TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

thatlawlkid

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby thatlawlkid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:53 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:I was considering a National Signing Day-esq commit video via FB live. Have the hats for my top schools laid out on a table, "I, , Defensive Tackle/JD candidate, will be taking my talents to "insert law school" in the Fall of 2017"

Everyone's dream lol

For the sake of honesty I'll admit I have instagrammed a few acceptance letters, because everyone asks me constantly anyway and I've been working for this for 3 year so frick it, I deserve the love. No shame

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:54 am

forum_user wrote:
Kopetz wrote:paging dr. freud:

[+] Spoiler

tbh the best thing about this is your MS paint handwriting :lol:

it's about as good as my actual handwriting too :lol:

Earlskies

Bronze

Postby Earlskies » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 am

pretzeltime wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:tbh i'm not a fan of LS flexing but on the other hand, i feel like you should be able to flex as much about going to a great law school as all of the assholes who flex about their engagement, marriage, babies, anniversaries.

i also happen to think that i should be entitled to a gift registry for my accomplishments

Register at office depot

no!!!!!! I want an ice cream maker and a one thousand dollar vaccuum, k thanks!!!!!!!!!

All I ever want to do is eat mint chip and use my Dyson.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:00 pm

proteinshake wrote:someone needs to make an extravagant post when they post their school decision in the Destinations thread

fyi, I'll put some cool flair next to your name if your announcement video is THAT good in the destinations thread. (totally worth all the effort, right?)

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:03 pm

guybourdin wrote:
proteinshake wrote:someone needs to make an extravagant post when they post their school decision in the Destinations thread

fyi, I'll put some cool flair next to your name if your announcement video is THAT good in the destinations thread. (totally worth all the effort, right?)

I'd sell my soul for this flair. But I think I need to save it for biglaw :lol:

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Postby thatblondegirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:06 pm

I'm no shame balls to the wall flexin on Insta and FB. Pic of me wearing a hat with the school on it, etc. I've been extremely silent about the majority of the process so I might as well go all out in the announcement post :D

govlife

Bronze

Postby govlife » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:07 pm

RParadela wrote:Has anyone subtly mentioned where they are going to law school with someone they are trying to pick someone up at the bar or elsewhere?

Haha, not quite, but mentioned my other options during the cocktail reception at my local regional's ASW and one person suddenly got farrrr more interested in what I had to say. :roll:

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:12 pm

pretzeltime wrote:!

pm me where you are attending!

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:25 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:I was considering a National Signing Day-esq commit video via FB live. Have the hats for my top schools laid out on a table, "I, , Defensive Tackle/JD candidate, will be taking my talents to "insert law school" in the Fall of 2017"

Everyone's dream lol

For the sake of honesty I'll admit I have instagrammed a few acceptance letters, because everyone asks me constantly anyway and I've been working for this for 3 year so frick it, I deserve the love. No shame

I instagramed one as well lol

amta

Platinum

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby amta » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Rigo wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:What's the call on FB post for committing vs not?

Follow your insufferable lil heart

i stunted SOOOO fucking hard. Rigo can attest.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:01 pm

How far away is too far in terms of preserving a long distance relationship?

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:How far away is too far in terms of preserving a long distance relationship?

honestly, I think it depends on how often you can visit each other and also factors unique to your relationship (if either of you has jealousy issues, that makes things a lot harder). my now-husband and I did long distance for 6 months at the beginning of our relationship when I was studying abroad (so we were a continent apart), and it was SUPER hard, but also made our relationship wayyy stronger. I think doing long-distance within the continental US isn't that bad, though, because you can at least see each other every couple months (presumably, if not more).

other factor to consider is: how likely do you think you will be with this person for the rest of your life? if that's something that is even weird to CONSIDER right now, I'm not sure that it would be worth it. if you could see being with the person forever, even if you're not *there* yet, long distance may be worth it.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:09 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:How far away is too far in terms of preserving a long distance relationship?

