TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

brinicolec

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:51 am

proteinshake wrote:
zeglo wrote:
KMart wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
TexasENG wrote:In the course of trying to research some schools for my "Why" essays I have come to the conclusion that certain law schools have absolutely fucking horrible websites. FFS guys your students are paying 60k each per year, hire a web developer...

MICHIGAN

Michigan's website looks like a blog and so unprofessional, lmao.

You'll come to love their status checker and adcomms, however

Complaining about a school's website makes you look so arrogant. Do you even know how to make websites? Besides, Michigan has the most castle-looking campus, so they kinda win on the non-Internet part.

try going on their website on a mobile device. I can't even read anything.

Guessing that means they didn't choose a layout that's mobile-friendly. I don't hate their site when viewing on my Macbook but I do recall feeling like I was doing a lot of clicking when I was working on the thread.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:38 am

USayinBoalt wrote:
proteinshake wrote:where can I get a good resume template designed for someone who is a student or just graduated?

Harvard admissions has 3 different "successful" examples here: http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/jdadmissions/apply-to-harvard-law-school/the-application-process/application-components/

Am I missing something? I only see resume examples on that page.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:17 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
USayinBoalt wrote:
proteinshake wrote:where can I get a good resume template designed for someone who is a student or just graduated?

Harvard admissions has 3 different "successful" examples here: http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/jdadmissions/apply-to-harvard-law-school/the-application-process/application-components/

Bolt is saying to copy the format of the resume on that page if you like one of them

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:45 pm

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:22 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:Northwestern 2020 is up. :D

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=268381&p=9528566#p9528566

8) 8)

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Can't wait to be filling out some apps with you guys. I'm ready to fuck the LSAT where it hurts and be done with it!!!

Eta: can I start filling out apps now and just not submit them so that way when I get my score I can just submit right away? Basically, is there a save/draft type thing with the apps? Or should I just wait to start filling them out after I get my score.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:59 pm

You can start now

Eta To better answer, yes it saves and it'll also autocomplete most of the other apps for fields that are the same. You can have everything 99% complete then sit on it.
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:59 pm

How's everyone doing tonight

zeglo

Silver

Postby zeglo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:00 pm

zeglo wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone doing tonight

My goal is to have every application filled out by Thursday morning and then submit them all at once.

My question to anyone that knows: Will the applications open up right on September 1st at midnight? Or there is a certain time past 12AM?

I like how this is a response to "how's everybody doing tonight"

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:23 pm

proteinshake wrote:
zeglo wrote:

My goal is to have every application filled out by Thursday morning and then submit them all at once.

My question to anyone that knows: Will the applications open up right on September 1st at midnight? Or there is a certain time past 12AM?

:lol:

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:23 pm

zeglo wrote:

I think it depends on the school but idk

KMart

Gold

Postby KMart » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:26 pm

proteinshake wrote:
zeglo wrote:

oh you'll learn next fall it only gets worse :lol:

mdu

New

Postby mdu » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:56 am

I am reapplying this cycle. Does anyone know how that works regarding unsolicited fee waivers received last cycle? Is it possible they are still in the system? If not, do the schools know that I am not attending law school this year to send out another one, or do I have to beg for one?

mdu

New

Postby mdu » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:42 am

mdu wrote:I am reapplying this cycle. Does anyone know how that works regarding unsolicited fee waivers received last cycle? Is it possible they are still in the system? If not, do the schools know that I am not attending law school this year to send out another one, or do I have to beg for one?

Actually glad to report that the waivers seem to have rolled over to this year automatically, based on the few apps that are up already on LSAC.
Another question though, between Berkeley, UVA and UMich, (the #8 ranked schools) does any have a reputation for being more generous than the others with scholarships?

zeglo

Silver

Postby zeglo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:07 am

Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:06 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:You can start now

Eta To better answer, yes it saves and it'll also autocomplete most of the other apps for fields that are the same. You can have everything 99% complete then sit on it.

Thanks!!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:06 pm

proteinshake wrote:
USayinBoalt wrote:

Bolt is saying to copy the format of the resume on that page if you like one of them

I thought we were talking about PS. I have no idea why I thought that

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:07 pm

mdu wrote:I am reapplying this cycle. Does anyone know how that works regarding unsolicited fee waivers received last cycle? Is it possible they are still in the system? If not, do the schools know that I am not attending law school this year to send out another one, or do I have to beg for one?

They did not roll for me (I applied two years ago) but if you have your CRS profile expected year correct you will get unsoliciteds

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:22 pm

They did not roll for me (I applied two years ago) but if you have your CRS profile expected year correct you will get unsoliciteds

so far, Duke, Chicago, and Michigan have rolled over for me (and those are the only available T14 apps so far). I applied last cycle.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:30 pm

proteinshake wrote:

so far, Duke, Chicago, and Michigan have rolled over for me (and those are the only available T14 apps so far). I applied last cycle.

By rolled do you mean they have sent you a new one unsolicited or you were able to just use the same one again? I specifically asked Duke and they said that PT wouldn't roll.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:33 pm

Oh shit guise...think my PS is done, resume is looking solid, Why X letters are on target and my "I was a bad bad boy" addendums are as contrite as I can make them.

Bring on Sept 1. Ready to get this ball rolling (at least at my safeties...T14's will have to wait until post-Sept LSAT).

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:34 pm

proteinshake wrote:

By rolled do you mean they have sent you a new one unsolicited or you were able to just use the same one again? I specifically asked Duke and they said that PT wouldn't roll.

no email from any of em. I clicked on the app and it said it was waived at the bottom.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:24 pm

proteinshake wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

no email from any of em. I clicked on the app and it said it was waived at the bottom.

Well that kinda sucks for me :/ Duke said no but at least I got the PT in the first wave. Mich said I'd get one through CRS but it hasn't happened yet, and Chi. said they weren't doing Merit based at all which is weird because it's a bold face lie

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Last edited by R. Jeeves on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?