TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

poptart123

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby poptart123 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:33 am

I think all of the hours spent studying for the LSAT earn you a semi-pretentious post about how smart you are and how much debt you are about to be in.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:33 am

Earlskies wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
RParadela wrote:I feel like going to law school, especially one of the best law schools in the country, is one of the best and most acceptable time to throw up a brag post on Facebook. I can't imagine anyone actually thinking that a Facebook post about law school is pretentious

Exactly, people post the smallest things on social media. They post pictures at concerts, sporting events, their new car, and anything else you can think of. Why is posting about a major life decision somehow pretentious?

https://i.redditmedia.com/ZGlEPg-8-GU9D ... 1894bd1a31

Oh, I understand how some things can be annoying. But isn't the point of social media to post about your life and interact with friends? If nobody posted about their lives there would be nothing to do on social media.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:33 am

jjcorvino wrote:
Earlskies wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
RParadela wrote:I feel like going to law school, especially one of the best law schools in the country, is one of the best and most acceptable time to throw up a brag post on Facebook. I can't imagine anyone actually thinking that a Facebook post about law school is pretentious

Exactly, people post the smallest things on social media. They post pictures at concerts, sporting events, their new car, and anything else you can think of. Why is posting about a major life decision somehow pretentious?

Oh, I understand how some things can be annoying. But isn't the point of social media to post about your life and interact with friends? If nobody posted about their lives there would be nothing to do on social media.

dog videos

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:34 am

proteinshake wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Earlskies wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

dog videos

over half of my instagram is pictures of my dog. All of my snapchats are dog videos and pics. :lol:

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:35 am

Yeah...I definitely put a post up on Facebook. I don't have a lot of things to Humblebrag about and I put in my time pretending to care when other people do it so I definitely am going to do it when I can. Plus I'm actually really proud of myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
I also put a picture up. Sorrynotsorry.

I would never post my school's rank or my scholarship...that's just wierd. It stops being a humblebrag and simply becomes a brag at that point. No one is going to be more excited for you, they'll just think you're a douche.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:36 am

My post said something about how I worked hard and was proud to say I was accepted at UVA. And then I thanked my parents. Like if that's pretentious.... I don't know what isn't

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:37 am

jjcorvino wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Earlskies wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

dog videos

over half of my instagram is pictures of my dog. All of my snapchats are dog videos and pics. :lol:

yes. as a fellow my-dog-is-my-avatar poster here, I can relate. tbh, my dog is the most exciting part of my life :P

but to add to the discussion: I just made a post announcing where I was going. also in part because I'm trying to root out all my friends who have ever lived in NYC so they can help me find an apartment :lol:

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:39 am

airwrecka wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Earlskies wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

dog videos

yes. as a fellow my-dog-is-my-avatar poster here, I can relate. tbh, my dog is the most exciting part of my life :P

but to add to the discussion: I just made a post announcing where I was going. also in part because I'm trying to root out all my friends who have ever lived in NYC so they can help me find an apartment :lol:

I am going to take this moment to post my dog's instagram account. I haven't posted on it in a while though.

https://www.instagram.com/hudson_the_heeler/

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:41 am

I have a friend who's treating facebook like TLS. He posts what schools have given him scholarsships, updates us on his ASWs, and then always ends with a dramatic line about what a tough decision this will be.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:42 am

Stylnator wrote:I have a friend who's treating facebook like TLS. He posts what schools have given him scholarsships, updates us on his ASWs, and then always ends with a dramatic line about what a tough decision this will be.

Yeah that is too much.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:42 am

jjcorvino wrote:
I am going to take this moment to post my dog's instagram account. I haven't posted on it in a while though.

I see him all the time on your tar, but your dog is amazing

Leliana

Bronze

Postby Leliana » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:42 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

+1000

He is soooo cute.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:43 am

fb law school announcements arent per se terrible. they just tend to be terrible.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:43 am

RParadela wrote:My post said something about how I worked hard and was proud to say I was accepted at UVA. And then I thanked my parents. Like if that's pretentious.... I don't know what isn't

It isn't, Be proud of yourself.

intlbr

Bronze

Postby intlbr » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:43 am

intlbr wrote:Hey y'all ... Is anyone else still waiting on a decision? I have NINE decisions pending! Ok, yeah, I applied late (took the Feb LSAT), and I'm obviously expecting a ding (or hopefully a WL), but for some reason many schools keep holding on to my app... I just need closure guys, is that too much to ask?! :cry:
Any other late applicants share the same feeling?

