TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Mikey

Platinum

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:50 pm

R. Jeeves wrote: but i dont remember why.

that's the drunken spirit!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:16 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone doing tonight

went to a houseparty which was fun. later me and the crew got kicked out of Tastyburger but i dont remember why.

my coworker said that his AI program could not only write my PS but that it would "do all [my] law homework for [me]". I kinda knew he was full of it but still wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. i just saw the robot PS and it is complete gibberish.

now i have to actually write this thing but i feel like ass from last night :(

V solid outing getting kicked out of burger joint is accomplishment

I feel like the time spent developing a program to write PS is wayyyy more productive than actually writing a ps

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:27 pm

TheMikey wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote: but i dont remember why.

that's the drunken spirit!

Proud of you Jeevesy! Just don't do anything that'll trigger a C&F addendum. Your story made me lol. :lol:

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:59 pm

I've almost finished TNG

I think this shows where my focus levels are

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:16 pm

a ton of apps open up this week, and not enough OPs....

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:17 pm

proteinshake wrote:a ton of apps open up this week, and not enough OPs....

wait nvm we're just missing Cornell, GULC, and Harvard.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:45 pm

proteinshake wrote:

Still not enough OPs. Several of us are doubled up to cover the 11 or so T14's that we have up right now.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:40 am

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

Still not enough OPs. Several of us are doubled up to cover the 11 or so T14's that we have up right now.

+1

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:41 am

I'm on here too much...I just went to reply to a coworkers email and for some reason I expected there to be a set of emoji's for me to choose from in my reply.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Last edited by proteinshake on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:03 pm

I hope everyone's ready for the annual, unsolicited and cringe-worthy (they made multiple typos in the subject line last year) emails from Golden Gate Law! :D :D

flyeaglesfly

New

Postby flyeaglesfly » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:48 am

Long time lurker here--

I've spent the first part of this week soliciting fee waivers (I'm TFA/Fulbright/PC). WUSTL just got back to me and invited me to interview with their admissions committee this week or next (before I submit my application). Has anybody ever heard of doing an adcom interview before you even apply? I'm just a bit confused cause they won't have my PS or resume or anything.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:19 am

flyeaglesfly wrote:Long time lurker here--

I've spent the first part of this week soliciting fee waivers (I'm TFA/Fulbright/PC). WUSTL just got back to me and invited me to interview with their admissions committee this week or next (before I submit my application). Has anybody ever heard of doing an adcom interview before you even apply? I'm just a bit confused cause they won't have my PS or resume or anything.

Good to have you! Welcome.

I've never heard of a pre-application interview but I can't imagine it's a bad thing. Enjoy the opportunity to "set yourself apart". 8)

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:45 am

ponderingmeerkat wrote:

Good to have you! Welcome.

I've never heard of a pre-application interview but I can't imagine it's a bad thing. Enjoy the opportunity to "set yourself apart". 8)

based on what I've seen last year, WUSTL does whatever it can to keep its medians up, so I suspect you have a 167+. pretty much anyone who was at the medians last year got 120K+ in $$$$. tons of people also got accepted two days after they interviewed, so this comes as no surprise. I'm not sure if they'd accept you before you apply, though.

playersball

Bronze

Postby playersball » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:17 am

Checking in because the anxiety for apps to open is real. Also at what point is your personal statement actually finished? I cannot see myself ever being 100% satisfied with it

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:23 am

playersball wrote:Checking in because the anxiety for apps to open is real. Also at what point is your personal statement actually finished? I cannot see myself ever being 100% satisfied with it

Haha I had the same struggle with my PS last year.

My first draft turned out to be DRASTICALLY different from my final version, and there were like 10 different versions in between. I think I decided that I was finished when I brought the final version to fresh editors to read and they all said "this is awesome." Whereas in the beginning, editors would say "hmmmm ______(explain this/ clarify this/ improve this) _______." Also, throughout the process, I always had this feeling that I was leaving things out and would have to find ways to add them. In the end, I couldn't think of anything else to add and strongly felt I said everything I wanted to say in the way I wanted to.

Of course, there's always ways to improve a piece of writing but when I clicked the "submit" button, I was confident that I submitted a polished product that encapsulated everything I wanted to say.

Hope this helps

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:25 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I've almost finished TNG

ive been meaning to start this actually. i work in a lab and the olds nerd out about star trek pretty often and always shame the younger staff for not knowing star trek things.

worried i might fall into the abyss though.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:04 pm

WUSTL approached me for an interview shortly after June LSAT scores were announced. As proteinshake suggested, they appear to aggressively court LSAT scores above their median/75th.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:55 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I've almost finished TNG

ive been meaning to start this actually. i work in a lab and the olds nerd out about star trek pretty often and always shame the younger staff for not knowing star trek things.

worried i might fall into the abyss though.

Yeah I started off being "meh" about it, now I'm bummed I'm done with it.

Its a good show to just have on in the background while doing other stuff

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:57 pm

Haven't gotten any fee waivers :(

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Haven't gotten any fee waivers :(

Did you update your CRS preference to say that you're applying for 2016-2017 cycle on LSAC?

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:28 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:

Did you update your CRS preference to say that you're applying for 2016-2017 cycle on LSAC?

Yeah couple days ago but this might have been after initial wave of fee waivers.

Did people find out if they roll over? I thought waivers didn't.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Yeah couple days ago but this might have been after initial wave of fee waivers.

Oh, yeah it takes a week or two for it to kick in haha I updated like 2-3 weeks ago and I just started getting fee waivers from T4s this week.

And waivers do roll over from what I can tell. I received fee waivers last year from schools (for example, UVA, UChicago, etc.) and they all say waived at the bottom of their application.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Oh, yeah it takes a week or two for it to kick in haha I updated like 2-3 weeks ago and I just started getting fee waivers from T4s this week.

And waivers do roll over from what I can tell. I received fee waivers last year from schools (for example, UVA, UChicago, etc.) and they all say waived at the bottom of their application.

sweet, should save some monies.

I recently moved to a new city and all this app stuff has totally slipped my mind.

Which I assume is bad, lol

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

sweet, should save some monies.

I recently moved to a new city and all this app stuff has totally slipped my mind.

Which I assume is bad, lol

LOL at least you have an excuse. I was so preoccupied riding out waitlists last cycle that I forgot that applications for the next cycle opened up August-September. yikes.

Finding out that waivers rolled over the next cycle was like finding money under my couch lol

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?