TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

KatCoco

New

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby KatCoco » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:57 pm

I think I'm at a final draft of my PS, anyone willing to give it a look? I'd be glad to look at yours too! PM me if you're down

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:17 am

I sent my PS to a friend who's was an English lit major for review. Long story short, she hasn't reviewed it in a month and I haven't read it since I sent it to her.

Well, yesterday I decided to read it just for shits and giggles. Here's the thing...I really liked it. Before I was agonizing over how it sucked but I didn't know how to fix it and now...I'm pretty content with it. I'll probably fix it up a bit depending on my friends advice but I'm definitely more confident.

I say this for anyone who is obsessing over their PS...maybe you just need to take a step back and not think about it for a couple of weeks. It really helped me!

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:53 am

Does LSAC give your contact info to unaccredited schools too? I found a **very enticing offer** for an online JD from the California School of Law in my spam folder -- just $3k per trimester!

ayylmao

Silver

Postby ayylmao » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:24 pm

This is a weird gripe, but I don't like law schools that are named "xyz School of Law;" it's harder to refer to the school on a Why X. :x

playersball

Bronze

Postby playersball » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:31 pm

ayylmao wrote:This is a weird gripe, but I don't like law schools that are named "xyz School of Law;" it's harder to refer to the school on a Why X. :x

Haha I know what you mean but are you putting the full name each time?

ayylmao

Silver

Postby ayylmao » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:41 pm

playersball wrote:
ayylmao wrote:This is a weird gripe, but I don't like law schools that are named "xyz School of Law;" it's harder to refer to the school on a Why X. :x

I'm just calling it "NYU," "UVA," etc.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:45 pm

ayylmao wrote:
playersball wrote:

I'm just calling it "NYU," "UVA," etc.

skewl of lawl

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:17 pm

Question.

If scholly is unlikely, what are y'alls opinions on ED?

I can't retake until June 17, and my initial plan was to take that to help me get in off wait lists/increase scholly. But I'm not really sure how helpful that will actually be. Maybe EDing is a better option for someone with bad scholly chances? GPA<25th for every school in t20.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:21 pm

taking a three day break from LSAT studying so I'll OP Cornell if no one does it by tonight. BUT SOMEONE ELSE SHOULD DEFINITELY DO IT SINCE I DID DUKE!!! :x

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:22 pm

here's a weirdly specific and ultimately unimportant question:

when you add a header (name LSAC number) to an addendum essay etc, does anyone do it justified right rather than left? I do and suddenly I feel like I'm on acid

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:25 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Question.

I can't retake until June 17, and my initial plan was to take that to help me get in off wait lists/increase scholly. But I'm not really sure how helpful that will actually be. Maybe EDing is a better option for someone with bad scholly chances? GPA<25th for every school in t20.

are you T20 or nothing?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:27 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Question.

If you're willing to go to a T20 and pay sticker price, then I suppose EDing wouldn't be a terrible decision, although you'd have to check for the specific schools because some schools actually seem to be more selective for ED. However, I'm not sure I'd assume you're completely SOL when it comes to getting schollys either (because idk your LSAT or if you have a super great PS that'll tip the scale -- some ppl don't believe that's possible, but I do). I think this is one of those tricky, personal decision things that you'll have to really sit and think about. If you end up having to pay sticker, that's a lot of debt you'll be accruing, and then you'll either be in crushing debt for awhile or have to rely on getting into biglaw.

forum_user

Silver

Postby forum_user » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:41 pm

pretzeltime wrote:here's a weirdly specific and ultimately unimportant question:

when you add a header (name LSAC number) to an addendum essay etc, does anyone do it justified right rather than left? I do and suddenly I feel like I'm on acid

I don't have a good answer to this question, but it does remind me of a slightly different point -- what font is everyone using? TNR all the way? Or are there any sans-serif freaks out there?

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:42 pm

forum_user wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:here's a weirdly specific and ultimately unimportant question:

I don't have a good answer to this question, but it does remind me of a slightly different point -- what font is everyone using? TNR all the way? Or are there any sans-serif freaks out there?

TNR baybay. Playing it traditional here

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:45 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
forum_user wrote:

TNR baybay. Playing it traditional here

definitely TNR. I'm old and set in my ways

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:52 pm

forum_user wrote:

You can take your serifs and stick them where the sun don't shine. But I'm not ballsy enough to do anything but TNR.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:54 pm

forum_user wrote:

TNR 11 point on all essays.

RE Pretz: my header is to the left and I think it looks best. Maybe that's just me.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm

proteinshake wrote:taking a three day break from LSAT studying so I'll OP Cornell if no one does it by tonight. BUT SOMEONE ELSE SHOULD DEFINITELY DO IT SINCE I DID DUKE!!! :x

I'm OPing UVA and Northwestern. Join the double-up crew Brotein!

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:06 pm

proteinshake wrote:taking a three day break from LSAT studying so I'll OP Cornell if no one does it by tonight. BUT SOMEONE ELSE SHOULD DEFINITELY DO IT SINCE I DID DUKE!!! :x

I like Cornell. I'll do it if you don't want to! lol why nottt son

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:12 pm

TheMikey wrote:

yes please do it lol

forum_user

Silver

Postby forum_user » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:22 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
forum_user wrote:

TNR 11 point on all essays.

RE Pretz: my header is to the left and I think it looks best. Maybe that's just me.

Whoa 11 point? Ballsy

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:28 pm

forum_user wrote:

I prefer sans-serif but I haven't been using it because I'm not sure if they want TNR.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:32 pm

proteinshake wrote:
TheMikey wrote:

yes please do it lol

i gotchu bruv

EnfieldTennisChamp

Bronze

Postby EnfieldTennisChamp » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:04 pm

Always left! always left!

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:08 pm

EnfieldTennisChamp wrote:

Always left! always left!

fine, but only for you hon

[yeah also i snapped out of my righty haze shortly after writing my stupid post]

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?