That's a ton, even for Feb. LSAT

I'm sorry :/ do you have a decision you're happy with yet?

IT IS, isn't it! I was trying to convince myself that I was just being impatient, but nine is way too much! But yeah, I'm sort of an usual candidate, so I figured something like that could happen. Anyway, I guess all I can do is wait, right? I got into a few schools, but so far I'm set on Emory's 2YJD for International Lawyers. I got in w/ good scholly. Money-wise it is my best option. I'm already an associate at biglaw, so it's probably the best thing for me to do right now. Of course I would be thrilled to get into any T14, but right now I just want closure. And WL counts as closure, so please all-nine-schools-that-have-to-send-me-decisions, just give me closure :cry:

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:46 am

Leliana wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

+1000

He is soooo cute.

:) thanks! He is the best

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:48 am

however I do approve of bragging via snapchat story

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:48 am

intlbr wrote:
intlbr wrote:Hey y'all ... Is anyone else still waiting on a decision? I have NINE decisions pending! Ok, yeah, I applied late (took the Feb LSAT), and I'm obviously expecting a ding (or hopefully a WL), but for some reason many schools keep holding on to my app... I just need closure guys, is that too much to ask?! :cry:
Any other late applicants share the same feeling?

That's a ton, even for Feb. LSAT

I'm sorry :/ do you have a decision you're happy with yet?

IT IS, isn't it! I was trying to convince myself that I was just being impatient, but nine is way too much! But yeah, I'm sort of an usual candidate, so I figured something like that could happen. Anyway, I guess all I can do is wait, right? I got into a few schools, but so far I'm set on Emory's 2YJD for International Lawyers. I got in w/ good scholly. Money-wise it is my best option. I'm already an associate at biglaw, so it's probably the best thing for me to do right now. Of course I would be thrilled to get into any T14, but right now I just want closure. And WL counts as closure, so please all-nine-schools-that-have-to-send-me-decisions, just give me closure :cry:

ohhhhh you're internationl, should have gotten that from your post.

That doesn't sound that weird then. International in general is a weird long black box, It is good that you have emory to keep you somewhat sane though :D

Earlskies

Bronze

Postby Earlskies » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:49 am

jjcorvino wrote:
Leliana wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

+1000

He is soooo cute.

:) thanks! He is the best

Dogs that use pillows like humans are quite literately the cutest.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:49 am

jjcorvino wrote:

brb following your dog right now. guess this means you will now know who I am IRL but oh well!

R. Jeeves

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:55 am

NEW POLL

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:56 am

ashrice13 wrote:
RParadela wrote:My post said something about how I worked hard and was proud to say I was accepted at UVA. And then I thanked my parents. Like if that's pretentious.... I don't know what isn't

It isn't, Be proud of yourself.

Yeah short ones with some thank yous are fine. The ones that are bad are the long flowery insincere posts about you're so humbled by this opportunity and blah blah blah like they just won an oscar. Even then if you can make it sound sincere and not like you totally expected to get into this school all along then that could be fine too.

The prima facie bad taste posts are any that talk about what your school is ranked, how much money you got, or how much money you will make

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:58 am

R. Jeeves wrote:NEW POLL

I think you should include the varying degrees of flexing. We can all agree this isn't a matter of yes or no.. but more a matter of extremity.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:59 am

Stylnator wrote:I have a friend who's treating facebook like TLS. He posts what schools have given him scholarsships, updates us on his ASWs, and then always ends with a dramatic line about what a tough decision this will be.

I know somebody who made a post about every single school they got into with pics of acceptance letters/screenshots of email acceptances like why :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:59 am

TWiiX wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:NEW POLL

I think you should include the varying degrees of flexing. We can all agree this isn't a matter of yes or no.. but more a matter of extremity.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?