TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

10
10
83%
9
0
No votes
8
1
8%
7
0
No votes
6
0
No votes
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
1
8%
2
0
No votes
1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 12

thatblondegirl

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby thatblondegirl » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:43 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:do you think they had to like brew up a wizard version of "Plan B" or was there like an "baby deleto"spell they had?

I always wondered how Madam Pomfrey handled those unwanted teen pregnancies

User avatar
thatlawlkid

Gold
Posts: 2247
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:45 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:do you think they had to like brew up a wizard version of "Plan B" or was there like an "baby deleto"spell they had?

I always wondered how Madam Pomfrey handled those unwanted teen pregnancies

these are the conversations that will get me to 500 posts for the destination thread

thatblondegirl

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby thatblondegirl » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:46 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:do you think they had to like brew up a wizard version of "Plan B" or was there like an "baby deleto"spell they had?

I always wondered how Madam Pomfrey handled those unwanted teen pregnancies

these are the conversations that will get me to 500 posts for the destination thread

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Speaking of Harry Potter, are there wizard/witch lawyers? Like, they make magical contracts and spend all day doing discovery for Ministry of Magic V. Weasley for his illegal muggle experiments?

User avatar
BoyJord

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby BoyJord » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:53 pm

guybourdin wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
I agree. we need a new topic to begin the process

law schools as Hogwarts houses


I think hufflepuff suits Michigan

UChicago as Ravenclaw?

Durmstrang


This

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Kopetz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:54 pm

jjcorvino wrote:Speaking of Harry Potter, are there wizard/witch lawyers? Like, they make magical contracts and spend all day doing discovery for Ministry of Magic V. Weasley for his illegal muggle experiments?


they had a judiciary (the wizengamot) so that seems to imply some kind of wizard jurisprudence

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1225
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:55 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:do you think they had to like brew up a wizard version of "Plan B" or was there like an "baby deleto"spell they had?

I always wondered how Madam Pomfrey handled those unwanted teen pregnancies


Is avada kedavra-ing a fetus considered murder or an acceptable form of wizard-abortion? I heard this has been a point of intense political debate within the Ministry of Magic for centuries.

User avatar
BoyJord

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby BoyJord » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:56 pm

chandhi wrote:
sorence wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
chandhi wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:The real question is...who is Gryffindor??


I don't think anyone?

I would have said NYU before that email slip up the other day

NYU or mich seem closest but idk.


I'd vote for Mich!

My announcement post on insta when I chose Mich:

"Hmmm, difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?"

"Not UChicago, not UChicago..."

"Not UChicago, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It's all here in your head. And UChicago will help you on the way to greatness (and clerkships), there's no doubt about that. No?"

"Please, please. Anything but UChicago, anything but UChicago."

"Well if you're sure, better be... MICHIGAN!"


Well done

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Kopetz wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Speaking of Harry Potter, are there wizard/witch lawyers? Like, they make magical contracts and spend all day doing discovery for Ministry of Magic V. Weasley for his illegal muggle experiments?


they had a judiciary (the wizengamot) so that seems to imply some kind of wizard jurisprudence


I forgot about that. So is Dumbledore also a licensed attorney? He seemed to be able to step in to represent Harry without any objection.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1225
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:01 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Speaking of Harry Potter, are there wizard/witch lawyers? Like, they make magical contracts and spend all day doing discovery for Ministry of Magic V. Weasley for his illegal muggle experiments?


they had a judiciary (the wizengamot) so that seems to imply some kind of wizard jurisprudence


I forgot about that. So is Dumbledore also a licensed attorney? He seemed to be able to step in to represent Harry without any objection.


Pretty sure Dumbledore could do whater the hell he wants and nobody will say anything. He's like Pope Francis. If Pope Francis walked into a courtroom and said that he would represent you pro-bono, I doubt anyone would say shit.

Hennessy

Gold
Posts: 2516
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Hennessy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Said YLS, "We'll teach just those
Whose ancestry's purest."

Said Stanford Law, "We'll teach those whose
Intelligence is surest."

Said Harvard U, "We'll teach all those
With brave deeds to their name."

Said Michigan, "I'll teach the lot
And treat them just the same."

ldlestrange

Bronze
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby ldlestrange » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:04 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
Said YLS, "We'll teach just those
Whose ancestry's purest."

Said Stanford Law, "We'll teach those whose
Intelligence is surest."

Said Harvard U, "We'll teach all those
With brave deeds to their name."

Said Michigan, "I'll teach the lot
And treat them just the same."


THIS IS AMAZING

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Kopetz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Speaking of Harry Potter, are there wizard/witch lawyers? Like, they make magical contracts and spend all day doing discovery for Ministry of Magic V. Weasley for his illegal muggle experiments?


they had a judiciary (the wizengamot) so that seems to imply some kind of wizard jurisprudence


I forgot about that. So is Dumbledore also a licensed attorney? He seemed to be able to step in to represent Harry without any objection.


Pretty sure Dumbledore could do whater the hell he wants and nobody will say anything. He's like Pope Francis. If Pope Francis walked into a courtroom and said that he would represent you pro-bono, I doubt anyone would say shit.


and Pope Francis isn't able to kick every ass in any room (as far as i'm aware.) If Dumbledore wants to practice law without a license, who's really going to stop him?

edit: lol Henny
Last edited by Kopetz on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1225
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:04 pm

ldlestrange wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
Said YLS, "We'll teach just those
Whose ancestry's purest."

