TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Monday

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (politics pole)

Postby Monday » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:39 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

govlife

Bronze

Postby govlife » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:50 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Monday wrote:
Rigo wrote:Go on dating apps and have awkward dates in the terminal.

Report back.

Oh I did this in Seattle airport recently and we had absolutely nothing in common.
He was an investment banker type and did not understand that I was a free spirited vagrant.
It was nice not having to pretend we would ever see each other again or keep in touch.

Sounds like the start of a rom com to me :D

You'll bump into each other in various airports in the future and he'll fall for your spirit and you'll bring out his. Of course plenty of long gazes across the terminal.

And I'll be the next Nora Ephron. :lol:

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Monday wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Monday wrote:
Rigo wrote:Go on dating apps and have awkward dates in the terminal.

Report back.

Oh I did this in Seattle airport recently and we had absolutely nothing in common.
He was an investment banker type and did not understand that I was a free spirited vagrant.
It was nice not having to pretend we would ever see each other again or keep in touch.

Sounds like the start of a rom com to me :D

It's the Hilary Duff avatar.

I saw a hallmark movie about two people who met in the airport when their flight was delayed

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:09 am

Rigo's Mile High Romance
Buckle you seatbelt, but unbuckle your heart!

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:41 am

Missed the gun discussion. I personally think we need a SERIOUS improvement in background checks, and also think semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.

Edit: Really don't even think military personnel should own semi-automatics unless it's necessary for their job.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:15 am

Rigo wrote:Rigo's Mile High Romance
Buckle you seatbelt, but unbuckle your heart!

10/10

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:35 am

Def watching Gilmore Girls right now. No shame.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:46 am

jjcorvino wrote:Def watching Gilmore Girls right now. No shame.

So good.

Edit: I will just say that my boyfriend likes to pretend he hates Gilmore girls but when I'm watching it he totally watches it with me and laughs at all the jokes.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:17 am

brinicolec wrote:Missed the gun discussion. I personally think we need a SERIOUS improvement in background checks, and also think semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.

Edit: Really don't even think military personnel should own semi-automatics unless it's necessary for their job.

Please tell me you're trolling because it is statements like this that show why people that have no idea what they're talking about shouldn't try to express an opinion about these kinds of things.

(Really not trying to be mean as our interactions before this have been nothing but cordial and i would like to keep it that way)

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:32 am

thatlawlkid wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Missed the gun discussion. I personally think we need a SERIOUS improvement in background checks, and also think semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.

Please tell me you're trolling because it is statements like this that show why people that have no idea what they're talking about shouldn't try to express an opinion about these kinds of things.

(Really not trying to be mean as our interactions before this have been nothing but cordial and i would like to keep it that way)

I wouldn't jump to assuming someone who holds that view does so out of ignorance of the situation. It's quite possible someone believes that weapons with an automatic eject, re-chamber, and re-cock mechanism are too dangerous.

It's certainly a rather staunch view, but it doesn't have to be because they don't know the definition.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:34 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

I wouldn't jump to assuming someone who holds that view does so out of ignorance of the situation. It's quite possible someone believes that weapons with an automatic eject, re-chamber, and re-cock mechanism are too dangerous.

It's certainly a rather staunch view, but it doesn't have to be because they don't know the definition.

I think the military edit took it to a point that it didn't have to be an assumption. Although i guess muzzleloader season would get a little bit longer if this was the case so there might be some upside.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:37 am

thatlawlkid wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

I think the military edit took it to a point that it didn't have to be an assumption. Although i guess muzzleloader season would get a little bit longer if this was the case so there might be some upside.

Ehh I read that edit as allowing military personnel to own semi-auto weapons themselves. I didn't take it that have any bearing on what was issued to them in combat, but idk that's really just going off of the word own

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:39 am

thatlawlkid wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

Ehh I read that edit as allowing military personnel to own semi-auto weapons themselves. I didn't take it that have any bearing on what was issued to them in combat, but idk that's really just going off of the word own

"necessary for their job" tells me that it goes past personal use.

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:16 am

All of my friends (including me lol) are getting engaged - It isn't surprising that your last year of undergrad would be the time if you've been together a long time/it make sense for a couple to, I guess.

KME89

New

Postby KME89 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:18 am

Thoughts on getting engaged before going to law school with the knowledge that you won't be getting married until after you pass the bar and get a job?

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:47 am

KME89 wrote:Thoughts on getting engaged before going to law school with the knowledge that you won't be getting married until after you pass the bar and get a job?

I feel like it's a long time to be engaged but if you'd rather have that label vs. 'Dating for however long' I'd say go for it. There's no formula for this type of thing so if it makes you guys happy/more comfortable I think it's cool.

Anecdotal but my soon-to-be sister in law dated her husband for 9 years and was then engaged for 2 and a half or so while she was in med school and it worked fine for them. They were waiting until they could actually be in same city long-term.

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:49 am

KME89 wrote:Thoughts on getting engaged before going to law school with the knowledge that you won't be getting married until after you pass the bar and get a job?

Personally I hate long engagements (>18 months), I would postpone until after law school. You could propose at graduation!

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:50 am

Dodocogon wrote:

I feel like it's a long time to be engaged but if you'd rather have that label vs. 'Dating for however long' I'd say go for it. There's no formula for this type of thing so if it makes you guys happy/more comfortable I think it's cool.

Anecdotal but my soon-to-be sister in law dated her husband for 9 years and was then engaged for 2 and a half or so while she was in med school and it worked fine for them. They were waiting until they could actually be in same city long-term.

Find what is comfortable with you and don't worry about these societal constructs. If you are going to be together then you will be one way or another and without whatever label society puts on it.

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:51 am

poptart123 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:

Find what is comfortable with you and don't worry about these societal constructs. If you are going to be together then you will be one way or another and without whatever label society puts on it.

+ 400 million

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:59 am

Like others have already said, you do what's best for you & your situation! There aren't rules to this :D

However, the benefits I could see to being engaged for a long time (ie all of law school) are that you have pleeeeenty of time to plan the wedding and don't need to feel rushed (which will be good, considering you'll be a busy law student). I was engaged for almost exactly one year, and while I thought that was plenty of time to plan a wedding, it was actually really stressful (and I'm very glad I wasn't in law school at the time).

Just my two cents! :D

Re: Veep. My husband & I tried to watch the first episode and did NOT get into it. Should we try again, or if we didn't like the first episode is it a lost cause?

fwiw, Parks & Rec is one of our all-time favorite shows.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:03 am

I think Veep took a few episodes for me to get into, and I never got super INTO it but it was enjoyable enough.

Monday

Silver

Postby Monday » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:04 am

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:09 am

Catastrophe on Amazon Prime, people.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:10 am

Rigo wrote:Catastrophe on Amazon Prime, people.

Before I got context I thought you meant something catastrophic happened with their shipping :lol:

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:11 am

Keilz wrote:
Rigo wrote:Catastrophe on Amazon Prime, people.

Before I got context I thought you meant something catastrophic happened with their shipping :lol:

Oh no!
It's just my favorite comedy and relationship goals even though it's a ~shocker!~ catastrophe.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?