TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Hennessy

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby Hennessy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:30 pm

jstans wrote:Any work that I do just feels like busy work now that my cycle is over. Help.

Agreed, even though my cycle isn't over - having so much trouble focusing at work every day

latetothis

Bronze

Postby latetothis » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Last edited by latetothis on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

govlife

Bronze

Postby govlife » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:32 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
latetothis wrote:I'm curious to know how the reapplicants have fared in this cycle. I'm retaking the LSAT in June (third and final try) and considering reapplying depending on the score.

Holy cow, congrats on an awesome cycle!

dietcoke1

Silver

Postby dietcoke1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:34 pm

govlife wrote:

thank you! congrats to you as well!

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:58 pm

pretzeltime wrote:the chillest flex would be to add your school to your fb/news feed in like November as if you were so busy living your best life that you forgot to update until then

i prob won't last that long but will wait at least until orientation

Nah - carry it to the grave.

Here lies 34iplaw
89->CLS* 2020->2024

*The real CLS - Cooley Law School

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:27 pm

just realized my professor from undergrad wrote getting to maybe. based on my grade, maybe i should've read his book back then..

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Anyone else already having law school related nightmares?

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Welp I'm gonna be in an LDR for the next three years. Fun. At least I have a ton of free flights.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Anyone else already having law school related nightmares?

too soon.

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Postby The_Pluviophile » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:

too soon.

Too soon to have them, or too soon to bring up that you're having them?

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:49 pm

The_Pluviophile wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

too soon.

Too soon to be having them. Class hasn't even started. Just imagine the nightmares you will be having once in school.

Imagine getting cold called and when you are about to answer and everyone is looking at you strangely and you realize you're naked. Now that's a nightmare lol.

forum_user

Silver

Postby forum_user » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:50 pm

bwaldorf wrote:Welp I'm gonna be in an LDR for the next three years. Fun. At least I have a ton of free flights.

If you guys are both mature and know what you're getting into, it's not that bad. In the abstract it sucks having to rely on the strength of a wifi connection for most of your day-to-day interactions, but it's totally doable and you definitely get used to it.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:01 pm

bwaldorf wrote:Welp I'm gonna be in an LDR for the next three years. Fun. At least I have a ton of free flights.

I've been in one since May 2013 (1hr away), then May 2014 (7 hrs away)

If you have an end goal and your own life, it's reasonable, especially when you're at school. I'm not at school so it kind of sucks at times. But at school you have your own social network and things to do to keep you busy.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
The_Pluviophile wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

too soon.

Too soon to be having them. Class hasn't even started. Just imagine the nightmares you will be having once in school.

Imagine getting cold called and when you are about to answer and everyone is looking at you strangely and you realize you're naked. Now that's a nightmare lol.

I still have nightmares about UG even though I'm seven years out, lol. I'm honestly surprised it took me this long to start having LS nightmares.

carasrook

Bronze

Postby carasrook » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Keilz wrote:

If you have an end goal and your own life, it's reasonable, especially when you're at school. I'm not at school so it kind of sucks at times. But at school you have your own social network and things to do to keep you busy.

i'll be entering one as well :( anyone have advice? it's going to be a plane ride dependent LDR too.

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Postby HonestlyThough » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:20 pm

carasrook wrote:
Keilz wrote:

i'll be entering one as well :( anyone have advice? it's going to be a plane ride dependent LDR too.

checking in! Likely also me, though maybe not. *fingers crossed*

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:22 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:
carasrook wrote:
Keilz wrote:

checking in! Likely also me, though maybe not. *fingers crossed*

A few of us gave some advice a couple pages back on this thread :mrgreen:

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Stylnator wrote:just realized my professor from undergrad wrote getting to maybe. based on my grade, maybe i should've read his book back then..

lolololol

Also I thought both the GTM authors were still law professors

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Stylnator wrote:just realized my professor from undergrad wrote getting to maybe. based on my grade, maybe i should've read his book back then..

lolololol

Also I thought both the GTM authors were still law professors

mine still is but also teaches an undergrad course for pre law students. i wanna support my prof but damn $30 for a new edition of the book is $$

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:38 pm

what are some good roommate questions that i should be asking when picking people to live with? I lived in a single all throughout undergrad and now in a one bedroom and i really don't know what to look out for. If they seem somewhat clean + nice they're probably ok right..?

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:50 pm

LDRs suck. But so does breaking up. But LDRs suck more.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Stylnator wrote:what are some good roommate questions that i should be asking when picking people to live with? I lived in a single all throughout undergrad and now in a one bedroom and i really don't know what to look out for. If they seem somewhat clean + nice they're probably ok right..?

ask about cleanliness. I had dirty roommates and our kitchen was a nightmare.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Stylnator wrote:what are some good roommate questions that i should be asking when picking people to live with? I lived in a single all throughout undergrad and now in a one bedroom and i really don't know what to look out for. If they seem somewhat clean + nice they're probably ok right..?

ime 9/11 truthers should be a hard no. Got paired with one freshman yr of UG an he was insane and annoying. Once he tried to exorcise a demon that he accused me of admitting into our room - was kinda scared to sleep from then on.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:05 pm

another good thing to ask about is what their sleep schedule is. are they a morning person or night owl? that can be a problem sometimes if you and your roommate are opposite. and also their feelings about having people over who don't live at the apartment. and how loud of a person they are (do they love listening to music 100% of the time through giant speakers? will they get mad if that's something you love?).

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:09 pm

airwrecka wrote:

another good thing to ask about is what their sleep schedule is. are they a morning person or night owl? that can be a problem sometimes if you and your roommate are opposite. and also their feelings about having people over who don't live at the apartment. and how loud of a person they are (do they love listening to music 100% of the time through giant speakers? will they get mad if that's something you love?).

although it is less of a problem if you're assertive! I would literally walk into the living room and turn down the TV volume, turn off all the lights (so it doesn't come through the door), and notify everyone that I'm going to sleep before I went to bed :lol:

but on a serious note, I agree with this! it sucks rooming with people who stay up way later than you and are constantly talking/laughing.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?