TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

proteinshake

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby proteinshake » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:IMO straight spaghetti is clowning.

Fusilli and Elbows are where it's at

ELBOWS?!!!?!?!??! :|

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:55 pm

proteinshake wrote:

*clutches pearls* e l b o w s ??!?

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:After two weeks straight of rain we're lined up for a week straight of sunny and highs of 60-80. Tee time tomorrow afternoon set up, spring is finally showing up.

We do have a frost advisory tonight though, lol

Getting my second round of the year in this weekend on Sunday (before coming home to watch the Masters). I don't know if there is anything more relaxing than a round of golf.

Me rn

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Dodocogon wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:After two weeks straight of rain we're lined up for a week straight of sunny and highs of 60-80. Tee time tomorrow afternoon set up, spring is finally showing up.

Getting my second round of the year in this weekend on Sunday (before coming home to watch the Masters). I don't know if there is anything more relaxing than a round of golf.

Me rn

I have never watched golf (longer than 5 minutes) but I might watch the Masters because I think I'd like watching golf

jstans

Bronze

Postby jstans » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Dodocogon wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

Me rn

My productivity level today is synonymous with that of Dustin Johnson

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:04 pm

guybourdin wrote:Accepting June LSAT Scores - It's not too late! Vermont trying too hard

I have a lot of outdoor recreation friends and when I tell them I'm considering law school they are like "oh I was too! Was really looking at Vermont Law!"

Fucking environmental law specialty rankings.

New

Postby 206488476 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:06 pm

jstans wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

Me rn

oooh too soon :(

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:06 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

*clutches pearls* e l b o w s ??!?

elbows are the budweiser of pasta

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Rigo wrote:
guybourdin wrote:Accepting June LSAT Scores - It's not too late! Vermont trying too hard

I have a lot of outdoor recreation friends and when I tell them I'm considering law school they are like "oh I was too! Was really looking at Vermont Law!"

fuck all these schools that let KIDS go 200k+ into debt with no chance of getting a job. I've worked with TTT 25 yos who debt-financed dannear their whole education and its just fucked up. I'm sorry; but you're still a fucking kid at 22. its a bummer

jstans

Bronze

Postby jstans » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:12 pm

206488476 wrote:
jstans wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

Me rn

oooh too soon :(

Saw his 9/1 odds this morning despite the stairs incident, almost placed what could have been an oddly safe bet. Very happy that I refrained from that now.

whatislife

New

Postby whatislife » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Last edited by whatislife on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:16 pm

guybourdin wrote:
Rigo wrote:

fuck all these schools that let KIDS go 200k+ into debt with no chance of getting a job. I've worked with TTT 25 yos who debt-financed dannear their whole education and its just fucked up. I'm sorry; but you're still a fucking kid at 22. its a bummer

Sibling just graduated with 160k loans and they'll be a doctor but they still tell me they ruined their life for the debt they didn't understand when they were 21. I can't even imagine what debt like that could do to a person with no job prospects.

Don't quote

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Sarastro wrote:
TexasENG wrote:(the thought is that the GRE might be slightly less biased than the LSAT)

I've heard this before, but haven't taken the GRE so I have no ability to compare the tests. What makes it less socioeconomically biased than the LSAT? RC seems like it could be rough, but isn't there also a vocab section in the GRE?

From what all my friends have said about the GRE, it's just as learnable but significantly easier.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
TexasENG wrote:(the thought is that the GRE might be slightly less biased than the LSAT)

I've heard this before, but haven't taken the GRE so I have no ability to compare the tests. What makes it less socioeconomically biased than the LSAT? RC seems like it could be rough, but isn't there also a vocab section in the GRE?

From what all my friends have said about the GRE, it's just as learnable but significantly easier.

Aren't all standardized tests "economically biased"? To me that just seems like it would make sense. Lower income communities do not have the resources at all levels of school that upper class areas do. Of course people that had better school environments would do better on standardized tests.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Feel so relaxed now that I've chosen a school.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:01 pm

My whole cycle is still so undecided, I am a constant ball of frustration.

I miss studying for the LSAT - at least I had measurable improvement towards a goal.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:12 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
Sarastro wrote:

Aren't all standardized tests "economically biased"? To me that just seems like it would make sense. Lower income communities do not have the resources at all levels of school that upper class areas do. Of course people that had better school environments would do better on standardized tests.

Yeah, I just assume a standardized test is economically biased. That being said, I think it's still important that we recognize that all "standardized" tests have a massive flaw that make them not standardized. If our goal is to measure "intelligence" or propensity to understand certain material in a way that is applicable to everyone we should probably be looking for a better way to do it than any of the current methods we have

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:12 pm

go the fuck OFF dr. degrees! I totally concur.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:20 pm

proteinshake wrote:

I also hate straight spaghetti noodles. I prefer penne though.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:24 pm

The best pasta is a fluid determination. It's clearly dependent on the sauce/other ingredients in the dish.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:25 pm

ashrice13 wrote:The best pasta is a fluid determination. It's clearly dependent on the sauce/other ingredients in the dish.

That's true... Shitty pasta sauce <<<<

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:28 pm

brinicolec wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:The best pasta is a fluid determination. It's clearly dependent on the sauce/other ingredients in the dish.

I more mean that certain pastas go better with certain sauces.

For example, I love angel hair but it just doesn't hold up to a bolognese. What would be a shitty dish. It's amazing for a white wine sauce though.

Aannnndd now I'm hungry.

Monday

Silver

Postby Monday » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:31 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

I more mean that certain pastas go better with certain sauces.

For example, I love angel hair but it just doesn't hold up to a bolognese. What would be a shitty dish. It's amazing for a white wine sauce though.

Aannnndd now I'm hungry.

fettuccine alfredo is the GOAT pasta/sauce combo

VA2lawschool

Bronze

Postby VA2lawschool » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Monday wrote:Rao's is the best grocery spaghetti sauce.

THIS. Worth the price.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?