TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Rigo

Diamond

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (politics pole)

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:16 am

Idk if I would classify it as a comedy in the American sense but that's okay.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:17 am

Not a single one of my friends are even close to getting engaged lol. If one of my friends got engaged now I think I'd have a heart attack

Tazewell

Bronze

Postby Tazewell » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:17 am

Monday wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Re: Veep. My husband & I tried to watch the first episode and did NOT get into it. Should we try again, or if we didn't like the first episode is it a lost cause?

fwiw, Parks & Rec is one of our all-time favorite shows.

Same. I stopped watching mid-first episode. But then again, I had to force myself to watch the first seasons of both Parks & Rec. and The Office before I started loving the shows so maybe it's just this genre.

I watched the first three episodes and didn't get into it. A year later I committed to it and it's now one of my favorite comedies. It's definitely one that picks up steam while it goes, and gets incredible in seasons 4 and 5.

Monday

Silver

Postby Monday » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:19 am

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:20 am

RParadela wrote:Not a single one of my friends are even close to getting engaged lol. If one of my friends got engaged now I think I'd have a heart attack

Eh, I am 26 so it might be different. I have one friend married, another 3 engaged, two that I know are planning to propose. I am scared for when the first person has a kid on purpose though.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:24 am

I'm 26 and hopelessly single just like my friends :shock:

Stephylynette

Bronze

Postby Stephylynette » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:26 am

RParadela wrote:Not a single one of my friends are even close to getting engaged lol. If one of my friends got engaged now I think I'd have a heart attack

Same. All of my lady and male friends are truly in their hoe phases

ldlestrange

Bronze

Postby ldlestrange » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:29 am

Stephylynette wrote:

and here I am attending three weddings this summer ._.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:30 am

ldlestrange wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

this girl who I would've totally invited to my wedding even if we aren't the CLOSEST friends didn't invite me to her wedding and i'm bitter.

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:31 am

Stephylynette wrote:

All my friends and I are in looooooooooong-ass relationships but don't want to get married anytime soon. Plus I'm not really into the whole institution of marriage so there's that.

I enjoy a good open bar at a wedding, though.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Postby Stephylynette » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:33 am

Keilz wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

this girl who I would've totally invited to my wedding even if we aren't the CLOSEST friends didn't invite me to her wedding and i'm bitter.

I love weddings so while I'm also in my hoe phase and not ready to get married yet, I want SOMEONE close to me to get married so I can go and drink and dance.

I have also been passed over for a wedding this year and I'm mad about it

Leliana

Bronze

Postby Leliana » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:33 am

I'm almost 25 and only a few people I know of from college are married/engaged. Out of my actual friends, it's just one (wedding in June!!), but a fair amount are in long-term relationships. I also feel like on the East Coast college grads/professionals tend not to get married until they're like 30 though.

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:34 am

Stephylynette wrote:
Keilz wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

I love weddings so while I'm also in my hoe phase and not ready to get married yet, I want SOMEONE close to me to get married so I can go and drink and dance.

If one of my friends passed me over for a wedding I'd go all Maleficent on them. There'd be blood

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:34 am

Anyone else trying to get into good habits before 1L fucks with our life balance? Trying to get into counting calories this summer so I don't mindlessly stress eat lol

Stephylynette

Bronze

Postby Stephylynette » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:34 am

chandhi wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

All my friends and I are in looooooooooong-ass relationships but don't want to get married anytime soon. Plus I'm not really into the whole institution of marriage so there's that.

I enjoy a good open bar at a wedding, though.

Listen. I love weddings. I love to drink. And I love to dance. I'm a perfect wedding guest.

In other words, invite me to your wedding TLS fam!!

Stephylynette

Bronze

Postby Stephylynette » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 am

Baby Gaga wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Keilz wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

If one of my friends passed me over for a wedding I'd go all Maleficent on them. There'd be blood

Mine was more of an acquaintance. But if she was a friend? Idk. I'd have to go full petty on her.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 am

Almost 25, majority of my friends are in long relationships or engaged/married. The single life is a total drag when you're the only one, but at least there's always time for the gym.

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:36 am

Leliana wrote:I'm almost 25 and only a few people I know of from college are married/engaged. Out of my actual friends, it's just one (wedding in June!!), but a fair amount are in long-term relationships. I also feel like on the East Coast college grads/professionals tend not to get married until they're like 30 though.

I feel like my experience is being at a midwestern state school where people can actually buy a house and start a family 5 years out of undergrad - plus the lack of youthful cities means UG is *the* place to get hitched lol

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:37 am

Stephylynette wrote:

Seriously. As soon as I get hit with the "what are we" question I usually disappear. Ain't nobody got time for dat

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:38 am

Leliana wrote:I'm almost 25 and only a few people I know of from college are married/engaged. Out of my actual friends, it's just one (wedding in June!!), but a fair amount are in long-term relationships. I also feel like on the East Coast college grads/professionals tend not to get married until they're like 30 though.

Yeah I think the age of "settling down" varies by region.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:40 am

Rigo wrote:

and, of course, involvement in the military definitely impacts the likelihood

Most people I know who are married are in the military

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:41 am

I wouldn't have gotten married so young/soon if I wasn't about to start law school, but I wanted to do it before school started, I didn't want to wait three years until I graduated, and I wanted to be married in the fall so it basically had to be last fall :P

I never really had a "hoe phase" (lol love that term :lol:), though, and do not feel like I missed out. Guess I'm just a traditionalist Midwestern-er! :P

Weddings are tons of fun, though. Ours was the BEST (even though I'm sure it would have been more fun as a guest hahaha). We had open bar all night (my parents were feeling very generous I guess) and one of my friends got so drunk that he passed out in the elevator. Luckily my maid of honor found out and saved him (she was so pissed though--props to her because I never knew about it until the next day!). And then one of our other friends accidentally threw a girl across the dance floor, she slipped on some beer (which he had spilled) and she WIPED out. :shock: Good times.

I wasn't invited to the weddings of two of who I thought were really close friends last summer, but I still invited them to my wedding :roll: They didn't come, though, and had suuuper lame excuses as to why. Oh well!

Monday

Silver

Postby Monday » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:43 am

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 am

airwrecka wrote:I wasn't invited to the weddings of two of who I thought were really close friends last summer, but I still invited them to my wedding :roll: They didn't come, though, and had suuuper lame excuses as to why. Oh well!

I'm glad you had fun at your wedding! and I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has been in a similar situation re: invites :)

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:48 am

Monday wrote:
Rigo wrote:

More specifically by metropolitan areas. Most of the East Coast isn't saturated by professionals and millennials.

Oh I always just take East Coast to mean Northeast since I pretend Florida &co. don't exist.
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?