TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

brinicolec

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:42 pm

dasq5511 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
chandhi wrote:OK time to make an embarrassing confession since we're obviously so comfortable with each other now.

A (very small, almost non-existent) part of the reason why I picked my school was because I really like the ID # they assigned me.

A really big completely existent part of me judged every school I visited by the types of food on campus and within short walking distance. I have standards that go beyond employment outcomes.

Oh I'll admit to that with no shame. I chose my school because I need more cheese curds in my life

I definitely did some research on which school has the nicest sweatshirts/attire before I committed

Selection for law students specifically always seems mediocre. Lol

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Mr. Meeseeks wrote:
curry1 wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
Ave Maria School of Law e-mail, 15 minutes ago wrote:Experience Ave Law on the Gulf Coast of Naples, Florida!

some of these TTTT e-mails are more like travel brochures

That's what they're selling --- the ability to live off the federal government's teat for three years in relative comfort (before unemployment and being drowned with debt for the rest of your life).

where do I sign up?

Lol you don't want to live in Naples

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 pm

brinicolec wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
chandhi wrote:OK time to make an embarrassing confession since we're obviously so comfortable with each other now.

A (very small, almost non-existent) part of the reason why I picked my school was because I really like the ID # they assigned me.

A really big completely existent part of me judged every school I visited by the types of food on campus and within short walking distance. I have standards that go beyond employment outcomes.

Oh I'll admit to that with no shame. I chose my school because I need more cheese curds in my life

I definitely did some research on which school has the nicest sweatshirts/attire before I committed

Right??? Like let's face it, for some of these schools the law school is the most prestigious part (what even is Duke Med?) You'd think they'd go all out on the apparel but no

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:

Right??? Like let's face it, for some of these schools the law school is the most prestigious part (what even is Duke Med?) You'd think they'd go all out on the apparel but no

the law school apparel that i saw are so mediocre that i seriously contemplated on designing some myself

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:58 pm

galeatus wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:

the law school apparel that i saw are so mediocre that i seriously contemplated on designing some myself

Can you design for me too?? Not too psyched about the UChi sweatshirts

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:03 am

My plan is to get regular school apparel and add a strip of duct tape with "Law" written on it :lol:

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:25 am

brinicolec wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:

whaaat I always considered Duke Med the most prestigious of the professional programs at Duke.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Postby Stephylynette » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:43 am

proteinshake wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:

whaaat I always considered Duke Med the most prestigious of the professional programs at Duke.

I think it's ranked like number 7. Idk what Degrees is talking about :lol:

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:36 am

Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Right??? Like let's face it, for some of these schools the law school is the most prestigious part (what even is Duke Med?) You'd think they'd go all out on the apparel but no

It's called a joke guyz, med is clearly the more prestigious schools for Duke. But for schools like Mich, UVA, Penn I would think they would hype the law school a little more

Stephylynette

Bronze

Postby Stephylynette » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:46 am

Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Right??? Like let's face it, for some of these schools the law school is the most prestigious part (what even is Duke Med?) You'd think they'd go all out on the apparel but no

It's called a joke guyz, med is clearly the more prestigious schools for Duke. But for schools like Mich, UVA, Penn I would think they would hype the law school a little more

Ohhhh you right. My bad :lol:

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:50 am

Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

I think think the real big difference would be for NYU, Michigan, and uva. the rest are about equal with their regular national university ranking. And maybe Berkeley, but I feel like they have a ton of outstanding grad programs in various fields and law is just one of them

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:57 am

galeatus wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:

I found out when I visited SC that the student organizations sell law clothing. They funraise by doing this. So by offering a very small selection of law clothing, they allow the groups to earn money.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:19 am

Keilz wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

I think think the real big difference would be for NYU, Michigan, and uva. the rest are about equal with their regular national university ranking. And maybe Berkeley, but I feel like they have a ton of outstanding grad programs in various fields and law is just one of them

I think NYU undergrad is like.. T40... But that just depends on what you go for. Stern (their business school) is fairly highly ranked (googled, it's #12, so it's okay...). I think NYU's BIG thing is Tisch, which is the school for performing arts; it's probably like... top 5 or something. I know nothing about Michigan outside of their law school lol. UVA is like... top 30 probably. So yeah... They're not terrible UG-wise but their law schools are still better lol.

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Postby tuesdayninja » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:36 am

brinicolec wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

I think NYU undergrad is like.. T40... But that just depends on what you go for. Stern (their business school) is fairly highly ranked (googled, it's #12, so it's okay...). I think NYU's BIG thing is Tisch, which is the school for performing arts; it's probably like... top 5 or something. I know nothing about Michigan outside of their law school lol. UVA is like... top 30 probably. So yeah... They're not terrible UG-wise but their law schools are still better lol.

Michigan is a top public university with amazing top ranked engineering, medical, nursing, business, psychology, education, law, etc. etc. programs. We also have the best fight song and colors. Ann Arbor is a gorgeous town. And the big house is a religious mecca of football. Go blue!!!!!! (No bias, just went there for UG).

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:14 pm

I have been working on my posting game. Getting that number up there by using the lounge. It isn't so scary!

baseballfan660

Bronze

Postby baseballfan660 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:36 pm

chandhi wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:Late to the party and more of a lurker, but if anyone wants my instagram feel free, to hop into my private messages and ask. If you like cake or funny throwback pictures you should def follow me.

Follow me @chandhi and I'll follow back! Will also aggressively support your law school posts with likes and comments

Thanks I followed you last night, and you followed me back :)

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:46 pm

baseballfan660 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:Late to the party and more of a lurker, but if anyone wants my instagram feel free, to hop into my private messages and ask. If you like cake or funny throwback pictures you should def follow me.

Follow me @chandhi and I'll follow back! Will also aggressively support your law school posts with likes and comments

I must say, your username is quite misleading. I see nothing on your Instagram about baseball lol. But the plentiful chocolate cake posts are indeed #dank

baseballfan660

Bronze

Postby baseballfan660 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:50 pm

chandhi wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
chandhi wrote:

I must say, your username is quite misleading. I see nothing on your Instagram about baseball lol. But the plentiful chocolate cake posts are indeed #dank

hahaha thanks, did not want to have my username here be the same as any social media, because I don't want to be tracked. I do love baseball tho, it was my old AIM name, what a throwback! Nothing better than dank cake tho.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:17 pm

What site does everyone use for booking flights/hotels?

jstans

Bronze

Postby jstans » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:31 pm

ashrice13 wrote:What site does everyone use for booking flights/hotels?

Kayak or skyscanner for flights usually, Airbnb for hotels (I know they're not really hotels but still)

meeseeks

Silver

Postby meeseeks » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Kayak is my go to

charles117

Bronze

Postby charles117 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:50 pm

google flights

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Mr. Meeseeks wrote:

Kayak is my go to

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:11 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
Mr. Meeseeks wrote:

Kayak is my go to

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:00 pm

Kopetz wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Mr. Meeseeks wrote:

Kayak is my go to

Thanks for the consensus!! That helps

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?