honestly, I think it depends on how often you can visit each other and also factors unique to your relationship (if either of you has jealousy issues, that makes things a lot harder). my now-husband and I did long distance for 6 months at the beginning of our relationship when I was studying abroad (so we were a continent apart), and it was SUPER hard, but also made our relationship wayyy stronger. I think doing long-distance within the continental US isn't that bad, though, because you can at least see each other every couple months (presumably, if not more).

other factor to consider is: how likely do you think you will be with this person for the rest of your life? if that's something that is even weird to CONSIDER right now, I'm not sure that it would be worth it. if you could see being with the person forever, even if you're not *there* yet, long distance may be worth it.

Definitely agree with the last paragraph! You also need a mutual end goal, something to work for. I've been with my SO for three years long distance. If you're both working towards something it makes it easier. If one person has eatablished their life and wants to settle down, it could pose problems.

Oh and also agree about the jealousy. You NEED trust, and the ability to not always know what the other person is doing.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:12 pm

Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

Definitely agree with the last paragraph! You also need a mutual end goal, something to work for. I've been with my SO for three years long distance. If you're both working towards something it makes it easier. If one person has eatablished their life and wants to settle down, it could pose problems.

Oh and also agree about the jealousy. You NEED trust, and the ability to not always know what the other person is doing.

Ahhh thanks to both of you, this is incredibly helpful! I think I agree with the statement that it's easier if it's within the continental usa. I think it's more psychological at that point: "we're only an hour and a half plane ride away" but the fact that you can't just see the SO whenenever you want can be mentally draining.

I also agree 100% with the need for trust.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

Ahhh thanks to both of you, this is incredibly helpful! I think I agree with the statement that it's easier if it's within the continental usa. I think it's more psychological at that point: "we're only an hour and a half plane ride away" but the fact that you can't just see the SO whenenever you want can be mentally draining.

I also agree 100% with the need for trust.

Yeah it was super lonely at times. It may be different in a school setting though.

I think after three years though, I am willing to put transferring as a priority. If I don't get into a NYC school. I know it's a huge hassle and expensive, but being able to be together is worth it for me. Also I like the schools :-)
Last edited by Keilz on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:16 pm

my SO and I will be LDRing 1Ls, but weve been together for awhile. just gonna take life as it comes.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:22 pm

For us single people, how far of a distance do you think is an acceptable spread for your tinder? I try to keep my swipes under 25 miles currently, but I imagine the city I might drop that to 10

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:24 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:For us single people, how far of a distance do you think is an acceptable spread for your tinder? I try to keep my swipes under 25 miles currently, but I imagine the city I might drop that to 10

How far are you willing to drive to get laid? There's your answer

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:24 pm

RParadela wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:For us single people, how far of a distance do you think is an acceptable spread for your tinder? I try to keep my swipes under 25 miles currently, but I imagine the city I might drop that to 10

....I would walk 500 miles

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:25 pm

RParadela wrote:

Come one, dude. Tinder is so 2016. The trend these days is to message people you find attractive on LinkedIn and ask if they're interested in meeting up for drinks.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
RParadela wrote:

....I would walk 500 miles

there's your answer. I am currently off tinder (thinking about setting it back up!) but I would say 2-4 miles. I'm not as out for it, apparently. do whatever you're willing to do. In the suburbs I would have said 25 miles seems fine. In Chicago 7-8 miles seems crazy.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 pm

RParadela wrote:

Come one, dude. Tinder is so 2016. The trend these days is to message people you find attractive on LinkedIn and ask if they're interested in meeting up for drinks.

TLS dating app? It'll just show LSAT/GPA/law school. Instead of yes/no it can be yes/retake

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:29 pm

RParadela wrote:

*gags*

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:31 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
RParadela wrote:

TLS dating app? It'll just show LSAT/GPA/law school. Instead of yes/no it can be yes/retake

HAHA I'd invest in that

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:33 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
RParadela wrote:

HAHA I'd invest in that

TTTinder

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?