TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

R. Jeeves

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:01 am

pretzeltime wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:NEW POLL

I think you should include the varying degrees of flexing. We can all agree this isn't a matter of yes or no.. but more a matter of extremity.

ime tls hates nuance but maybe it would be better here.

give me poll option suggestions. i wasnt sure of a good way to describe the various degrees of flexing.

ashrice13

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:02 am

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Stylnator wrote:I have a friend who's treating facebook like TLS. He posts what schools have given him scholarsships, updates us on his ASWs, and then always ends with a dramatic line about what a tough decision this will be.

I know somebody who made a post about every single school they got into with pics of acceptance letters/screenshots of email acceptances like why :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

These people suck...but I'm also a little amazed by them. I mean...if you have that little shame, you do you.
Last edited by ashrice13 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:03 am

R. Jeeves wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

I think you should include the varying degrees of flexing. We can all agree this isn't a matter of yes or no.. but more a matter of extremity.

give me poll option suggestions. i wasnt sure of a good way to describe the various degrees of flexing.

just throw in a third option for indirect flex: friend posting for you or updating your school

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:03 am

Earlskies wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Leliana wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
I am going to take this moment to post my dog's instagram account. I haven't posted on it in a while though.

https://www.instagram.com/hudson_the_heeler/

I see him all the time on your tar, but your dog is amazing

+1000

He is soooo cute.

:) thanks! He is the best

Dogs that use pillows like humans are quite literately the cutest.

If you enjoy dogs using pillows, you will love this album! Hudson loves his pillows.

http://imgur.com/a/Aqau3

Leliana

Bronze

Postby Leliana » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:06 am

Tbh I kind of think the indirect friend-posting-for-you is worse than a basic update from yourself.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:07 am

Stylnator wrote:I have a friend who's treating facebook like TLS. He posts what schools have given him scholarsships, updates us on his ASWs, and then always ends with a dramatic line about what a tough decision this will be.

Omg I need to see this.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:08 am

pretzeltime wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

just throw in a third option for indirect flex: friend posting for you or updating your school

- balls to the wall, no shame ultimate brag post (lots of "humbled" and #blessed, potentially including school rank and scholarship offer)
- low key announcement (heading to x, "thanks mom and dad for the support")
- recruiting a friend/significant other/mom or dad to post on your behalf ("so proud of so and so who is heading to XLS next year")
- subtle announcement (adding XLS to your education, changing location to XLS city in august)
- not announcing at all, maybe people will catch on when I post pics
- I hate everybody on FB and they can all eff off, none of their business

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:08 am

How does this indirect thing work?

Do people really make other people post about them?

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:08 am

Keilz wrote:

Omg I need to see this.

+1

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:09 am

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

- balls to the wall, no shame ultimate brag post (lots of "humbled" and #blessed, potentially including school rank and scholarship offer)
- recruiting a friend/significant other/mom or dad to post on your behalf ("so proud of so and so who is heading to XLS next year")
- subtle announcement (adding XLS to your education, changing location to XLS city in august)

+180

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:09 am

pretzeltime wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

1. Yes (Friend/SO posts for you and you share it with response being thankful, etc)
2. Yes (You post just to say where you are going to school, where you might be living. No rankings/scholarship info/no bragging. Just an update to your peers/family)
3. Yes (YoloSwag420NoScope IM GOING TO HARVARD FULL RIDE SMD IM BETTER THAN YOU)
4. No (because of number 3)
5. No (nobody should post personal things on social media. only pets and fail videos)

edit: I also support this.

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Last edited by twiix on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:10 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:How does this indirect thing work?

I don't know if it was compelled but I've definitely seen friends from past years whose mom/dad made the announcement for them with a pic from their chosen law school and tagged them. tbh my parents get more likes on FB than I do so if I was looking to rake in dem likes that'd be the way to go.

Earlskies

Bronze

Postby Earlskies » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:10 am

jjcorvino wrote:
Earlskies wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Leliana wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
I am going to take this moment to post my dog's instagram account. I haven't posted on it in a while though.

+1000

He is soooo cute.

If you enjoy dogs using pillows, you will love this album! Hudson loves his pillows.

This is fantastic! While we are sharing - this is my dog Goose:

http://imgur.com/a/zhoJ3

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:11 am

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:

I don't know if it was compelled but I've definitely seen friends from past years whose mom/dad made the announcement for them with a pic from their chosen law school and tagged them. tbh my parents get more likes on FB than I do so if I was looking to rake in dem likes that'd be the way to go.

OK parents are one thing and I usually don't assume those are compelled, but do people get friends/SO's to do it?

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:11 am

pretzeltime wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

omg i miss u

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:12 am

idk if people actually tell friends to post for them. but sometimes a friend could find out and post for you which is great because you still get all the external validation but nobody thinks that youre bragging.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:12 am

Earlskies wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Earlskies wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Leliana wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

+1000

He is soooo cute.

This is fantastic! While we are sharing - this is my dog Goose:

http://imgur.com/a/zhoJ3

Haha this is amazing. I love dogs named after other animals. Also, that second picture <3

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:13 am

I could really tell my SO wanted me to post for him when he matched at his residency so I did it but felt so cringey :roll: he doesn't post at all on fb otherwise.

He also posted when I first got in to law school even though I said I didn't want him to. I only wanted to post when I deposited, but I think he thought I was just trying to be humble. Kind of got mad at that lol
Last edited by Keilz on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:13 am

ashrice13 wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:

I know somebody who made a post about every single school they got into with pics of acceptance letters/screenshots of email acceptances like why :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

These people suck...but I'm also a little amazed by them. I mean...if you have that little shame, you do you.

These are the same people who, when they go to law school, literally post everything with the location as (for example) "Harvard Law School" even when they're not even close to campus.

*picture of their dog in the apartment* tagged Harvard Law School
*picture of what they're eating in Quincy Market* tagged Harvard Law School
*picture of their vacation to Cancun* tagged Harvard Law School

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:14 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:

These are the same people who, when they go to law school, literally post everything with the location as (for example) "Harvard Law School" even when they're not even close to campus.

:lol: :lol:

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:14 am

Leliana wrote:Tbh I kind of think the indirect friend-posting-for-you is worse than a basic update from yourself.

It's like the passive aggressive version of flexing lol.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:15 am

ashrice13 wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:

My friend does this with Harvard Business School, he is very self aware though and knows it is obnoxious lol.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:15 am

proteinshake wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:

:lol: :lol:

#HLS!!!

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:16 am

One of my good friends tells everyone that we talk to that I'm going to UVA law when he gets drunk lol. Talking to a random dude on the bar while getting drinks? "This kid over here is going to UVA law"

Earlskies

Bronze

Postby Earlskies » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:17 am

jjcorvino wrote:Haha this is amazing. I love dogs named after other animals. Also, that second picture <3

I talked my SO down from naming him Ollie. She talked me down from naming him Squash. We settled on Goose.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?