TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

dietcoke1

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby dietcoke1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:22 pm

RParadela wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
chandhi wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:Lol. I get the how did I manage that combined with the surprised that I actually have brains response. Then again, I've gotten those shocked I'm smart responses my entire life so I'm used to it.

THIS. So much this. I just kinda come off as unintelligent I think.

I graduated high school with a 2.9 so I'm sure people feel the same way about me lol

Also was a super slacker in high school but I don't think anyone thought I was dumb, people just thought I was a degenerate lol

yeah I made the mistake of continuing to slack off through the first 1/2 of college lol

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Lmao y'all I truly relate, I tell people about Northwestern and they're like "oh Northeastern you mean?"

Drag me sis! (No shade @ Northeastern at all)

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:25 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Lmao y'all I truly relate, I tell people about Northwestern and they're like "oh Northeastern you mean?"

"Did I stutter?"

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Postby thatblondegirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:25 pm

proteinshake wrote:
chandhi wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:Lol. I get the how did I manage that combined with the surprised that I actually have brains response. Then again, I've gotten those shocked I'm smart responses my entire life so I'm used to it.

I graduated high school with a 2.9 so I'm sure people feel the same way about me lol

That's the thing though, I was Valedictorian. Even after the graduation ceremony I was getting snide remarks about how I couldn't have possibly been the "smartest" person in our class, that I must have cheated my way to the top, etc. I guess that's what I get for being a blonde chick who was Varsity cheer captain ::hairflip::

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:26 pm

chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:I think most people are pretty shocked when I tell them the law schools I'm considering. But I can't really blame them. Had I told myself 5 years ago I'd be in this situation, I'd be pretty shocked too lol

Like, impressed shocked? Lol

Yeah, like how did I manage to do that lol

Yeah, I get that vibe sometimes too. Michigan doesn't have as much lay prestige though so it's not quite as fun as when I say something like "Georgetown" and ppl are like "Wow, that's a good school!" :lol:

OK same. People were out of control happy for me about Duke and I was like uhhh Duke is lower ranked and has no Admissions Cat

:lol:

Oh well. I have no problem being like "Well actually, Michigan is top 10 in the nation sooooo"

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:28 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
chandhi wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:Same. My boss's eyes turned to dinner plates when I told him what law schools I was deciding between (after I had just told him I'm leaving in June to go to law school). Pretty sure he expected me to say I was going to the local TTT

LOL I started passive aggressively using my NYU post its whenever the attorneys assigned me something menial to do. They're all super invested in my future now and offering to mentor me :lol:

Ha YES! Passive aggressive FTW. I should start taking notes in my Northwestern moleskin during meetings (even though I'm not going there :lol:)

Currently picturing someone secretly drawing pictures in the NW moleskin during meetings just to show it off, using NYU post it notes to make their point while their Duke lanyard dangles from their pocket

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:31 pm

chandhi wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
chandhi wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:Same. My boss's eyes turned to dinner plates when I told him what law schools I was deciding between (after I had just told him I'm leaving in June to go to law school). Pretty sure he expected me to say I was going to the local TTT

LOL I started passive aggressively using my NYU post its whenever the attorneys assigned me something menial to do. They're all super invested in my future now and offering to mentor me :lol:

Ha YES! Passive aggressive FTW. I should start taking notes in my Northwestern moleskin during meetings (even though I'm not going there :lol:)

Currently picturing someone secretly drawing pictures in the NW moleskin during meetings just to show it off, using NYU post it notes to make their point while their Duke lanyard dangles from their pocket

Michigan is sending me a shirt now that I've deposited. Wish they'd send some other 'nalia too!

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Postby thatblondegirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:33 pm

chandhi wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
chandhi wrote:

OMG, this! Just add in using their Cornell water bottle and wearing their Virginia Law shirt (both from ASW) and I think you'll have all of the bases covered :lol:

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:33 pm

brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
chandhi wrote:

Michigan is sending me a shirt now that I've deposited. Wish they'd send some other 'nalia too!

