TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Re: Real Housewives of TLS - c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mr_Chukes » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:15 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Just filled out a survey for a school that I withdrew from. It wasn't as awkward as everyone says it is lol.

Yeah most of the time it's really straight forward. The only times it gets awkward are when the schools sounds way too thirsty about it. Repeated personal emails, further imploring, bringing up legacy connections. Those are the horror stories that make me uncomfortable.

They very rarely happen

I'm glad it was a form and not a series of emails lol.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:28 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:I wish I could've negotiated with Northwestern but they gave a list of schools with whose offers they negotiate and welp, mine weren't on it.

Did they email this list to you or....?

Scholarship Reconsideration Form emailed to me upon request; let me post it here

Edit - Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Michigan, NYU, Penn, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, UT - Austin, UVA, Vanderbilt, WUSTL and Yale.

Cool Thanks,

What email did you first reach out to?

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:49 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:I wish I could've negotiated with Northwestern but they gave a list of schools with whose offers they negotiate and welp, mine weren't on it.

Did they email this list to you or....?

Scholarship Reconsideration Form emailed to me upon request; let me post it here

Edit - Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Michigan, NYU, Penn, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, UT - Austin, UVA, Vanderbilt, WUSTL and Yale.

Cool Thanks,

What email did you first reach out to?

Responded to my scholarship email. Sam kwak. Will PM u if you need it

Torres1893

Bronze

Postby Torres1893 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:31 pm

About to pay $900 this week for apartment application, seat deposit, apartment deposit, and apartment hassle free fee. I didn't expect to pay this much so soon lol.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Torres1893 wrote:About to pay $900 this week for apartment application, seat deposit, apartment deposit, and apartment hassle free fee. I didn't expect to pay this much so soon lol.

"hassle free fee"?

Torres1893

Bronze

Postby Torres1893 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:40 pm

Kopetz wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:About to pay $900 this week for apartment application, seat deposit, apartment deposit, and apartment hassle free fee. I didn't expect to pay this much so soon lol.

"hassle free fee"?

In the lease it says it covers everyday wear and tear, but I'm sure they will charge me regardless or hold my deposit if anything is noticed from wear and tear.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

"hassle free fee"?

In the lease it says it covers everyday wear and tear, but I'm sure they will charge me regardless or hold my deposit if anything is noticed from wear and tear.

you might wanna look into local renter laws, many places prohibit charging the renter or withholding deposits for regular wear and tear

charles117

Bronze

Postby charles117 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:18 pm

and I havent even started looking for an apartment yet XD

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:13 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:Just filled out a survey for a school that I withdrew from. It wasn't as awkward as everyone says it is lol.

It's just weird 'cause it's like "Damn, why this any of y'all's business?!?!?" lol

Po$eidon

Bronze

Postby Po$eidon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:24 am

Rigo wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Scholarship Reconsideration Form [for Northwestern] emailed to me upon request; let me post it here

At least the list makes sense. I remember Berkeley's matching program list used to exclude schools now ranked above it. lulz poor unfortunate Berk.

Oh god I remember this too. Weirdest list ever

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:50 am

After my third ASW I'm finally a lot closer to a decision. Funny how my interest in making small talk went down from the start of the first one to the end of the last.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:53 am

dasq5511 wrote:After my third ASW I'm finally a lot closer to a decision. Funny how my interest in making small talk went down from the start of the first one to the end of the last.

headed to Chi?!

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:02 am

proteinshake wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:After my third ASW I'm finally a lot closer to a decision. Funny how my interest in making small talk went down from the start of the first one to the end of the last.

headed to Chi?!

Leaning towards it very heavily, if I could just get them to give me a little more money I'd commit.

Edit: idk about anyone else but NU's ASW left me decidedly uninspired

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:14 am

dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

headed to Chi?!

Leaning towards it very heavily, if I could just get them to give me a little more money I'd commit.

nice! was NU just lacking in general or was it something else?

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:24 am

proteinshake wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

headed to Chi?!

There were several factors for me that made me feel like it wasn't the right fit for me: I'm KJD graduating in three years and NU's student body is much older, they don't have much of a sell besides preparing you for biglaw, my career goals would very much be benefited by clerkships and I'm definitely interested in academia, and the faculty at Chicago seems like a real cut above the other schools I was thinking about.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:43 am

charles117 wrote:and I havent even started looking for an apartment yet XD

Same. And, I don't see myself starting the search any time soon because I have a lot of hope re: at least one of my four WLs.

In which city will you have to apt hunt?

Hogwartsexpress

New

Postby Hogwartsexpress » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:18 am

It's fucking miserable

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:24 am

brinicolec wrote:

It's just weird 'cause it's like "Damn, why this any of y'all's business?!?!?" lol

I feel like they get sad when you say no lol.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:24 am

Been looking lol. Where you gonna end up?

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:56 pm

dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

headed to Chi?!

There were several factors for me that made me feel like it wasn't the right fit for me: I'm KJD graduating in three years and NU's student body is much older, they don't have much of a sell besides preparing you for biglaw, my career goals would very much be benefited by clerkships and I'm definitely interested in academia, and the faculty at Chicago seems like a real cut above the other schools I was thinking about.

Also a KJD graduating in 3 years and I didn't even apply to NW because of that reason

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:30 pm

RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

headed to Chi?!

Also a KJD graduating in 3 years and I didn't even apply to NW because of that reason

I will say that I didn't really feel awkward or anything (I know a current 2L so I've spent a lot of time with NU students) but it wasn't really the right vibe for me, as vague as that sounds.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:31 pm

RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

headed to Chi?!

yeah I was pleasantly surprised at how young the Duke crowd seemed

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:36 pm

proteinshake wrote:
RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

headed to Chi?!

yeah I was pleasantly surprised at how young the Duke crowd seemed

I was a huge fan of the student body at Duke and definitely prefer the school to NU, but the whole living in NC thing is really holding me back. UChi kids also live up to their reputation of awkwardness.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:39 pm

I know UVA is one of the younger student bodies of the T13 which is a big relief for me. My biggest concern socially is that I'll go to law school and everyone will be in their late 20s and married or in long-term relationships. That would blow

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:40 pm

dasq5511 wrote:I was a huge fan of the student body at Duke and definitely prefer the school to NU, but the whole living in NC thing is really holding me back. UChi kids also live up to their reputation of awkwardness.

do you have to live in a big city or is it something else? for me the lower COL makes it worth not being in a big city, but I also like college towns (though Durham really isn't one, but close enough). that being said, I definitely want to live in a big city after law school.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?