TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Instrumental

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby Instrumental » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:30 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:At what point do we start regretting our choice to go to lawl skool

You haven't already? Wow look at the gunner over here.

Nightwing

Bronze

Postby Nightwing » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Instrumental wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:At what point do we start regretting our choice to go to lawl skool

lol

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Instrumental wrote:

I totally did during my busy season at work. :P

Also my 2L friend yesterday just text me yesterday saying "save yourself. don't go to law school. I'm unhappy. I talked to my old TA and he's unhappy. I regret my life choices."

:shock:

shotgunheist

Bronze

Postby shotgunheist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Here's my go to for letting people know about law school on fb.

For the public: just update my school

For the couple people that shit on me and think I'm a dumbass: make one of those targeted posts so only they see it, super gushy and pretentious, give it a day, then unfriend them, move

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Keilz wrote:
Instrumental wrote:

Also my 2L friend yesterday just text me yesterday saying "save yourself. don't go to law school. I'm unhappy. I talked to my old TA and he's unhappy. I regret my life choices."

I think every lawyer and law student I've talked to thus far has told me not to go to law school.

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:38 pm

shotgunheist wrote:Here's my go to for letting people know about law school on fb.

For the couple people that shit on me and think I'm a dumbass: make one of those targeted posts so only they see it, super gushy and pretentious, give it a day, then unfriend them, move

LOL but awkward when it gets no likes...

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Alexandros wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Instrumental wrote:

I think every lawyer and law student I've talked to thus far has told me not to go to law school.

Opposite for me. Hmmm.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:40 pm

chandhi wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Instrumental wrote:

Opposite for me. Hmmm.

I like to think that this depends on the school. But that's probably just wishful thinking lol.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:41 pm

chandhi wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Instrumental wrote:

Opposite for me. Hmmm.

"Go to "local TTToilet", I hear they have a really great program! I'm not sure why you would want to go out of state"

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:41 pm

chandhi wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Instrumental wrote:

Opposite for me. Hmmm.

Yeah, I'd def feel better about my life choices if I heard one or two positive things. :lol:

I guess it's better that than getting coerced into going by out-of-touch boomers, though.

shotgunheist

Bronze

Postby shotgunheist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:43 pm

chandhi wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:Here's my go to for letting people know about law school on fb.

nah i don't expect it to. just hope they read it. petty.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:44 pm

chandhi wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Instrumental wrote:

Opposite for me. Hmmm.

Opposite for me too. I've had a lot of non-lawyers tell me not to go. And people with JDs from TTTs who couldn't get a JD-required job afterwards. The lawyers/current Ls have just expressed excitement when I tell them.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Alexandros wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Instrumental wrote:

I get that from all the attorneys I know EXCEPT my mother and sister in law (both family law attorneys and love their work). But I also want to do PI which none of the attorneys I know does, so I think our motivations are very different. I'm not going into law because I didn't know what else to do/want to get rich. :P (not trying to bash anyone who is going to LS for those reasons, just saying they are not mine)

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:44 pm

chandhi wrote:

Make 300 fake profiles and have them like your status.

gargleblaster

Bronze

Postby gargleblaster » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Alexandros wrote:
chandhi wrote:

Make 300 fake profiles and have them like your status.

f that noise

pay a pakistani click farm to like your status 10k times

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Instrumental wrote:

can't wait for my public interest 40 STACKS per year

i'll probably regret it when i can no longer afford my car payments and i have to buy a japanese cracker box on wheels

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:51 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Keilz wrote:
Instrumental wrote:

Opposite for me. Hmmm.

Opposite for me too. I've had a lot of non-lawyers tell me not to go. And people with JDs from TTTs who couldn't get a JD-required job afterwards. The lawyers/current Ls have just expressed excitement when I tell them.

I have had literally no one tell me that I shouldn't go. Everyone just seems really excited. Maybe I only talk to super-clueless people or maybe I look so innocent and hopeful that no one wants to crush my dreams

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:51 pm

I didn't mention rank in my LS announcement post, but did mention that I'd gotten more money than I expected (because I was excited about it lol), then had a thank you at the end for all my friends who let me freak out in their phone all cycle.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:52 pm

chandhi wrote:I have had literally no one tell me that I shouldn't go. Everyone just seems really excited. Maybe I only talk to super-clueless people or maybe I look so innocent and hopeful that no one wants to crush my dreams

most folks i know smile and say "wow that's so fantastic" and then follow up with the decade-long phrase of "but i've heard right now is a really bad time to go to law school"

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:52 pm

brinicolec wrote:I didn't mention rank in my LS announcement post, but did mention that I'd gotten more money than I expected (because I was excited about it lol), then had a thank you at the end for all my friends who let me freak out in their phone all cycle.

It was a top-notch post lol 8)

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:54 pm

chandhi wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I didn't mention rank in my LS announcement post, but did mention that I'd gotten more money than I expected (because I was excited about it lol), then had a thank you at the end for all my friends who let me freak out in their phone all cycle.

It was a top-notch post lol 8)

8) I try, I try lol

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:54 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
chandhi wrote:I have had literally no one tell me that I shouldn't go. Everyone just seems really excited. Maybe I only talk to super-clueless people or maybe I look so innocent and hopeful that no one wants to crush my dreams

most folks i know smile and say "wow that's so fantastic" and then follow up with the decade-long phrase of "but i've heard right now is a really bad time to go to law school"

When I got my LSAT score (I was at a family wedding) my uncle said "Congrats, too bad that means you have to go to law school"

...he is not a lawyer.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:54 pm

i think i'll probably mention my full scholarship just folks don't think im some kind of noob going $200K into debt for school

...only $69K
Last edited by Hennessy on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:55 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:

Most people are just really impressed with me when I say I'm going to LS. Lol.

I think the most skepticism I've gotten is from people who ask me what I might want to do and I mention that I have an interest in DP cases and they're like, "YOU'D DEFEND A CRIMINAL. I THINK WE SHOULDN'T EVEN WASTE MONEY ON DEATH ROW. JUST TAKE 'EM TO THE YARD AND SHOOT 'EM." (I live in a northwestern place full of white conservatives) They also said basically everyone convicted of a crime is guilty of it and I was like um.... I don't know the exact numbers but I'm pretty sure yours are wrong lol.
Last edited by brinicolec on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:55 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:

i think i'll probably mention my full scholarship just folks don't think im some kind of noob going $200K into debt for school

...only $69K

Woah woah. We can't ALL get fully schollies, thank you very much. lol

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?