TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Keilz

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby Keilz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Can't wait to move out of my house. So sick of living with a thirteen year old omg

I can handle any roommate now. I've been going to camp for 13 years and was an RA and she's the worst I've ever had.

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:38 pm

riddle me this jeeves, why would denver build a new airport when they had a perfectly functioning one already.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 pm

amta wrote:riddle me this jeeves, why would denver build a new airport when they had a perfectly functioning one already.

[+] Spoiler

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:32 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:

[+] Spoiler

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 am

How does one even start looking for a roommate/apartment? I moved right into my fraternity house from the dorms, so have never actually had to look for housing :oops:

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 am

thatlawlkid wrote:How does one even start looking for a roommate/apartment? I moved right into my fraternity house from the dorms, so have never actually had to look for housing :oops:

:| :| :| :|

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:38 am

HennessyVSOP wrote: :| :| :| :|

What's good, beautiful?

Earlskies

Bronze

Postby Earlskies » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:55 am

R. Jeeves wrote:Once he tried to exorcise a demon that he accused me of admitting into our room - was kinda scared to sleep from then on.

I'm confused - is the issue that he is crazy? Or is the issue that he asked your invited guest to leave without reason?

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:58 am

do i have to tell my law school that I got a speeding ticket?

tncats

Bronze

Postby tncats » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:04 am

Stylnator wrote:do i have to tell my law school that I got a speeding ticket?

yeah :(

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:12 am

tncats wrote:

should i wait until after I try and contest or will that look sketchy?

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 am

Earlskies wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:Once he tried to exorcise a demon that he accused me of admitting into our room - was kinda scared to sleep from then on.

I'm confused - is the issue that he is crazy? Or is the issue that he asked your invited guest to leave without reason?

the crazy was the issue

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:18 am

Stylnator wrote:what are some good roommate questions that i should be asking when picking people to live with? I lived in a single all throughout undergrad and now in a one bedroom and i really don't know what to look out for. If they seem somewhat clean + nice they're probably ok right..?

I'd also ask if they cook a lot and if they're homebodies.

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Postby Litt1tUp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:19 am

Stylnator wrote:
tncats wrote:

Uhh is it a typical speeding ticket ? Because why would they care? Even on the character and fitness sections of the application, it'd say omit traffic violations.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 am

amta wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

[+] Spoiler

I watched all 20 mins of this. Goddamn.

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:21 am

Litt1tUp wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
tncats wrote:

Uhh is it a typical speeding ticket ? Because why would they care? Even on the character and fitness sections of the application, it'd say omit traffic violations.

I was going over the limit by 8mph so yeah typical in that there wasn't recklessness or anything. idk why they'd care but I don't want to do the wrong thing

tncats

Bronze

Postby tncats » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:27 am

Stylnator wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
tncats wrote:

I was going over the limit by 8mph so yeah typical in that there wasn't recklessness or anything. idk why they'd care but I don't want to do the wrong thing

I don't think they're going to care, but you do have to report it. The ticket itself isn't going to be an issue, but not reporting it could be. I would just go ahead and disclose it to the school and let them know you're contesting it.

FWIW, many of my applications did not say to omit traffic violations.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 am

If you have to ask whether or not you should report it, you should just report it. If it's not important, the schools will let you know.

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:50 am

thatlawlkid wrote:How does one even start looking for a roommate/apartment? I moved right into my fraternity house from the dorms, so have never actually had to look for housing :oops:

Moving from a small city in the midwest (with a surprisingly competitive rental market up til this year - construction just outpaced demand this last year) to Boston is gonna be a big change. Settled on a (1 bd for me and my fiance) apartment just this week after wasting many a workday scouring craigslist for the city. For roommates you can go by the 'by-owner' section and there's a decent number of people looking to fill just 1 room. Or your school's FB group to get a group of roommates together or something - each city will probably be different, I think you just have to get familiar with what the listings are like.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:55 am

Dodocogon wrote:

Moving from a small city in the midwest (with a surprisingly competitive rental market up til this year - construction just outpaced demand this last year) to Boston is gonna be a big change. Settled on a (1 bd for me and my fiance) apartment just this week after wasting many a workday scouring craigslist for the city. For roommates you can go by the 'by-owner' section and there's a decent number of people looking to fill just 1 room. Or your school's FB group to get a group of roommates together or something - each city will probably be different, I think you just have to get familiar with what the listings are like.

Thanks! Appreciate the advice

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:56 am

Litt1tUp wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
tncats wrote:

Almost always right, but not 100%

I'd check the C&F just to be sure. Even if you do have to disclose just say it happened, don't need any flourish

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 am

thatlawlkid wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:

Thanks! Appreciate the advice

Other websites to check, other than Craigslist, are Apartments.com, Zillow.com, and if you're going to NYC - StreetEasy.com and NakedApartments.com.

I think Craigslist is generally best for cheaper options & finding roommates, though.

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:02 am

airwrecka wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

Other websites to check, other than Craigslist, are Apartments.com, Zillow.com, and if you're going to NYC - StreetEasy.com and NakedApartments.com.

I think Craigslist is generally best for cheaper options & finding roommates, though.

Yeah, I spent a lot of time everywhere - at least in Boston, there was a lot of duplicates. Just have to hang out on those sites for awhile and figure out the market/what you're looking for.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:19 am

1 or 2 schools I applied to required disclosure of speeding tickets (which I have)

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:28 am

I think what I just did on FB counts as full on stuntin

#soblessed #noragrets

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?