SAME. I think I deposited a few days before you so I'll let you know when mine gets here. I run to the mailbox everyday after work hahaha.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:34 pm

chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
chandhi wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
chandhi wrote:

SAME. I think I deposited a few days before you so I'll let you know when mine gets here. I run to the mailbox everyday after work hahaha.

Maybe they'll surprise us with a pen or something :lol:

gargleblaster

Bronze

Postby gargleblaster » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:41 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Lmao y'all I truly relate, I tell people about Northwestern and they're like "oh Northeastern you mean?"

indifferent shade - the most piercing kind of shade

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:44 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I didn't mention rank in my LS announcement post, but did mention that I'd gotten more money than I expected (because I was excited about it lol), then had a thank you at the end for all my friends who let me freak out in their phone all cycle.

i think i'll probably mention my full scholarship just folks don't think im some kind of noob going $200K into debt for school

...only $69K

69k.... nice

[+] Spoiler

jstans

Bronze

Postby jstans » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Since we're on the topic of loans today, a family friend in banking has been emailing me about private vs. federal loans. He said the only time he could talk was this morning at 10:30, which is during my first class of the day. Skipped class, took his call, and it lasted six minutes and ended with him asking me to come by his office next time I'm in the city. The class I skipped offered bonus today. I needed that bonus, and learned nothing about my loan picture. Go K-JD's trying to graduate with honors.

potterotter

Bronze

Postby potterotter » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:01 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtf612

Bronze

Postby mtf612 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Okay. That Ohio Northern apology email made me laugh.

jstans

Bronze

Postby jstans » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:04 pm

potterotter wrote:
jstans wrote:Since we're on the topic of loans today, a family friend in banking has been emailing me about private vs. federal loans. He said the only time he could talk was this morning at 10:30, which is during my first class of the day. Skipped class, took his call, and it lasted six minutes and ended with him asking me to come by his office next time I'm in the city. The class I skipped offered bonus today. I needed that bonus, and learned nothing about my loan picture. Go K-JD's trying to graduate with honors.

I printed my thesis today but I was 4 minutes late and the office closed so now I have to go back tomorrow :?

Congrats on finishing your thesis though!! Too ready to be done with mine.

potterotter

Bronze

Postby potterotter » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:05 pm

---

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm

proteinshake wrote:
chandhi wrote:

omg soulmates, I graduated with a 3.1 weighted so people are definitely surprised

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm

OHIO NORTHERN STRIKES AGAIN LMAO!!!!!!

potterotter

Bronze

Postby potterotter » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:08 pm

---

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:12 pm

dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
chandhi wrote:

omg soulmates, I graduated with a 3.1 weighted so people are definitely surprised

STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM

tncats

Bronze

Postby tncats » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:57 pm

mtf612 wrote:Okay. That Ohio Northern apology email made me laugh.

oh man, please c/p! I unsubscribed and didn't get the apology

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:04 pm

tncats wrote:
mtf612 wrote:Okay. That Ohio Northern apology email made me laugh.

oh man, please c/p! I unsubscribed and didn't get the apology

"Dear friend,

Let’s try this whole introduction thing again.

We would like to apologize for inadvertently sending you our final day-of-giving email last night. We can only imagine you thinking, “Who the heck is Ohio Northern University?” Well, if you really want to know, we are a small private college in Ohio that specializes in blending professional programs with a traditional liberal arts education. And we are pretty awesome at doing that.

Sending emails? Not so much."

Original email if you didn't get it-

"Dear Alex,

We are still counting donors, and we are still counting on you. The Founders Day Challenge is not over yet. And while hundreds of donors have made gifts today, we still have a few hours to make history. Our goal this year is the most ambitious to date for donor participation during a single day of giving. Please help us reach this goal with an online gift."

Poor Ohio Northern.

Monday

Silver

Postby Monday » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:21 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

potterotter

Bronze

Postby potterotter » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:22 pm

---

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?