Said Stanford Law, "We'll teach those whose
Intelligence is surest."

Said Harvard U, "We'll teach all those
With brave deeds to their name."

Said Michigan, "I'll teach the lot
And treat them just the same."


THIS IS AMAZING


HAHAA

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1225
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Kopetz wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Speaking of Harry Potter, are there wizard/witch lawyers? Like, they make magical contracts and spend all day doing discovery for Ministry of Magic V. Weasley for his illegal muggle experiments?


they had a judiciary (the wizengamot) so that seems to imply some kind of wizard jurisprudence


I forgot about that. So is Dumbledore also a licensed attorney? He seemed to be able to step in to represent Harry without any objection.


Pretty sure Dumbledore could do whater the hell he wants and nobody will say anything. He's like Pope Francis. If Pope Francis walked into a courtroom and said that he would represent you pro-bono, I doubt anyone would say shit.


and Pope Francis isn't able to kick every ass in any room (as far as i'm aware.) If Dumbledore wants to practice law without a license, who's really going to stop him?

edit: lol Henny


Do you have any idea what a single Moonstone could do to a Pope?

If you learn anything from Pokemon: never fuck with Magikarp.

potterotter

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby potterotter » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:09 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SmallK

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:09 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby SmallK » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
Said YLS, "We'll teach just those
Whose ancestry's purest."

Said Stanford Law, "We'll teach those whose
Intelligence is surest."

Said Harvard U, "We'll teach all those
With brave deeds to their name."

Said Michigan, "I'll teach the lot
And treat them just the same."


THIS IS AMAZING


HAHAA


YES. 10000%, spot on.

User avatar
BoyJord

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby BoyJord » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:13 pm

ldlestrange wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
Said YLS, "We'll teach just those
Whose ancestry's purest."

Said Stanford Law, "We'll teach those whose
Intelligence is surest."

Said Harvard U, "We'll teach all those
With brave deeds to their name."

Said Michigan, "I'll teach the lot
And treat them just the same."


THIS IS AMAZING

Does this post count for 500? Someone get OP some flair for their "destination" tag

Monday

Silver
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Monday » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:14 pm

.
Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1225
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Wait I'm kind of confused. What happens to wizard-born children that don't make it to Hogwarts or the other schools in England (since I'm assuming there's more wizard children than there are seats at these schools)? Do they have like a list of second-tier wizards schools?

User avatar
Po$eidon

Bronze
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Po$eidon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:do you think they had to like brew up a wizard version of "Plan B" or was there like an "baby deleto"spell they had?

I always wondered how Madam Pomfrey handled those unwanted teen pregnancies


Is avada kedavra-ing a fetus considered murder or an acceptable form of wizard-abortion? I heard this has been a point of intense political debate within the Ministry of Magic for centuries.


These are the questions they ask at Uchi prior to agreeing that Avada Kedavra-ing fetuses is wrong but also that Avada Kedavra-ing should be more widely used against everyone else. Hence Durmstrang (the cold seals the deal)

thatblondegirl

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby thatblondegirl » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:24 pm

Po$eidon wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:do you think they had to like brew up a wizard version of "Plan B" or was there like an "baby deleto"spell they had?

I always wondered how Madam Pomfrey handled those unwanted teen pregnancies


Is avada kedavra-ing a fetus considered murder or an acceptable form of wizard-abortion? I heard this has been a point of intense political debate within the Ministry of Magic for centuries.


These are the questions they ask at Uchi prior to agreeing that Avada Kedavra-ing fetuses is wrong but also that Avada Kedavra-ing should be more widely used against everyone else. Hence Durmstrang (the cold seals the deal)

^True

Also, is it possible to just Avada Kedavra the fetus? Are there lasting damages to the fetus bearer? So many questions!

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1225
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:25 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
Po$eidon wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:do you think they had to like brew up a wizard version of "Plan B" or was there like an "baby deleto"spell they had?

I always wondered how Madam Pomfrey handled those unwanted teen pregnancies


Is avada kedavra-ing a fetus considered murder or an acceptable form of wizard-abortion? I heard this has been a point of intense political debate within the Ministry of Magic for centuries.


These are the questions they ask at Uchi prior to agreeing that Avada Kedavra-ing fetuses is wrong but also that Avada Kedavra-ing should be more widely used against everyone else. Hence Durmstrang (the cold seals the deal)

^True

Also, is it possible to just Avada Kedavra the fetus? Are there lasting damages to the fetus bearer? So many questions!


Wow that is a pretty valid question!

Hennessy

Gold
Posts: 2516
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Hennessy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:26 pm

.
Last edited by Hennessy on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
BoyJord

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby BoyJord » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Wait I'm kind of confused. What happens to wizard-born children that don't make it to Hogwarts or the other schools in England (since I'm assuming there's more wizard children than there are seats at these schools)? Do they have like a list of second-tier wizards schools?


TT/TTT wizard schools are simply muggle schools. These wizard kids just enroll at Oxbridge



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: casebonk and 22 guests