TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:50 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
RParadela wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:For us single people, how far of a distance do you think is an acceptable spread for your tinder? I try to keep my swipes under 25 miles currently, but I imagine the city I might drop that to 10

How far are you willing to drive to get laid? There's your answer

Come one, dude. Tinder is so 2016. The trend these days is to message people you find attractive on LinkedIn and ask if they're interested in meeting up for drinks.

*gags*

What else is the point of the "informational interview"

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:51 pm

Kopetz wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
RParadela wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:For us single people, how far of a distance do you think is an acceptable spread for your tinder? I try to keep my swipes under 25 miles currently, but I imagine the city I might drop that to 10

Come one, dude. Tinder is so 2016. The trend these days is to message people you find attractive on LinkedIn and ask if they're interested in meeting up for drinks.

TLS dating app? It'll just show LSAT/GPA/law school. Instead of yes/no it can be yes/retake

HAHA I'd invest in that

TTTinder

match.top-law-schools.com

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
RParadela wrote:

*gags*

:lol: my SO asked me out to dinner on LinkedIn

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:12 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
RParadela wrote:

*gags*

Really? hahaha wait complete cold-invite or did y'all already know each other?

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:20 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
RParadela wrote:

*gags*

Really? hahaha wait complete cold-invite or did y'all already know each other?

We met at a work meeting. He added me as a connection shortly after that and then asked me out a couple weeks later

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Postby thatblondegirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:40 pm

I've got a ridiculous amount of connections on LinkedIn because I just accepted everyone's connection/friend request when I was on the job hunt. It got me a lot of endorsements from random strangers and a lot of messages from recruiters so it was a solid strategy at the time.

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Postby The_Pluviophile » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Adding to the embarrassing SO stories, I went to a baby shower for my bfs sister-in-law and it was right after I'd gotten admitted to Harvard. He'd already told his parents, who had told his sister-in-law's parents as well, but he kept wanting to bring it up to random people I'd never met before throughout the party. The worst part was when we were talking to his brother-in-law, whose girlfriend is currently a part-time 1L at a local school (think ranking somewhere around 100). I'd never met her before. At one point she asked me how my applications were going (someone had mentioned I was planning on going to law school), and I was going to say something vague (along the lines of "its going well!") but my boyfriend beat me to it and just blurted out "she got into Harvard!"

The floor opened up and swallowed me whole.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:48 pm

The_Pluviophile wrote:Adding to the embarrassing SO stories, I went to a baby shower for my bfs sister-in-law and it was right after I'd gotten admitted to Harvard. He'd already told his parents, who had told his sister-in-law's parents as well, but he kept wanting to bring it up to random people I'd never met before throughout the party. The worst part was when we were talking to his brother-in-law, whose girlfriend is currently a part-time 1L at a local school (think ranking somewhere around 100). I'd never met her before. At one point she asked me how my applications were going (someone had mentioned I was planning on going to law school), and I was going to say something vague (along the lines of "its going well!") but my boyfriend beat me to it and just blurted out "she got into Harvard!"

I was at a friends house right after I got into Michigan and I was really excited about it and I said as much and someone was like, oh her boyfriend just graduated from Michigan! or, Western Michigan, actually. congrats!

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Postby The_Pluviophile » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:50 pm

guybourdin wrote:
The_Pluviophile wrote:Adding to the embarrassing SO stories, I went to a baby shower for my bfs sister-in-law and it was right after I'd gotten admitted to Harvard. He'd already told his parents, who had told his sister-in-law's parents as well, but he kept wanting to bring it up to random people I'd never met before throughout the party. The worst part was when we were talking to his brother-in-law, whose girlfriend is currently a part-time 1L at a local school (think ranking somewhere around 100). I'd never met her before. At one point she asked me how my applications were going (someone had mentioned I was planning on going to law school), and I was going to say something vague (along the lines of "its going well!") but my boyfriend beat me to it and just blurted out "she got into Harvard!"

I was at a friends house right after I got into Michigan and I was really excited about it and I said as much and someone was like, oh her boyfriend just graduated from Michigan! or, Western Michigan, actually. congrats!

:lol:

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:53 pm

The_Pluviophile wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

my first and only cooley "story".

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Btw does anyone know at what point we can post in the legal employment forum? Are we 1L's yet? Or is it on the first day of class that we transform into these monsters?

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:Btw does anyone know at what point we can post in the legal employment forum? Are we 1L's yet? Or is it on the first day of class that we transform into these monsters?

You didn't pay your TLS dues yet?? Get on that!

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:Btw does anyone know at what point we can post in the legal employment forum? Are we 1L's yet? Or is it on the first day of class that we transform into these monsters?

Do I have to make a GULC student cry to be initiated or what's the protocol here

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:

Do I have to make a GULC student cry to be initiated or what's the protocol here

Must have a "T13" brand located somewhere on your body

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:

has this not already happened naturally or what....?

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:42 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:

I have dished out some harsh advice in "choosing a law school" forum. Does that count?!

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:52 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:

I have dished out some harsh advice in "choosing a law school" forum. Does that count?!

Lol I really feel bad sometimes for the hate GULC gets on here. It's funny how the school with one of the largest class sizes you don't see a lot of posters from there

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:

Lol I really feel bad sometimes for the hate GULC gets on here. It's funny how the school with one of the largest class sizes you don't see a lot of posters from there

Even at the admitted student programs I have gone to have had people really down on GULC. I went to Georgetown's and half the people I spoke to were not that into the school, and would only consider it with a big scholarship.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:01 pm

I feel like I met a million people at michigan's ASW who were between there and GT

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:23 pm

At what point do we start regretting our choice to go to lawl skool

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:26 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:At what point do we start regretting our choice to go to lawl skool

3 months ago

Nightwing

Bronze

Postby Nightwing » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:27 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:At what point do we start regretting our choice to go to lawl skool

I figure sometime around exams. Or the first cold call.

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Postby thatblondegirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:28 pm

ashrice13 wrote:

3 months ago

Po$eidon

Bronze

Postby Po$eidon » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:29 pm

guybourdin wrote:

This is fantastic

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?