TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Monday

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby Monday » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:23 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

potterotter

Bronze

Postby potterotter » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:32 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:40 am

People keep mentioning "Kevin" on here....I must've missed the day when this happened, but....who's Kevin?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:43 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:People keep mentioning "Kevin" on here....I must've missed the day when this happened, but....who's Kevin?

It was glorious. One sec

E: check out the thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=276316&hilit=Ave

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:50 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:People keep mentioning "Kevin" on here....I must've missed the day when this happened, but....who's Kevin?

It was glorious. One sec

LMAO i might pay money to see the deleted posts...

JC2017

New

Postby JC2017 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:06 am

https://media.tenor.co/images/5b067c436 ... /tenor.gif

(Why can't I get this to show up on the thread? It doesn't let me use the [img] for some reason)

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:13 am

JC2017 wrote:https://media.tenor.co/images/5b067c436afcbe4e45c03084565ba50f/tenor.gif

(Why can't I get this to show up on the thread? It doesn't let me use the [img] for some reason)

you need 100 posts to post an image. sorry it's VIP only

JC2017

New

Postby JC2017 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:16 am

Baby Gaga wrote:
JC2017 wrote:https://media.tenor.co/images/5b067c436afcbe4e45c03084565ba50f/tenor.gif

you need 100 posts to post an image. sorry it's VIP only

Ahhh well that's unfortunate for everyone

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:16 am

I gotchu BB

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Postby thatblondegirl » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:

It was glorious. One sec

Poor Kevin

Sarastro

Bronze

Postby Sarastro » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:40 am

It was glorious. One sec

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &hilit=Ave

Ugh, threads like those are just hard to read. He might be a shill, but there are plenty of people that legitimately hold the views he was expressing and some of them have spent six figures acting on them. I don't think that means it should be tolerated that they talk others into making the same mistakes, but people's dreams being crushed after they've staked so much on them is still painful to watch.

nickles96

New

Postby nickles96 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:46 am

thatblondegirl wrote:

It was glorious. One sec

Poor Kevin

On that Kevin thread and some others, I see people reference 1/10.
Definition please?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:48 am

Sarastro wrote:

It was glorious. One sec

Ugh, threads like those are just hard to read. He might be a shill, but there are plenty of people that legitimately hold the views he was expressing and some of them have spent six figures acting on them. I don't think that means it should be tolerated that they talk others into making the same mistakes, but people's dreams being crushed after they've staked so much on them is still painful to watch.

If someone comes to TLS and says I spent all this money on this school and now my dreams are crushed then I think most of this site will help them find some way to get their feet under them.

This guy, if not a shill, seems to be one of the minority subset of graduates who obtains a lawyer job after graduation and was trying to convince others to take his path because he survived.

I don't think TLS crushed his dreams, just showed him that his experiences were the anomaly and that we don't take kindly to people pushing their improbable outcomes on others.

Sarastro

Bronze

Postby Sarastro » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:57 am

Sarastro wrote:Ugh, threads like those are just hard to read. He might be a shill, but there are plenty of people that legitimately hold the views he was expressing and some of them have spent six figures acting on them. I don't think that means it should be tolerated that they talk others into making the same mistakes, but people's dreams being crushed after they've staked so much on them is still painful to watch.

If someone comes to TLS and says I spent all this money on this school and now my dreams are crushed then I think most of this site will help them find some way to get their feet under them.

This guy, if not a shill, seems to be one of the minority subset of graduates who obtains a lawyer job after graduation and was trying to convince others to take his path because he survived.

I don't think TLS crushed his dreams, just showed him that his experiences were the anomaly and that we don't take kindly to people pushing their improbable outcomes on others.

