TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

ashrice13

Gold

Re: Real Housewives of TLS - c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:42 pm

I'm definitely more concerned with not having money. I've made enough money to pay my bills, go out to eat a few times a week and still take at least one vacation a year for the past 10 years. The adjustment is going to be hard...I'm trying to start living poor now to 1. Save whatever I can in the next few months and 2. Get me and all my friends used to me saying "no" to things that cost money.

On the time front- I'm really not too worried. I worked full time during UG and still had somewhat of a life (there's no way LS will be more than full time work and UG). I will say it's important to set boundaries for yourself. I always had a rule of no homework on Friday night and at least 1 weekend day (usually Saturday). If I had to pull allnighters or go to school extra early every day to do that, I did. It was really important that I had down time to look forward to. Having an hour here or there during the week isn't as calming as having a full day off (at least for me).

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:43 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:yeah every time i call i get rebuffed quite... haughtily. The one lady laughed at me when i expressed concern that maybe my app had been lost, "that sort of thing doesn't happen at Vanderbilt"

[+] Spoiler

"that sort of thing doesn't happen at Vanderbilt"

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:52 pm

ashrice13 wrote:I'm definitely more concerned with not having money. I've made enough money to pay my bills, go out to eat a few times a week and still take at least one vacation a year for the past 10 years. The adjustment is going to be hard...I'm trying to start living poor now to 1. Save whatever I can in the next few months and 2. Get me and all my friends used to me saying "no" to things that cost money.

On the time front- I'm really not too worried. I worked full time during UG and still had somewhat of a life (there's no way LS will be more than full time work and UG). I will say it's important to set boundaries for yourself. I always had a rule of no homework on Friday night and at least 1 weekend day (usually Saturday). If I had to pull allnighters or go to school extra early every day to do that, I did. It was really important that I had down time to look forward to. Having an hour here or there during the week isn't as calming as having a full day off (at least for me).

I worked full time in undergrad too and it ruined my grades. I'm not working at all 1L, and probably not 2L (except for volunteering and internships.) I think without a job I will be able to easily commit +7 hours a day to school.

But re: money front, i think i'm just gonna be broke all the time. i like fine dining and i have an expensive car payment but i can't bear to get rid of it

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Anyone in here go to the gym often?

I pick things up and put them down

Not the same lmao. My one fear is not being able to go to the gym as much and falling off it 1L year. The gym helps me and always gives me a boost. Makes me think I can do anything lol. My deadlift went from 225 to 365 in one year.

Anyone else have this fear?

I think people forget that you actually get a lot more time in LS than you think. If the gym is a good mental boost for you, you just have to prioritize and find time for it. An hour a few times a week is definitely something you will be able to balance.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

Not the same lmao. My one fear is not being able to go to the gym as much and falling off it 1L year. The gym helps me and always gives me a boost. Makes me think I can do anything lol. My deadlift went from 225 to 365 in one year.

I think people forget that you actually get a lot more time in LS than you think. If the gym is a good mental boost for you, you just have to prioritize and find time for it. An hour a few times a week is definitely something you will be able to balance.

I'm hoping I don't have too many classes in the morning so I can go to the gym before class. I would hate to have to take two showers everyday.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

As much of a hassle as it is, committing to going early in the morning is the best way to work it into the schedule IMO. That way almost nothing can interfere with when you're gunna go, its out of the way, and you arent burnt out from a day of getting smoked by cold-calls.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:08 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

I'm hoping I don't have too many classes in the morning so I can go to the gym before class. I would hate to have to take two showers everyday.

I want all classes in the morning. I will have to use the gym on campus anyway (swim/buying a house with no gym) so I'd rather get everything done before like 3

texcellence

Bronze

Postby texcellence » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:13 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:only two more schools to still hear back from! I remember the days when I had 17 status checkers to check every morning and I could analyze every date change, debate whether new mailing sections suddenly appeared, and wonder if a decision was on its way during the times I had an error message when signing in. status checking is so boring now and takes less than 3 minutes :|

lol in this case, maybe boring is good. :D who you still waiting on?

Stephylynette

Bronze

Postby Stephylynette » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

I want all classes in the morning. I will have to use the gym on campus anyway (swim/buying a house with no gym) so I'd rather get everything done before like 3

You're buying a house???

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:19 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

if my classes start at like 11 then I'd try and go to the campus gym before class, use the gym showers, throw my gym stuff in the car, then go to class. if I do after then I'd have to shower before class then after the gym so I think going before class is most efficient (plus going before helps energize me for the day :D)

dietcoke1

Silver

Postby dietcoke1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:22 pm

texcellence wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:only two more schools to still hear back from! I remember the days when I had 17 status checkers to check every morning and I could analyze every date change, debate whether new mailing sections suddenly appeared, and wonder if a decision was on its way during the times I had an error message when signing in. status checking is so boring now and takes less than 3 minutes :|

lol in this case, maybe boring is good. :D who you still waiting on?

true lol. I'm still waiting on Stanford and NYU. have you decided on a school?

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 pm

proteinshake wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

if my classes start at like 11 then I'd try and go to the campus gym before class, use the gym showers, throw my gym stuff in the car, then go to class. if I do after then I'd have to shower before class then after the gym so I think going before class is most efficient (plus going before helps energize me for the day :D)

Yeah, I'll definitely make time for it. I'm way more productive after the gym anyway, it more than makes up for the time I spend there

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:26 pm

I'm shocked and appalled that my copy pasta didn't receive more attention.. Is the navy seal copy pasta officially dead? Sad, if true

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:28 pm

RParadela wrote:I'm shocked and appalled that my copy pasta didn't receive more attention.. Is the navy seal copy pasta officially dead? Sad, if true

I appreciated it. Audible chuckle confirmed.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:30 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

As much of a hassle as it is, committing to going early in the morning is the best way to work it into the schedule IMO. That way almost nothing can interfere with when you're gunna go, its out of the way, and you arent burnt out from a day of getting smoked by cold-calls.

I love the morning gym. I hate going afternoon, That's my thing. So I gotta make my schedule fit that.

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm guessing yes, but does depositing shoot myself in the foot for scholarship reconsideration?

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:33 pm

The gym is nice and all but I'm not willing to cut into my eating an entire box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch time.

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Rigo wrote:The gym is nice and all but I'm not willing to cut into my eating an entire box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch time.

I'm glad to see at least someone on TLS knows how to prioritize.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:36 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
Rigo wrote:The gym is nice and all but I'm not willing to cut into my eating an entire box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch time.

I'm glad to see at least someone on TLS knows how to prioritize.

but u need to raise your metabolism so you can consume more cinnamon toast crunch than you otherwise would

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Please never change

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

I love the morning gym. I hate going afternoon, That's my thing. So I gotta make my schedule fit that.

not to mention, EVERYONE is in there in the afternoon/evening.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:49 pm

Class>Gym>Lunch>Home

was my perfect Undergrad schedule. I doubt that will be possible in LS so I may have to try and get gym in first.

Also the pool was always PACKED early morning, my gym schedule is flipped from most people

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:07 pm

you know things are bad for your law school when you have to "re-open applications"

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:11 pm

fips tedora wrote:"re-open applications"

who is doing this?

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:11 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:

Two showers a day is so money. One after you lift in the AM, and one at the end of the day before bed. That's like standard for me lol.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?