I've searched around and can't seem to find this answer. I'm on a few waitlists still, I've deposited at another. Do schools typically send rejection emails/letters to those who have been waiting on the waitlist? Or do they just let those who are waiting wait indefinitely, then once school starts I will know that I was not accepted? Or how does this work?

JonTheMandamus

Re: Waitlist Rejection?

Postby JonTheMandamus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:41 pm

The latest rejection email I received was sometime in August. (the truly borderline candidate) Unfortunately, most law schools will have completely set classes after mid June. I have seen a few stories on TLS, so don't give up all hope. But plan to be realistic about attending where you're deposited.

tay_murph

Postby tay_murph » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:51 pm

JonTheMandamus wrote:The latest rejection email I received was sometime in August. (the truly borderline candidate) Unfortunately, most law schools will have completely set classes after mid June. I have seen a few stories on TLS, so don't give up all hope. But plan to be realistic about attending where you're deposited.

Ok thanks for the input, I'm definitely planning on attending where I've deposited, mostly I was just asking this though--do schools always inform their waitlisted students that they have been rejected? Or do they sometimes just let the semester start without letting us know, implying that we are rejected?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:01 pm

I'm pretty sure they will eventually let you know, but it might not be until after the semester begins; I knew someone at my school who got admitted the day before classes started.

JonTheMandamus

Postby JonTheMandamus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:03 pm

It really varies. I'm sure someone can chime in with a horror story.

houritsu

Postby houritsu » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:20 pm

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”