And like I said, I think it's a good thing that TLS is hard on people like that for the same reasons you mentioned. I didn't see the deleted posts, but I assumed he said the typical stuff about "well a law degree is a law degree, mine is just as good as a T1, my degree just has a different name at the top, etc." I guess I was speaking more to the people you see that aren't even that successful or haven't graduated yet from those places and yet still think they got a great deal somehow. Better that they're corrected than someone take their advice, but it still sucks that people are in positions that need correcting, I guess.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Sarastro wrote:
Sarastro wrote:Ugh, threads like those are just hard to read. He might be a shill, but there are plenty of people that legitimately hold the views he was expressing and some of them have spent six figures acting on them. I don't think that means it should be tolerated that they talk others into making the same mistakes, but people's dreams being crushed after they've staked so much on them is still painful to watch.

And like I said, I think it's a good thing that TLS is hard on people like that for the same reasons you mentioned. I didn't see the deleted posts, but I assumed he said the typical stuff about "well a law degree is a law degree, mine is just as good as a T1, my degree just has a different name at the top, etc." I guess I was speaking more to the people you see that aren't even that successful or haven't graduated yet from those places and yet still think they got a great deal somehow. Better that they're corrected than someone take their advice, but it still sucks that people are in positions that need correcting, I guess.

Hard agree. Going to law school is not a joke of a decision and has real and serious consequences for people who make poor choices. If people were just mocking someone for going to Ave Maria generally, that would be petty and gross, but a successful AM grad telling people to go to predatory schools for legal training is like a lottery winner telling people to buy scratch-offs for retirement.

Sarastro

Bronze

Postby Sarastro » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Kopetz wrote:
Sarastro wrote:And like I said, I think it's a good thing that TLS is hard on people like that for the same reasons you mentioned. I didn't see the deleted posts, but I assumed he said the typical stuff about "well a law degree is a law degree, mine is just as good as a T1, my degree just has a different name at the top, etc." I guess I was speaking more to the people you see that aren't even that successful or haven't graduated yet from those places and yet still think they got a great deal somehow. Better that they're corrected than someone take their advice, but it still sucks that people are in positions that need correcting, I guess.

Hard agree. Going to law school is not a joke of a decision and has real and serious consequences for people who make poor choices. If people were just mocking someone for going to Ave Maria generally, that would be petty and gross, but a successful AM grad telling people to go to predatory schools for legal training is like a lottery winner telling people to buy scratch-offs for retirement.

Agreed. Maybe my initial response underestimated how well off he actually was- I'm definitely not defending him. Most of his responses are deleted now except a vague "I have a great job lined up" that seemed to be more defensive than earnest lol

jstans

Bronze

Postby jstans » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:39 pm

Just realized I forgot to withdraw from a school whose deposit deadline is tomorrow. I feel like I've been leading them on since they've been emailing the heck out of me, but sadly they do not get a rose this go around.

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:17 pm

jstans wrote:Just realized I forgot to withdraw from a school whose deposit deadline is tomorrow. I feel like I've been leading them on since they've been emailing the heck out of me, but sadly they do not get a rose this go around.

sometimes you have to wait until the rose ceremony to break up otherwise there's no dramatic tension. Reality tv 101

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:15 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
RParadela wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:For us single people, how far of a distance do you think is an acceptable spread for your tinder? I try to keep my swipes under 25 miles currently, but I imagine the city I might drop that to 10

How far are you willing to drive to get laid? There's your answer

Come one, dude. Tinder is so 2016. The trend these days is to message people you find attractive on LinkedIn and ask if they're interested in meeting up for drinks.

TLS dating app? It'll just show LSAT/GPA/law school. Instead of yes/no it can be yes/retake

Came across this late, but gawd damn I love this post.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:32 pm

what kind of government jobs are people talking about when they say "Big Gov"

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:58 pm

proteinshake wrote:what kind of government jobs are people talking about when they say "Big Gov"

DOJ, DOD, FED, and any other number of abc orgs.

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:14 pm

i just sent in my deposit!!! i'm going to law school friends!! :D

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Stylnator wrote:i just sent in my deposit!!! i'm going to law school friends!! :D

Good on ya mate. Where at?

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:28 am

Of course I begin a relationship with someone in D.C. when I've already committed to STL. Well.

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:03 am

fips tedora wrote:
Stylnator wrote:i just sent in my deposit!!! i'm going to law school friends!! :D

Good on ya mate. Where at?

UConn! :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?